Valet Waste Reviews

Shawn Handrahan

1. Sales

Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Valet Waste full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Valet Waste is a great place to work. We are growing everyday and my co-workers are very pleasant and fun to be around. Very low stress level do to the fact that we all help each other out. Our upper management is very in touch with all of us and are always there to help.

Cons

Hard to find any cons. Pay scales could be a little higher but that is true with any company now a days.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Thanks

2. Haven't Decided If It's Worth it

Current Employee - Valet Waste Trash Collector in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Valet Waste Trash Collector in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Valet Waste part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work mostly unsupervised and at your own pace within reason.

Cons

Unreliable co-wokers who consistently call out leaving you to pick up their routes.

3. Very fast paced and demanding

Current Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Valet Waste full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company Truck, Cell phone, office supplies like printer, scanner. Gas card, maintenance card and company credit card. 22% off your ATT bill

Cons

Very stressful as you work with part time employees who quick 10 min before work and you are expected to pick up the slack regardless of how late you are out (I've been out until 5am at times) then expected to wake up early to go and do your morning duties. This job is definitely not a 9-5 time, its an open to open job.

You are constantly being called, emailed and texted by your workers about 'excuses' as to why the cant work, your boss wanting you to drop everything to give an explanation as to why your workers worked and extra 30 min on our busiest day and clients as to why one door was missed and throwing a fit.

Advice to Management

Giving more support then the constant, hire hire hire speech. To have the sense of urgency to hire more managers so relieve stress the same way they put that urgency on us to hire more workers.

5. Was a fun job.

I worked at Valet Waste full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Valet Waste last year and I was on Glassdoor checking out some other companies when I looked up Valet Waste. When I was there the company treated me great. The teams worked well with each other and the atmosphere was great. I left for personal reasons but I really enjoyed working there. I see some Cons about the Tampa traffic and let me tell you it's nothing compared to the traffic I face now in downtown Miami. I miss my time at Valet Waste. Good company and good people.

Cons

Not a lot of cons. Raises came a little slow and there was some restructuring that cause some fast adjustments but that's about it.

Advice to Management

Just keep getting better.

6. Should have stayed

I worked at Valet Waste full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Valet Waste was one of the best gigs I ever had. I was with the company for about three years before I was presented another opportunity and higher pay. I picked up and moved to the west coast to work for a home construction firm and it was nothing like Valet Waste. I miss the support and team work that I experienced at Valet Waste had. I never once woke up and didn't want to go to work. The CEO and his management team did a great job of team building. I hope to find that atmosphere again.

Cons

Really not many cons to talk about. It's in the heart of downtown Tampa and traffic is a bit much but over all very little to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive team building

7. Wrong company looking for magic bullet

Current Employee - Field Operations
    Current Employee - Field Operations

I have been working at Valet Waste full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good folks to work with. The DMs care about the customers.

Cons

Lying upper management, don't care about the people that pick up the trash all they care about is making the Drive to 65 or what ever the flavor of the moment is today. Sales folks are leaving so are DMs. Customers to. DMs have to do all the other peoples jobs HR, payroll, IT. It all comes downhill to the DMs.

Advice to Management

Like the others have said - get out in the field and see whats going on. Don't hide in Tampa sending out emails and worthless company newsletters.

Sinking Ship

Former Employee - Regional Director
    Former Employee - Regional Director

I worked at Valet Waste full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are decent. Lots of opportunities for overtime and extra work if you're a service valet because so many people are quitting.

Cons

General incompetence throughout all levels of management. The company is focused on growing only- quality and customer service disappeared a long time ago. We'll tell apartment companies just about anything they want to hear in order to get a contract. Service valets are treated like dirt and quit often.

Advice to Management

Stop asking us to post positive reviews online. You've made your bed; lay in it.

9. Good company, used to be better.

Former Contractor - Helpdesk I in Tampa, FL
    Former Contractor - Helpdesk I in Tampa, FL

I worked at Valet Waste as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Loved working here, very friendly employees, great working environment. Company does frequent fun events for the staff, company picnics, team-building exercises, etc.

Cons

Management sometimes does not seem to care about employees, and is only worried about bottom line. Company merged while I was there and much focus was devoted to new employees while neglecting the current ones.

Advice to Management

Focus on all of your employees, don't neglect hard working people just to satisfy new ones.

10. This Place Is Horrible

Current Employee - Private Contractor (Picking Up Garbage) in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Private Contractor (Picking Up Garbage) in Miami, FL

I have been working at Valet Waste part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best reason, i wold have to say is the extra money, though its only chump change it helps me and my family a big deal.

Cons

Cons, working at night Sunday - Thursday night, long hours heavy garbage bags, disgusting customers that don't know the first thing about putting garbage in trash bags.
    I have been working with this company for 3-4 years, and were always treated like crap, they take money from us, no gas mileage, no bonus, no raise, only pay deductions. This place is a horrible place to work

Advice to Management

Pay the private contractors more, because valet wast would not be valet wast with out them picking up the garbage while you guys are in tampa, dressing up in halloween costumes doing nothing, except taking money away from us.

11. Don't Even Think About Working Here!

Former Employee - District Manager in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - District Manager in DFW, TX

I worked at Valet Waste full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every pro that ever existed concerning this company disappeared two years ago when corporate management was taken over by greed and incompetence.

Cons

Perhaps the biggest con about working here IS working here. Upper management has absolutely no idea of the operation that goes on below them (or they simply don't care). The name of the game here is Sales not Customer Service.

Advice to Management

Terminate all upper management personnel and TRY to hire back the hundreds of employees who have already abandoned this sinking ship. Return to the policies of three years ago when the company was sucessfull and the employees were happy. You should never have tried to fix something that was not broken just to justify your jobs and high salaries. Best advice is to sell the company now (everyone knows that you are trying) before you have no company to sell.