Vacations To Go Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
R Alan Fox

Pros
  • I've been on over 10 vacations for free, I make good money, and I get to talk about travel all day (in 4 reviews)

• the money is not bad compared to other sales jobs, plus no cold calling (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are not a top performer, you will never get a hello from upper management or any encouragement (in 7 reviews)

• Team managers focus on team members that they will bonus from (in 3 reviews)

1. Great place to work!

Pros

I've had the pleasure to "grow up" at Vacations To Go. I started here when I was 22 years old and have seen this place grow and improve each and every year. I have been able to travel to some amazing place, while earning a great income. I truly enjoy the people I work around everyday and look forward to retiring here someday.

Cons

I do not have any cons

2. Great Place To Work

Former Employee - Travel Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Travel Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Vacations To Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very positive atmosphere!. Very diverse company that seems to care about its employees. I would still be there if it wasn't so far for me to drive. I was there for 3 years, but I couldn't do the drive any longer. The free cruises and gifts given throughout the year are AMAZING!

Cons

Too far away from my home. They do not allow home agents.

Advice to Management

Great, from what I experienced! Little micro-managing, Directors and Managers were positive and always willing to assist. Very cool to see the President of the company often mingling with employees.

3. Wonderful workplace, amazing perks!

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at Vacations To Go for over 10 years and this is my second home. VTG has provided me with plenty of opportunity to learn, grow into new areas and continue to challenge myself. Because of my job, I have been able to visit so many places that I would have otherwise never afforded. This has shaped me to be a much better travel counselor and all around person. VTG also strives to create a fun working atmosphere thru a relaxed dress code, family and work events, and plenty of recognition thru their awesome bonus structure. I could not picture myself working anywhere else.

Cons

VTG employs commission based sales agents, that does not work for everyone. Also, the nature of the businees demands that employees work nights and weekends, which can interfere with an employees social/family life.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You guys are always striving to re-invent the system and adapt to the evolving needs of your employees. Thank you!

5. Great Company...Family environment.

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*Easiest sales job you will ever have *No cold calls *Only promote from within the company *Travel perks *Employee Benefits

Cons

*Must work weekends starting out *Takes a good year to get client base established *Slow season means you need to plan ahead during more lucrative months

Advice to Management

N/A

6. The Place to Work!

Current Employee - Master Cruise Counselor, Luxury Specialist, Singles Host in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Make triple the average TA, and get paid to go on 6-8 cruises a year! Not sure it gets much better than this

Cons

Be ready to multi-task and put in your due time for a good schedule.

7. Great company

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Vacations To Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. There are a lot of perks, and it feels like working with your family. Great opportunities to be promoted from within.

Cons

As for the sales, it is commission based so there can be slow times where money is less. Only a personal problem if you are not financially responsible.

Advice to Management

Employees are treated very fairly with good benefits - socially and on site. They really do try to be fair and reasonable with employees.

8. Travel Counselor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, friendly work environment

Cons

100% commission pay scale, must work extra hours and sometime weekends to make a livable wage during off peak season.

Advice to Management

More support of employee when customer is taking advantage of a situation.

9. Travel Agent

Pros

Lot's of nice people with a support staff, many leads, convenient location, easy dress code, fun environment, one monthly check, training and decent pay structure.

Cons

Work hours suck until about 3-4 years later. Buddy club for advancements, promotions and other free trips. No paid vacation time and possible loss of long term income/customers when you're out the other agents will take your deal.

Advice to Management

Diversify the management faces to match the majority of the employee faces. Value and retain the employees you have instead of starting new training classes every week.

Nightmare unless you LOVE inside sales

Former Employee - Cruise Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Cruise Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Vacations To Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No driving required, casual dress, all leads are incoming so no cold calling or pressure to produce leads. If you don't like seeing clients, this is a good gig.

Cons

Major control of teams. 'Managers' are really baby-sitters; they do not strategize and motivate, etc. Clock-watchers for dinner break (forced at certain hour), even during slow season when the phones are barely ringing. EXTREMELY exaggerated income potential unless you want to trade your life (I.e. Work 80 hours/week) to potentially make 80+K.

Advice to Management

Present the REAL income opportunity -- initially 40-50K max for full time. More than this requires a LOT of extra hours. Also: Keep a tighter reign on abusive upper management; get rid of such types sooner than 10 years!

11. Cruise Agent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Vacations To Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great fun and family atmosphere! great work/home balance very very flexible. No pressure...... more you work more you make.. You can make 2k or 160k...easy easy easy!!! would go back in a heartbeat! Oh they are ALWAYS ordering food for the staff and giving perks like trip, ipads etc....you gain wait...lol! Room for advance higher within first on new openings

Cons

Management take the side of the customer far to much. They bend and make the employee pay the price. Watch your back!! If you can deal with customer telling lies/swaying the truth to get something for free you will be ok.

Advice to Management

Have your employees back for a change and grow some balls. It's ok to say no to customer on occasion.

RSS Feed </> Embed