Valero Energy

www.valero.com

Valero Energy Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Valero Energy – Three Rivers – “Three Rivers Refinery”

Valero Energy – Three Rivers – “Three Rivers Refinery”

Joe Gorder

Pros
  • Great compensation and friendly work environment (in 7 reviews)

• Great benefits, relaxed atmosphere, friendly people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Silently forced into volunteering and giving part of your paycheck to United Way (in 5 reviews)

• Horrible Management, Very poor work/life balance, blatant favoritism (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Very good company to work with.

Technical Specialist (Former Employee) Texas City, TX

ProsTraining programs were great. Flexible with schedules.

ConsWhat five words shall I write.

Great place with balance.

Auditor (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsAmazing benefits, and caring atmosphere.

ConsVery conservative environment with old values still attached.

"Great Company...Untill my supervisor ruined it for me"

Intern (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Company,Great pay,Great benefits.Great Culture

ConsI think HR need to take the time to talk all the interns one on one and see what they think about their internship.

Advice to Senior Managementyou should be more approachable, understanding helpful. i am not a robot with four hands.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CSR

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood company and decent wages

ConsUnreliable coworkers who don't show up or quit

Advice to Senior ManagementHire those willing to work

First rate company that treats its employees well

Supervisor Design Services (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsValero is the type of company that attracts long-time employees. The pay and benefits are very good, the culture is professional, but not stuffy and the leadership is commendable. As a supervisor I had rock solid employees working for me, making my job much easier. If you like to volunteer in the community this company has opportunities year-round. There is an on-site fitness facility and a cafeteria so you can eat healthy and exercise and never leave the facility.

ConsNot sure if there are enough career opportunities to reward employees who do good work and stay with the company a long time. Can be somewhat averse to new ideas and doing things differently, but this can also be a good quality at times.

Great Place to work at for a college student.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsI loved working here while I was a college student. The hours were very flexible. The manager was the best! the best part about working at Valero was that I was able to work alone and with a team and it always felt like you were your own boss.

ConsThe pay was waaayyyy to low. It was my first job, but after working here for a year, my pay only went up by .50/hr. I was a VERY hard worker. Also, my co-workers were there for 5+ years and were only getting paid a little above minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your workers more.

Good beginner job

SAP Specialist (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood associates. • Tasked with providing professional services, solutions, and advisory services to over 350 healthcare providers in the areas of Health Information Management, Healthcare Technology, Revenue Cycle, ICD-10, & Finance & Accounting.

ConsSometimes the compensation structure is not clear. And there problems as you move in the hierarchy.
    Took 2 Weeks into the job before all the payroll paperwork had been done. this made me and my team have to leave site just to get Kforce Paperwork done so we could get paid for the work we had already done. Very Poor planning on their part.

About par for the course.

Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) Port Arthur, TX

ProsGood pay. Good benefits.

ConsOverall, management has a problem separating their personal favorites from the better performers. Doing so fosters an environment where those on the front line will drag their feet or figure a way to resist, challenge or oppose any ideas from the top just simply out of spite. In times of great operating margins, this results in leaving money (profit) on the table. In times of tight operating margins, this can result in a negative cash flow as opposed to a positive one.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great for management to consider being more objective when choosing who to promote into key leadership positions.

Worst Job ever!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe Co-Workers and the regular customers

ConsEverything else from management, dumb cameras everywhere, mindset and mentality of the workplace, no breaks, no discount for purchases which is unbelievable, long hours (my weekends never existed), low morale, and this place is just horrible!
    Never Again!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWolves in sheeps clothing. I aint no sheep Im a guard dog! Never met people who are so senile! They appear friendly but will doublecross you when it suits them!

Conservative company with good work ethic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, relaxed atmosphere, friendly people

ConsNo opportunities for growth laid out

Worked for Valero Energy? Contribute to the Community!