Value Place Franchise Services

Updated Mar 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dan Weber

Guest Attendant (basically management without the pay).

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Value Place Franchise Services

ProsSundays off (except for safety staff); interesting experiences; gaining familiarity for dealing with police; clean and safe for guests-easy to sell.

ConsPoor management; company operates largely on lies; very low pay; overworked employees; unsafe environment to work; bad operating software; difficulty in moving up; understaffing; heavy work loads; no employee appreciation is shown.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior VP is great, DMs are good, further up is less so, and PMs (in my experience) have been nothing short of awful. For just one example, in my time I had several guests tell me they would avoid the office/hang up the phone if the manager was there instead of me. PM can be one way in front of the higher ups, but another when no one's watching. I understand what a difficult job mid-level management is (especially with such sparse pay, it's really no wonder higher quality people don't apply) but steps should be taken to ensure guests don't think so lowly of management/employees wish to stay. Oh, also, having the PM keep his/her cell phone on when off the property would be helpful to employees when emergencies happen.

Dishonor, disrespect and steal from employees

Manager (Current Employee)
Mobile, AL

I have been working at Value Place Franchise Services full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you play them right it can be an ok job but remember to treat them the same way they treat you and rob them every chance you can to level the playing field. You will be required to work overtime without pay (one way they steal from you), required to be on call and won't be paid when called in (another way they steal from you). You will be forced to use your personal car, phone and other personal assets without compensation (another way they steal from you). And all of this under the constant threat of termination.

ConsEveryday you go to work you must be prepared to look for a new job. If you are stupid enough to live on site be prepared to get fired if you ask for fair and equitable treatment and you have to get out within 24hrs. So out into the street you will go. This strategy is planned by management and used to keep employees under control. I know this to be true because I am part of the management team. For the average worker there is no career advancement, no bonus, no raises, no 401 contribution, no health insurance or benefits of any kind, no vacation pay or time off (if you ever miss more the three days in a row you will be fired. We had a wonderful, hard working employee who never missed a days work in three years. Her mom got sick so she took 5 days in a row off to care for her mother, when she returned we fired her and gave her 24 hours to get out. We had to set an example so other employees would not dare take time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that Value Place treats you the way they want to be treated. Rob, steal from them every chance you can. My advice to management is just take it, you cultivated the culture now live with it. I enjoy my fat checks and bonus. You guys in upper management are so busy plotting new ways to rob employees that you don't even notice me taking tens of thousands of dollars every single month. And the best part of it is that I was taught how to do it by Value Place. Thanks Value place.

Property Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Value Place Franchise Services full-time for more than a year

ProsGood work hours for a management position

ConsOn call 24 hours a day
Very busy with little staff
More like managing a low income apartment complex

Advice to Senior ManagementMore staff

Recommend only to your worst enemy!

Special Ops Manager (Current Employee)

ProsNot many however everyday is different as far as new guests/customers

ConsPoor construction quality of the buildings brings various guest complaints. Employees are overworked, buildings understaffed, pay level is marginal at best, some of the regional & senior managers are flat out nuts needing medication. I've witnessed more than one property manager quit or get fired because the regional manager; not the fault of the employee

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve half of what your regional managers tell you & replace most of them; they're a large portion of your problem. Insulate your buildings for noise and properly staff your buildings

No Respect for a family man.

Guest Services Manager (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Value Place Franchise Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros"Free Room" 2 Holidays a year, paid vacation, sick time, and 401k enrollment, good hotel experience, perfect place to develop management skills,

Cons"Free Room is maximum of 4 people having a larger family means you pay for a second room since your demanded to live on property. Your on call 30 minute window isn't what the employee handbook says....leave the property your fired, Small staff means not very much help in overloaded times

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, sometimes your "best" manager is being a delegate not a leader. Team work is a must in small group jobs like this one, milking every dime from your employees to make them pay for extra room when they have large families isn't right. Last but not least if you are promoting from within and calling it a success story show the employee you appreciate them, don't start them out lower than what you would a new hire in the same position.

They work you like a Dog

Property Manager (Current Employee)
Hammond, LA

ProsMeeting new people on a daily basis, Have most Sundays off if fully staffed. Inside most of the time.

ConsLow pay, expected to work 60 plus hours a week, Always on call, Can't find or keep good staff due to extremely low pay, expectations are unattainable, poor support from upper management. Absolutely no work/Life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your managers. Have attainable expectations

Distorganised

Special Operations Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Value Place Franchise Services full-time for less than a year

ProsThe people that you work alongside are the best part of the job.

ConsDisorganized, un-supportive, and Long hours because of poor follow through.

Advice to Senior Managementgive it up

Awesome

Property Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Value Place Franchise Services full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat training program, room for advancement if you pay attention, fun office culture, every day is different due to nature of business, fun. As a PM you create your own environment....its exactly what you make it!

ConsIts a lot to learn at first, almost overwhelming. However, if you consider that a challenge, you will be a great property manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore organization with new hires, as far as what you teach them. I think doing the training at MIT should be before shadowing and tackling a property. However, I also understand that the turnover could be increased by this and the money spent on training and travel could greatly out weigh the benefits.

Great place to work and stay.

Property Attendant (Current Employee)
Saint Robert, MO

Prosgreat staff, accommodations, housing included.

ConsVery Low Pay and few benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive good employees an incentive to stay.

Good job for college students, not for people with real bills or responsibilities.

Guest Attendant (Former Employee)
Charleston, SC

I worked at Value Place Franchise Services part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat part time hrs. Friendly staff and location.

ConsLow pay, crazy customers, and stupid occupancy quotas.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so cheap with supplies and hire more housekeepers.

Worked for Value Place Franchise Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Value Place Franchise Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Value Place Franchise Services CEO Dan Weber . All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Value Place Franchise Services employees.