Valet Waste Reviews

1. Service Valet

Current Employee - Service Valet in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Service Valet in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Valet Waste part-time

Pros

Great exercise, flexible hours, night

Cons

Poor management, tough work

Advice to Management

More hands on time with crew managers

2. Who's running the ship?

Current Employee - Field Operations in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Field Operations in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Valet Waste full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with some very professional, dedicated people who are doing a great job despite difficult circumstances.

Cons

Uncaring, unresponsive, disconnected leadership that seems more interested in expanding the executive team fraternity than actually running the company.
     Majority of the executive leadership (most of which do not live in the Tampa Bay area) are being seen less and less in the office and they are virtually non-existent in any form (conf calls, visits, emails, etc) out in the field. One has to wonder if they are so satisfied with the job they are doing that they have just decided to hit the auto-pilot button and spend their time on extracurricular activities and endeavors. The company seems to be just drifting along and no one wants to take command, grab the wheel and steer the ship.
     The current management style (I dare not use the word "leadership") seems to be to find people who who will fall in line and will question or challenge nothing and will adhere strictly to a plethora of rules, regulations, and metrics that can be instituted at various levels.

Advice to Management

What can I say that hasn't been said in many posts before? SHOW your people you are behind them yet leading them at the same time. On the very rare occasions we do hear from the leadership team, do not repeat the same tired phrase of how much we are appreciated.

3. Used to be a great company

Current Employee - Private Contractor (Picking Up Garbage) in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Private Contractor (Picking Up Garbage) in Miami, FL

I have been working at Valet Waste full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

No pros, a few years ago it was well worth it. Now, they cut back on the money and the people in charge are all terrible people. Avoid valet waste at all costs.

Cons

They cut back, drastically on the money one used to make working for this company. Now you work your butt off for peanuts and peanut butter. And the management hires their friends and family to do the job. There is no fairness here. I've been working for this company longer than the managers in charge of the properties have been in charge and it's just crazy how their operating this business now. Suck a complete waste of time and energy this place is.

Advice to Management

Hire and fire appropriately take time on your jiggering processing don't let people who want to look out only for them selves work for you.

5. VERBAL ABUSE!

I worked at Valet Waste full-time

Pros

Nice people working there. Everyone is hardworking and focused.

Cons

CFO is out of control! Five people have left in the past two months specifically because of him.

Advice to Management

Ditch the CFO

6. Sales

Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Valet Waste full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Valet Waste is a great place to work. We are growing everyday and my co-workers are very pleasant and fun to be around. Very low stress level do to the fact that we all help each other out. Our upper management is very in touch with all of us and are always there to help.

Cons

Hard to find any cons. Pay scales could be a little higher but that is true with any company now a days.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Thanks

7. Awful Company

I worked at Valet Waste

Pros

Work by yourself, don't see management for weeks at a time.

Cons

They lie about the pay. Went through 6 Managers in a year. They may give you a contract on how much they will pay you, but they will breach it without a care in the world. They don't care about the valet's who pick up the trash. They use and abuse them without benefits.

Advice to Management

Revise the company completely. The way you run this company, it can not be sustained for long.

8. Haven't Decided If It's Worth it

Current Employee - Valet Waste Trash Collector in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Valet Waste Trash Collector in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Valet Waste part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work mostly unsupervised and at your own pace within reason.

Cons

Unreliable co-wokers who consistently call out leaving you to pick up their routes.

9. Very fast paced and demanding

Current Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Valet Waste full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company Truck, Cell phone, office supplies like printer, scanner. Gas card, maintenance card and company credit card. 22% off your ATT bill

Cons

Very stressful as you work with part time employees who quick 10 min before work and you are expected to pick up the slack regardless of how late you are out (I've been out until 5am at times) then expected to wake up early to go and do your morning duties. This job is definitely not a 9-5 time, its an open to open job.

You are constantly being called, emailed and texted by your workers about 'excuses' as to why the cant work, your boss wanting you to drop everything to give an explanation as to why your workers worked and extra 30 min on our busiest day and clients as to why one door was missed and throwing a fit.

Advice to Management

Giving more support then the constant, hire hire hire speech. To have the sense of urgency to hire more managers so relieve stress the same way they put that urgency on us to hire more workers.

10. Was a fun job.

I worked at Valet Waste full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Valet Waste last year and I was on Glassdoor checking out some other companies when I looked up Valet Waste. When I was there the company treated me great. The teams worked well with each other and the atmosphere was great. I left for personal reasons but I really enjoyed working there. I see some Cons about the Tampa traffic and let me tell you it's nothing compared to the traffic I face now in downtown Miami. I miss my time at Valet Waste. Good company and good people.

Cons

Not a lot of cons. Raises came a little slow and there was some restructuring that cause some fast adjustments but that's about it.

Advice to Management

Just keep getting better.

11. Should have stayed

I worked at Valet Waste full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Valet Waste was one of the best gigs I ever had. I was with the company for about three years before I was presented another opportunity and higher pay. I picked up and moved to the west coast to work for a home construction firm and it was nothing like Valet Waste. I miss the support and team work that I experienced at Valet Waste had. I never once woke up and didn't want to go to work. The CEO and his management team did a great job of team building. I hope to find that atmosphere again.

Cons

Really not many cons to talk about. It's in the heart of downtown Tampa and traffic is a bit much but over all very little to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive team building

RSS Feed </> Embed