Valley Healthcare Systems Reviews

1. It has been good.

Current Employee - RN ICU in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - RN ICU in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Systems

Pros

Honest, decent recruiters. Able to find me consistent work and offer extensions.

Cons

Didn't see very many bonuses and contracted with them 2+ years.

Advice to Management

Give bonuses. Pay could be better.

Terrible agency to work with doesn't care about their nurses no compassion, impossible to get concerns addressed.

Current Employee - Nurse in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Nurse in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Systems

Pros

The hiring process was fast.

Cons

CEO is a bully who talk down to employees. Don't care about their nurses only care about their contracts. Will not take care of your concerns. Good luck ever getting a response in a timely manner and if you push the issue expect backlash. Working here almost a year said we could get raises by taking certifications well those classes never became available. Told over and over it would be soon and it's been a year no raises no classes.

Advice to Management

Treat nurses with respect we are what earns you your pay. Get a new CEO or control the one you have. Give nurses a confidential place or person to discuss issues with recruiter. Be honest. Hold employees accountable instead of scaring nurses into keeping their concerns to themselves or blaming it on the nurse.

Unprofessional Liars....If your a travel nurse, save yourself the stress and go to another company!

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Valley Healthcare Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None...dishonest people trending from the CEO to down to the travel nurse recruiters.

Cons

They like to use Bait and Switch tactics for pay. I signed a contract and relocated to the city where I was going to fulfill this contract, only to find out that they had never sent my information to the hospital I had signed the contract for. Then their CEO calls to harass me (literally) trying to bully me into going to a city 2 hours away, saying the hospital had no need for me when they never knew of me to begin with. Found out later they had done that to multiple travel nurses. The experience is unforgettable. Bait and switch is right. Please, save yourself the grief and go with someone else.

Advice to Management

Their CEO needs to be replaced. He is a bully with unethical practices in his company.

Do NOT Work For Valley Healthcare Systems!!!!!!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Valley Healthcare Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is no good reason to work for or with them. Run away!!!!!!

Cons

Terrible training, done by the CEO, sometimes an account manger who was once a terrible recruiter. Bait and switch when it comes to your pay because you're having to "guess" how many nurses you will have on contract a year in advance! Does this sound right to you? If you don't have that # of nurses working that month then you don't make commission. HELLO!!! This is basically stealing and pretty much illegal! Favortism is beyond obvious. The CEO is absent for weeks at a time. I think there's two CEO's but the other one is never there. Lots of promises unkept. The mamagent thinks the company is a big deal, it's not. The company is below average when compared to other travel companies. The CEO yells at his RN's on contract as well as his employees. I've personally heard it and it's pretty embarrassing. He degrades his workers and doesn't see a problem with it. There's a margarita machine--whoopdy do!! They reward you with alcohol.

Advice to Management

Run Forest Run!

6. Started out great,

I worked at Valley Healthcare Systems

Pros

In the beginning, it seems like a great place to work

Cons

Once you get pass the CEO's fake enthusiasm, you start seeing how is tends to bully his employees. If you don't work into his ideals (professional and personal), he will take you to bully. He will try to intimidate you, yell at you, and create an uncomfortable work environment until you quit or he fires you. Giving productive criticism when he asks for one is not wise because he will use your opinions against you later.

Advice to Management

Learn to take constructive criticism, if someone disagrees with you , it is not an attack on your character.

Unprofessional management, terrible pay and inconsistent business practices.do not work for them or with them!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unfortunately I don't see any pros working for them.

Cons

Small company that acts like they're a fortune 500 company. They micromanage their employees and put unprofessional and unqualified employees in management roles. They treat their nurses and employees with no respect...If you are considering becoming an employee or working for them as a nurse...I would run away.

Advice to Management

Inconsistent management and business practices. Poorly run company... the people in management capacity are unprofessional and incompetent.

8. RUN....RUN RUN AWAY NOW !!!!!! "BAIT AND SWITCH WITH PAY"

Former Contractor - Travel RN in Fort Bragg, CA
    Former Contractor - Travel RN in Fort Bragg, CA

I worked at Valley Healthcare Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I only worked one contract with this company. I really enjoyed having 3 different supervisors/ recruiters within 3 months !! :(

Cons

Get everything in writing, make sure you cross all t's and dot all i's, I did not get my extra 30 per hour for holiday pay as promise per first recruiter prior to them leaving the company/ I worked 2 out of 3 winter holidays. Had to argue for my no break pay/ Cali has a mandatory break penalty for no adequate break times, Do not take tax advantage/ it is only advantage for the companies/ I had to pay my own housing est. at least 500/week that was the cheapest and closest to facility in an dreaded isolated ( Fort Bragg) town/ high ETOH/METH area. I asked for PPO insurance but instead was given HMO in Cali...a crime in itself. You need adequate and better coverage to received the best care to pick your own physician/specialist and/or consultations if needed.

Advice to Management

The hospital pays all the different agencies the same amount. Stop the nickel and dime act with the traveler.

9. Great Company

Former Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Valley Healthcare Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers. Challenging job. Flexible work schedule offered for good performance. Good pay. Management is open and helpful. They really want their employees to succeed.

Cons

Company sometimes struggles to maintain consistency. However, that's more the result of the industry as opposed to management. Unless company grows, there is limited potential for advancement.

Miserable experience in a poorly managed, unprofessional environment.

I worked at Valley Healthcare Systems

Pros

The organization serves vulnerable, underserved populations and is meant to be a comprehensive primary care and behavioral health center.

Cons

Very poorly managed with questionable employment practices. Favoritism and nepotism are the norm. Most employees are not held accountable while others are micromanaged and not picked. Highly degreed Professionals are treated like flunkies while "favored" employees are granted titles and responsibilities that they may not be qualified for. Lack of proper supervision or guidance and failure to respond to legitimate employee grievances and customer complaints leads to hostile work place. Poor fiscal managment. Extremely poor management decisions.

RSS Feed </> Embed