Valencia College

www.valenciacollege.edu

Valencia College Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2014
Valencia College – Orlando – “Valencia College – East Campus Library”

I have be very fortunate in working here, I have progressed from 3rd Shift computer operator to Network Director.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people, great benefits, great hours

ConsWork loads can sometimg become an issue

Atlas Lab Kissimmee campus

Atlas Lab Assistant (Current Employee) Kissimmee, FL

ProsFlexible schedule, Already on campus so I had a short commute to class, Leadership experience, not physically demanding I got to sit at a desk most of the time, I was always up to speed on new things occurring on campus

ConsI only worked 20 hrs a week but that's was the legal maximum and my manager couldn't control that

you feeel great bout helping others

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthey care about non-traditional people who work there and non-traditional students

Consthere are no cons here

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very positive environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsVery small campuses where all the staff know each other and even get to know students very well. Most of the coworkers are always willing to help out and get to know you. Opportunities to advance within the college.

ConsIf you don't make friends, you won't get very far.

Great environment!

Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGained teaching experience, pays well.

ConsNot enough hours, only part time

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, everyone is amazing there.

Great Springboard

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFocus is on the latest technology to deliver a product that differentiates itself. Skills not taught in school or other workplaces are commonplace here.

ConsSmall company with no benefits and lower pay.

Great for Students

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsVery flexible and accommodating for working students.

ConsNot a lot of room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop all the senseless diplomatic regulations and exchanges.

Valencia Community College is overall a great place to work.

ProsYou can't beat the benefits at Valencia Community College; we get over a week off for winter break paid, and a week off for spring break paid, along with another 5 weeks of paid sick/vacation leave. We also get medical and dental benefits.

ConsThe pay is not the best for career service; part time pay is good, as is professional pay, however career service pay is not on par. Also, it's very expensive to add dependents for medical insurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice needed; management is doing a great job on my campus of promoting growth and offering support to employees.

Great Place To Work !

Adjunct Professor - Audio Courses (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsExcellent staff, a very family feeling environment. It is ons of the best colleges in the US.

ConsOlder building infrastructure. Does not have great food in cafeteria. It is hard to get a full time staff position. Sometimes you need to figure out your own curriculum with not a lot of resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp adjunct instructors get better organized with coaching.

My experience has been good.

Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsValencia is a good place to teach. they will teach you and you will have free online or face to face classes that will help you to refine your teaching skills.

ConsYou should never expect to get a full time there or to be consider for a position. They rarely open a position and when they do, they rather to hired outsiders (at least in my department).

Worked for Valencia College? Contribute to the Community!