Valley Yellow Pages

Add Photos

Valley Yellow Pages President Sieg Fischer

Sieg Fischer

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent company to work for!

Account Executive (Former Employee) Vallejo, CA

ProsGreat hours! Monday through friday weekends off. you can actually make more then 100k a year! and I really mean it not like other sales job. Examples: Car sales, Solar.

ConsConstant reject from clients but that comes with any sales job.
    No cons really.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy manager was awesome! Joe was my best manager I have ever had and was overall a great experience.

Fraudulent Company, High Turnover - a sinking ship full of denial

Outside B2B Sales (Former Employee) Fairfield, CA

ProsBe your own boss - sort of.

ConsLow pay, ineffective training and management, no moral fiber, employees are expendable, high turnover. The company refuses to update with technology. The book visibly shrinks every year, but they will tell you that it continues growing 10 - 20 % annually. No designated sales territories; they flood an area with 20-30 salespeople all fighting against each other for the same sales. They encourage poaching and offer little support. Do not contact HR. They will get rid of you if you show any signs of enforcing your legal rights.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your managers, be honest with employees. Welcome and implement technology. Make use of territories instead of the current feeding frenzy.

selling the plague is hard

Account Executive (Current Employee) Walnut Creek, CA

Prosgreat training for outside sales

Consno leads just the people you may know that own their own business

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive

Account Executive (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsWork from home, good benefits, provided with laptop, cell phone, 4G hotspot.

ConsThere is disconnect between sales reps and corporate (office is located in Fresno, CA). It's hard to voice yourself and your concerns because of this.

Not a Good Experience

Account Executive (Former Employee) Walnut Creek, CA

ProsI cannot think of anything positive to say about this company except that the sales training was very well put together.

ConsAfter a two week training, the company then sends you to your office were you are given a sales goal but no additional training on how to deal with the clients. You are given brand new clients that have never had advertisements before and set up to fail.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo make the Account Executives feel like they could get their first sale give them both new and renewal accounts to work.

A windtunnel

Account Executive (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsBonuses, Time off when you need it (depending on your manager), Freedom during a time frame to work on your own, a good start in sales, a fun environment, good accociates

ConsCompany has a bad reputation in the past with ripping customers off from dishonest sales reps, too anal about clocking in, too much on our place including (making our own cold calls, prepping for presentations, presentations for clients, closing deals, following up, premising, damage control, complete paperwork) for the little amount we get paid; too time consuming; not enough time to prep, management kicks sales reps out of the office when not ready; not enough support from management, not enough help for management; under paid, management is overpaid for sitting in the office all day, out dated marketing material, company doesn't invest into "effective" marketing material

Advice to Senior ManagementPraising your hard working employees for what they do well, not beating them up; higher salary and commissions; hiring a inside sales staff, update marketing material, have customers paper made easier and less time consuming for the sales rep, let sales reps stay in the office for as long as their ready to leave.

Last Resort

Account Executive (Former Employee) Walnut Creek, CA

ProsThe Valley Yellow Pages provides paid training, and they reward successful employees with trips and bonuses. There is not much else.

ConsI was told that it was "doable" to make $90,000 a year during the interview process. My first day the managers announced the office was only hitting 5% of their sales target. Mind you, this was near the end of the campaign. It was really cut-throat in the office. I was warned several times to not leave my notes on my desk or leave my computer without shutting down. Other AE's were known to steal leads. My manager was supportive, but the company's philosophy was obvious. There was constant training and the managers were often at job fairs. There was a new face every week, and someone quit or was fired at least once a week. When I was there we all had to text management after every interaction with the customer. If we did not text by a certain time, with a certain frequency during the day, or a certain amount our managers would discuss these with us. We were also required to mock up several ads during the week. Finally the leads provided were not really leads at all. None of them are warm, so cold calling is the norm. The company expects you to premise accounts, so the majority of your day is spent driving to businesses, walking in, making your pitch, and hopefully getting a positive response.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company should invest in building their sales force. There is constant hiring, training, and turnover of account executives. It is a brutal job for most, and it's obvious that Valley Yellow Pages loads up on AE's knowing full well most won't last a couple of weeks.

THIS PLACE NEEDS HELP

Account Executive (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

Proslarge commission checks (before taxes!!!) for the San Francisco campaign. approximately 250 to 500% of monthly billing of the sale. 250% on base + commission and 500% on 100% commission.

ConsWe are in a credit crunch. A lot of advertisers will sign up for programs they cannot afford. If they do pass credit, they have an insane amount of time to decide to cancel - essentially until the phonebool comes out. If they sign up in Jan and the book isn;t due out til Nov - they can still can still cancel in Oct. Guess what - you have to pay that money back. Also, advertisers are flaakes. They make appts they cannot keep because they forgot or they have a job to go to - plumbers,, contractors etc. So you drive around a lot and get stood up a lot . A waste of time, money and resources if you ask me. Besides, it is print advertising!

Advice to Senior ManagementLess ,meetings that say the same thing day in and day out

Worked for Valley Yellow Pages? Contribute to the Community!