Valley Oak Financial

Valley Oak Financial Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Matthew L. Rzepka

It is a caring environment, both to employees and clients

Kalamazoo, MI

ProsValley Oak Financial is respectful to their employees and their clients. It is an environment that is ethical and hardworking.

ConsThere has been a tremendous amount of growth and the company is scrambling whole heartly to catch up & quite successfully.

My experience at Valley Oak Financial has been very positive.

Kalamazoo, MI

ProsI like working at Valley Oak Financial because I think they care about their clients. I also enjoy the flexible work schedule after tax season.

ConsWhen you work for a CPA you have to work long hours during tax season. This is required in order to get everything done within a relatively short time frame.

Not worthy of my resume

Staff Accountant (Former Employee)
    Kalamazoo, MI

ProsThe management team is younger and open to change. The firm is always striving to better their processes.

ConsVery poor benefits. Be prepared to pay for health insurance. The firm is small so not a lot is offered as far as benefits. Management has very high expectations for the salary paid to employees. Not much room for advancement unless you're on partner track. Feedback is difficult to obtain and employees are not rewarded. Also, because of the small size of the firm, the professionalism can be lacking. Human resource matters are handled poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of the choices you make and how those actions are perceived by the community. Hopefully your managerial skills will grow with experience.

Worked for Valley Oak Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Valley Oak Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Valley Oak Financial CEO Matthew L. Rzepka. All reviews posted anonymously by Valley Oak Financial employees.