Valet Waste

2.2

Shawn Handrahan

Was a fun job.

I worked at Valet Waste full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked for Valet Waste last year and I was on Glassdoor checking out some other companies when I looked up Valet Waste. When I was there the company treated me great. The teams worked well with each other and the atmosphere was great. I left for personal reasons but I really enjoyed working there. I see some Cons about the Tampa traffic and let me tell you it's nothing compared to the traffic I face now in downtown Miami. I miss my time at Valet Waste. Good company and good people.

Cons

Not a lot of cons. Raises came a little slow and there was some restructuring that cause some fast adjustments but that's about it.

Just keep getting better.

Should have stayed

I worked at Valet Waste full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Valet Waste was one of the best gigs I ever had. I was with the company for about three years before I was presented another opportunity and higher pay. I picked up and moved to the west coast to work for a home construction firm and it was nothing like Valet Waste. I miss the support and team work that I experienced at Valet Waste had. I never once woke up and didn't want to go to work. The CEO and his management team did a great job of team building. I hope to find that atmosphere again.

Cons

Really not many cons to talk about. It's in the heart of downtown Tampa and traffic is a bit much but over all very little to complain about.

Keep up the positive team building

Wrong company looking for magic bullet

Current Employee - Field Operations
    Current Employee - Field Operations

I have been working at Valet Waste full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good folks to work with. The DMs care about the customers.

Cons

Lying upper management, don't care about the people that pick up the trash all they care about is making the Drive to 65 or what ever the flavor of the moment is today. Sales folks are leaving so are DMs. Customers to. DMs have to do all the other peoples jobs HR, payroll, IT. It all comes downhill to the DMs.

Like the others have said - get out in the field and see whats going on. Don't hide in Tampa sending out emails and worthless company newsletters.

Sinking Ship

Former Employee - Regional Director
    Former Employee - Regional Director

I worked at Valet Waste full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are decent. Lots of opportunities for overtime and extra work if you're a service valet because so many people are quitting.

Cons

General incompetence throughout all levels of management. The company is focused on growing only- quality and customer service disappeared a long time ago. We'll tell apartment companies just about anything they want to hear in order to get a contract. Service valets are treated like dirt and quit often.

Stop asking us to post positive reviews online. You've made your bed; lay in it.

This Place Is Horrible

Current Employee - Private Contractor (Picking Up Garbage) in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Private Contractor (Picking Up Garbage) in Miami, FL

I have been working at Valet Waste part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best reason, i wold have to say is the extra money, though its only chump change it helps me and my family a big deal.

Cons

Cons, working at night Sunday - Thursday night, long hours heavy garbage bags, disgusting customers that don't know the first thing about putting garbage in trash bags.
    I have been working with this company for 3-4 years, and were always treated like crap, they take money from us, no gas mileage, no bonus, no raise, only pay deductions. This place is a horrible place to work

Pay the private contractors more, because valet wast would not be valet wast with out them picking up the garbage while you guys are in tampa, dressing up in halloween costumes doing nothing, except taking money away from us.

Good company, used to be better.

Former Employee - Helpdesk I in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Helpdesk I in Tampa, FL

I worked at Valet Waste as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Loved working here, very friendly employees, great working environment. Company does frequent fun events for the staff, company picnics, team-building exercises, etc.

Cons

Management sometimes does not seem to care about employees, and is only worried about bottom line. Company merged while I was there and much focus was devoted to new employees while neglecting the current ones.

Focus on all of your employees, don't neglect hard working people just to satisfy new ones.

Don't Even Think About Working Here!

Former Employee - District Manager in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - District Manager in DFW, TX

I worked at Valet Waste full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Every pro that ever existed concerning this company disappeared two years ago when corporate management was taken over by greed and incompetence.

Cons

Perhaps the biggest con about working here IS working here. Upper management has absolutely no idea of the operation that goes on below them (or they simply don't care). The name of the game here is Sales not Customer Service.

Terminate all upper management personnel and TRY to hire back the hundreds of employees who have already abandoned this sinking ship. Return to the policies of three years ago when the company was sucessfull and the employees were happy. You should never have tried to fix something that was not broken just to justify your jobs and high salaries. Best advice is to sell the company now (everyone knows that you are trying) before you have no company to sell.

Terrible and Shady Company

I worked at Valet Waste

Pros

Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

Cons

Mean spirited people, greedy CEOs, unethical business practices, poor working conditions, oh, and they POST FAKE GOOD REVIEWS ABOUT THEMSELVES HERE AND ON OTHER REVIEW SITES! If you read something positive about this company, their marketing depaartment probably wrote it! The real feedback from property managers and community members is that they hate this service, they don't turn a profit from it at all, and it leads to more problems, but they are trapped with a contract. HR is a joke, so is their Logistics department.

District Managers constantly pick up trash

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Valet Waste full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You have some ability to create your own schedule.

Cons

We do not pay the people picking up trash fairly, so they quit often. You are left picking up trash a couple days a week, sometimes more. The "operations" team is required to sell Maintenance contracts (which no property management company wants to buy...The pay is well below par. Most district managers take this job, with the promise of not working over 40 hours...which is why they are willing to take the pay cut....its all a bunch of lies...you work yourself to death, pick up trash, all for very little pay

No one is getting paid fairly from the SV's to the DM's, which is why you will continue to have massive amounts of turnover.

Love my new job!

I have been working at Valet Waste full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been working for Valet Waste for a little over 3 months now and I couldn't be happier! My fellow employees welcomed me with open arms, and have been very helpful and supportive while I learn the system. It has been great to wake up and feel good about going to work.

Cons

My only con is that i'm from a small town and I'm getting use to Tampa. I'm not use to this much traffic.

Thank you for the opportunity.