Valley Healthcare Systems

Great Company

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Valley Healthcare Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great co-workers. Challenging job. Flexible work schedule offered for good performance. Good pay. Management is open and helpful. They really want their employees to succeed.

Cons

Company sometimes struggles to maintain consistency. However, that's more the result of the industry as opposed to management. Unless company grows, there is limited potential for advancement.

BAIT AND SWITCH IS RIGHT! Very unethical and inconsiderate practices used by management. How can they sleep at night?!?

Former Employee - Traveler RN  in  Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Traveler RN in Fairfield, CA

I worked at Valley Healthcare Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

They were efficient about requesting all your HR employee paperwork to get you in their system and find you a job.

Cons

Unethical practices being used by this company to get traveling nurses in a position to make them feel like they have to accept less than the original contract signed.

Professional management and communication skills are definitely in need of major improvement.

Unprofessional management, terrible pay and inconsistent business practices.do not work for them or with them!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unfortunately I don't see any pros working for them.

Cons

Small company that acts like they're a fortune 500 company. They micromanage their employees and put unprofessional and unqualified employees in management roles. They treat their nurses and employees with no respect...If you are considering becoming an employee or working for them as a nurse...I would run away.

Inconsistent management and business practices. Poorly run company... the people in management capacity are unprofessional and incompetent.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

RUN....RUN RUN AWAY NOW !!!!!! "BAIT AND SWITCH WITH PAY"

Former Employee - Travel RN  in  Fort Bragg, CA
    Former Employee - Travel RN in Fort Bragg, CA

I worked at Valley Healthcare Systems as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I only worked one contract with this company. I really enjoyed having 3 different supervisors/ recruiters within 3 months !! :(

Cons

Get everything in writing, make sure you cross all t's and dot all i's, I did not get my extra 30 per hour for holiday pay as promise per first recruiter prior to them leaving the company/ I worked 2 out of 3 winter holidays. Had to argue for my no break pay/ Cali has a mandatory break penalty for no adequate break times, Do not take tax advantage/ it is only advantage for the companies/ I had to pay my own housing est. at least 500/week that was the cheapest and closest to facility in an dreaded isolated ( Fort Bragg) town/ high ETOH/METH area. I asked for PPO insurance but instead was given HMO in Cali...a crime in itself. You need adequate and better coverage to received the best care to pick your own physician/specialist and/or consultations if needed.

The hospital pays all the different agencies the same amount. Stop the nickel and dime act with the traveler.

Miserable experience in a poorly managed, unprofessional environment.

I worked at Valley Healthcare Systems

Pros

The organization serves vulnerable, underserved populations and is meant to be a comprehensive primary care and behavioral health center.

Cons

Very poorly managed with questionable employment practices. Favoritism and nepotism are the norm. Most employees are not held accountable while others are micromanaged and not picked. Highly degreed Professionals are treated like flunkies while "favored" employees are granted titles and responsibilities that they may not be qualified for. Lack of proper supervision or guidance and failure to respond to legitimate employee grievances and customer complaints leads to hostile work place. Poor fiscal managment. Extremely poor management decisions.

Worked for Valley Healthcare Systems? Contribute to the Community!