Valley Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Valley Health President & CEO Mark H. Merrill

Mark H. Merrill

its been a very rewarding place to work except for inadequate pay.

Per-diem RN (Current Employee) Winchester, VA

Prosgreat co-workers, my specific manager is great! good benefits for full-time employees.

ConsNo benefits for per-diem employees. no raises for per-diem employees. raises for any employee have been made very hard to achieve.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore pay incentives need to be instituted.

Management more important than rest of staff

Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) Winchester, VA

ProsCoworkers were amazing hard workers

ConsMicromanaged to death. Unable to do our jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementLet employees do their job without constant interference.

Too many chiefs not enough Indians

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Woodstock, VA

ProsMade lots of friends . A lot of team work.

ConsUpper management doesn't care about the employee! Vacation is dictated to you. Micro-management at its best. No support or caring for employees. Sweat shop material. The more you do, the more that is expected of you. No appreciation!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue! INOVA is buying valley health and you will be out of a job!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Started with hopes and dreams, but couldn't make a difference.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Winchester, VA

ProsWorking for a hospital helps the community

ConsPolitical back stabbing and no room for growth or promotion. As the largest employer in the area your either in or out on the street. Don't complain about your workload or middle management will find a way to replace you from the lines of people waiting to take your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on growing your business, not shrinking your losses. Spend some time at the gym, you could stand to loose a few tons.

PRN at Valley Health UCC

ProsGain lots of onsite experience in other aspects of care

ConsNot a lot of radiologic exams at the urgent care

Disappointed

PC Specialist (Current Employee) Winchester, VA

ProsGreat team to work with. Constant teamwork and comradeship.

ConsHorrible middle-upper management. Zero management skills from middle management. Management too involved in personal affairs/matters. Management gets too upset when ideas didn't come from them, or the employee got all the praise without any mention to management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay out your employees personal lives, promote their growth, especially if they started with someone on their own.

Unreasonable Expectations

Home Health (Current Employee) Winchester, VA

ProsI have found no pros to this place. Only endless cons.

ConsToo many managers and not enough employees to do the work needed. Upper management doesn't care about employees at all. Review system for raises is rigged so you get nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't expect people to perform any job function if they are not satisfied with their work environment and that takes caring about them, listening to them and actually implementing change needed. You can't write people up for overtime when you give them too much work to complete within an 8 hour day, nor write them up for not completing it so they won't get overtime.

Poor organizational leadership

Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) Winchester, VA

ProsGet paid every 2 weeks.

ConsValley Heath has not given raises in a while, some employees even got a pay cut this year. No flexibility in schedule/work life. Management is not involved and spend money on items that add no value to the organization. Community has many poor things to say about the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of your office and see whats going on. Spend money on your employees, invest in their future.

Overall great employer

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Winchester, VA

ProsLarge local employer
    Opportunities to advance within the company

ConsLarge employer - sometimes overlooked and only considered a number.
    Annual salary increase is not truly based upon merit but rather what is budgeted.
    This employer is behind the times and needs to institute more work-life flexibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers & Supervisors should be required to take management classes /training throughout the year. Many of them have become leaders of their department(s) because they have been in the field for years; however, years of experience in the field does not translate over into a great manager of people. Executive Management fails to try and correct an issue that they are fully aware of in order to keep the peace. Unacceptable.

Too many chiefs not enough indians

Clerical (Current Employee) Front Royal, VA

ProsIt is a paycheck...regret the day I walked in the door

ConsThey claim that the numbr one priority is the patients, that is a joke..the only thing they care about is how much money is coming in so upper crust can get their yearly bonus....If you do not hold a title of Manager,Director,Ceo , VP, President...you are nothing

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit claiming to be a non profit...do you think the community and your normal employees are stupid?

Worked for Valley Health? Contribute to the Community!