Value Place Franchise Services

Property manager

Current Employee - Property Manager in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Value Place Franchise Services

Pros

Good company to work for, as long as you have the right staff. Staff is the key to everything. There is a lot to do for a small staff, so you have to stay on top of everything at all times as a property manager. Always know what each staff member is working on and check the work after it is completed, always trust by verify. One bad staff member will bring down the morale in the work place. Also having a good Area Manager is the key and we have a good one.

Cons

Challenge are not enough payroll hours to get everything needed done. All property's need someone working in the office at all times so the property manager can check on all the other staff members and not keep getting pulled away.

Think about the property managers and staff, they have so much to do each day, every time you add more paperwork and another check off sheet to the other paperwork we do now is time being taken away from hands on work with the staff to make the property a very clean place for all guest to stay.

A growing company, with a very bright future.

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Value Place Franchise Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Rapidly growing company
    Competitive pay, great benefits
    Supportive upper management
    Brand recognition by consumer
    National chain
    Unique niche in the market

Cons

Staffing model can be a bit challenging at times, but this is a growing company and with any growth, there are things that will be a bit challenging until worked through.

Guest attendant

Former Employee - Guest Attendant in Brownsville, TX
    Former Employee - Guest Attendant in Brownsville, TX

I worked at Value Place Franchise Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

my property manager and i were a great time. and if your have a property manager that cares then thats all you need.

Cons

some are that safety attendants quit and guest attendants have to do there job not cool

Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Guest Attendant
    Former Employee - Guest Attendant

I worked at Value Place Franchise Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I learned about about human nature working at Value Place. As the Guest Attendant, I was the go-to girl when the manager was out, which happened to be most of the time. Responsibility was thrust upon me, and what better way to learn than to be thrown right in? I had great experiences with every district manager I met.

Cons

Poor management. I don't say that as a disgruntled employee either. In my year of work, three managers came and went-one of which was fired for sexual harassment, and stealing from the company. There was little to no accountability for them, which shouldn't be necessary, unless the managers hired are not of great quality.
    Compensation is minimum, and benefits are rare.
    The Safety Attendant position is definitely the worst, with very little off-time, and unsafe conditions. I would highly recommend reconsidering before accepting that position.

Use more discernment when hiring property managers.

I enjoy every day!

Current Employee - Property Manager in Plainfield, IN
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Plainfield, IN

I have been working at Value Place Franchise Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Every day is a new experience, a new person to meet or a new day making a Current Guest happy they chose Value Place. I love the continued change and growth that Value Place is undergoing - this is needed and valuable to Value Place as a whole. They are taking it to the next level! Pay is good and I have a great Area Manager who works with me to improve me as a General Manager every day. Our Focus is the Customer and it is something I whole heartedly agree with and work every day to insure that I deliver great customer service.

Cons

Value Place has very high standards and sometimes it is hard to find employees who buy in to it, so there can be some turn-over.

Safety Attendants: No Value for Life or Existence At Value Place

Former Employee - Safety Attendant
    Former Employee - Safety Attendant

I worked at Value Place Franchise Services part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free Room for some positions. Nice way to save money for the moment. Meeting wonderful people from all over who compliment often and are the only ones that say "Thank You" for doing a great job.

Cons

Training is "as you go" simply put. You are warned about not being able to leave the property and "on call" (they say its 30 hours a week, but this is impossible as they remain understaffed) quite honestly. Lack of staff always keeps safety attendants who reside at Value Place in an unsafe and unhealthy quality of life. You may be required for example, to clean all floors and public areas at 6 am until about 9 or 10 am. Next, you may be required (again if there is not enough staff , which is always) to clock back in from approximately noon or a little later to do some maintenance or housekeeping , sometimes all day long. Still, NO SLEEP OR NAP YET!! Most days I was expected to be back in the evenings all the way until closing. Then I was asked to do safety and be on call ALL NIGHT UNTIL IT was 6AM and time to repeat public spaces once again. Not to mention, my favorable "free accommodations" were located on the same wall that had a malfunctioning ALARM that went off constantly for reasons unknown for a full month or more (this was never fixed to help the property "budget" most likely) . Sleep? Forget it. You will struggle to be a reliable safety attendant because you will be so exhausted that it is difficult to remain alert and awake to properly do all of the great things that Value Place expects. I am warning those that go into this with great intentions and expectations. This could be a desirable position if were as the job details describe. Is this Safety? Please think about your health and the safety of others before accepting this position. I would not want ANYONE to experience this.

There are two levels of management here only. It is vital to this company to make certain that management is watched carefully and often. The truth is often hidden as to why things are happening here with no solutions. As this could be a good job, it is best to hire managers that are required to keep meticulous schedules and organization skills (without texting on their phone all day) , ESPECIALLY when you STAY understaffed. YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR EMPLOYEES GET PLENTY OF SLEEP. Also, SHOW PROFESSIONALISM IN FRONT OF YOUR GUESTS AND STAFF AND BE RESPECTFUL OR JUST DON'T SPEAK. Stop being childish and loud in your own place of business as there are paying guests who work night shifts to pay your company and your paycheck. Find a way to fix what is not working so that you can enjoy the efficiency of having a full staff. Surely there are executives at this company which are required to have a degree or some education. If not, do you care if your company fails? Wake up Value Place before you end up losing a lot of money and continuously getting horrible reviews by guests and employees alike!

it's a joke! and it's on you

Pros

Pay for my position isn't bad. Not great but not terrible.

Cons

Area Managers! They get bonus's to not spend money. So...they don't keep the place up. I've had three managers and they have decreased in management abilities. The current one just wants to show she's a go getter and steps on everyone. All of the SA's(studio attendants) are calling her the wicked witch of the west. You can do a good job without talking down or berating people. Area Manager is the same way. Do your job. And you still get handed crap. If you have no expectations of being anything but a peon then this is for you.

Say what you do and do what you say. If you continue to be cut rate with construction you will continue to have the same problems.

Must be prepared to work, expectations are high!

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Mobile, AL

Pros

You will meet people from all over the world. You will learn about different cultures and a lot about business. I meet and engage with folks from all over this world. They come to Mobile, Alabama to work and seek a safe and clean place to live. I am proud of the property in which I work. Yes, the Property Manager makes me work to get stuff done and constantly expects more out of me, but I embrace the challenge and enjoy staying busy. Not always, but for the most part, I get what I need, when I need it, to do a good job, and I feel good about the end result of my work. The Hospitality industry is not for everyone but for everyone who works in it, there is a world of opportunity.

Cons

Wages are low and there are few benefits for the working guy. If you are fortunate as I, and have a Property Manager that wants to maintain the value of the property and protect it's assets, then it will be good. If you end up with a PM that is revenue driven and won't spend for upkeep and maintenance, then expect to work at a park and save in short time because you won't get what you need to succeed.

Unfortunately, but proudly I believe our upper management team consists of leadership from a past generation that required a fair days work for a fair days wage. I encourage management not to change and I encourage young people today to earn their wages and take pride in their work.

Do something about the turn over rate of employees. What have you done today to encourage, support, retain and reward those who support you and work to fulfill the Value Place promise? An accurate and fair judgment of a company's core values can be made when you look at how it treats its lowest, most insignificant employee. Our housekeepers are our cornerstone and foundation.

Loved it, Great Company!

Current Employee - Property Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Value Place Franchise Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great values as a company, great peer support, good training program.

Cons

Attempted to interfere with my school schedule.

Guest Attendant (basically management without the pay).

I worked at Value Place Franchise Services

Pros

Sundays off (except for safety staff); interesting experiences; gaining familiarity for dealing with police; clean and safe for guests-easy to sell.

Cons

Poor management; company operates largely on lies; very low pay; overworked employees; unsafe environment to work; bad operating software; difficulty in moving up; understaffing; heavy work loads; no employee appreciation is shown.

Senior VP is great, DMs are good, further up is less so, and PMs (in my experience) have been nothing short of awful. For just one example, in my time I had several guests tell me they would avoid the office/hang up the phone if the manager was there instead of me. PM can be one way in front of the higher ups, but another when no one's watching. I understand what a difficult job mid-level management is (especially with such sparse pay, it's really no wonder higher quality people don't apply) but steps should be taken to ensure guests don't think so lowly of management/employees wish to stay. Oh, also, having the PM keep his/her cell phone on when off the property would be helpful to employees when emergencies happen.

Value Place Franchise Services Photos