Valence Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Philip H. Kamp

New Technology Leadership- Complete Revamp

Pros- New Leadership, CTO, Program Directors and VPs
    - New products using the coolest tech in the stack
    -Entire re-org MAJOR promises to growth
    - Out with the old, and in with the new

Cons- "Old guard" vs. "New Gaurd" type of transformation battles

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing for what you know will work toget the best B2B SaaS product out there. A lot of work to be done, but we need to keep pushing.

Not So Much

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome very nice and very intelligent people to work with.
    Convenient location. Okay salaries.

ConsRoad show of good ole boys, insecure territory buffalo and self-congratulatory so called new guard lacking professional maturity for their roles. Weak benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop listening to hearsay. Reward education, maturity, performance and competence.

Most unprofessional company to work for...

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThere are no pros. There are no processes, everyone is expected to work more than 12 hours a day with no overtime.

ConsCompany work culture is really unprofessional. They expect you to work extra long hours and weekends. There are no ethics and they expect you to "do whatever it takes". There is a lot of nepotism and most employees at this company are Indian. There is no American work culture at this company. A lot of turnover and dissatisfied employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the work culture professional. Make work hours reasonable for what you are paying employees. Cut down on the buddy culture and nepotism.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dynamic and fun work environment with plenty of opportunities to grow your career

ProsI have been working at Valence for a few years now. During that time the company has presented me with many engaging opportunities to learn and grow professionally. Senior management recognizes and rewards talent and effort, so this is a great company for someone who is driven to succeed. Valence started as a small company which created an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment, and even though the company has grown very rapidly over the last few years I think that culture has been maintained. I enjoy coming to work every day; and that is due to the company's culture, the engaging/challenging work, and the positive attitudes of my coworkers.

Valence also makes an effort to have fun outside of work by planning happy hours, company-wide parties, golf outings, sponsoring recreational sports teams for its employees, etc. These events really help you get to know your coworkers which makes the work environment more fun and productive.

ConsI don't have any cons to share.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great Opportunity!

ProsValence Health hires and maintains exceptional personnel with initiative, experience and leadership that is driven to do what is best for the company. When I was hired, I was not a family member or a friend of anyone within the company. However, I truly do feel I am a part of the Valence family and I have many fabulous, talented friends that I learn from on a daily basis.

I started at an entry level position and have been promoted multiple times. What you put into your professional career at Valence is what you will get out of Valence. Valence invests and rewards team members that have an entrepreneur spirit and are willing to be challenged. Valence is growing at a very rapid pace and as with any growth, there are increased challenges. However, I do believe as a team, we maintain our sense of humor and pride. I have been afforded the opportunity to grow with the company in which has allowed me to excel in my career, travel and meet wonderful individuals across the nation.

One of my team members gave me the following quote “You get the best efforts from others not by lighting a fire beneath them, but by building a fire within them.” This quote is truly reflective of the leadership at Valence.

Valence expects integrity and competence from employees. I feel supported, far from micro-managed and I am provided the tools to do my job. We take pride in hiring the Best of the Best and keeping them on board.

The benefits are great and my Team is fantastic!

ConsI am very pleased with my career at Valence. I do not have any cons to list.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Pathetic place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmall Company .. you grow if the company grows.

ConsToo much work and not enough resources.
    Too many managers in IT are Indians.... seems like they do not know US overtime laws and do not engage correctly with people. Seems like they need a US specific Managerial Training.
    High attrition rate because of inappropriate workload.
    Average pay.
    Pathetic work. They are on a technology stack which if you work for very long you will become incompetent in the market.
    The IT management is incompetent.
    5 poeple quit from IT in 3 months so they are recruiting all the time. What a joke?
    The company is running on VC funds and is not profitable.
    Average infrastructure.
    Seems there management style is 20 years behind the current Industry standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecruit a few guys from Top Notch IT companies like Accenture/IBM for Senior management positions.

Poor management has done a disservice to an otherwise good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice coworkers and decent pay.

ConsNepotism and unfair practices with personnel. Unless you're a family member or a friend, you shouldn't expect any fair treatment. And this isn't from the CEO or President who are decent guys, this is from other upper management and HR.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to hiring practices. You may notice people are being hired for who they know and not their abilities.

Can be better

Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible hours.
    Growth opportunity.
    Casual work place.
    Decent pay.

ConsSome systems are antiquated.
    Not enough employees but a ton of work. Can be burdening at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more smart people rather than cheap labor.

Worked for Valence Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Valence Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Valence Health CEO Philip H. Kamp. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Valence Health employees.