ValueClick Media

Ignore the Hater with the Axe to Grind: Good Company

Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at ValueClick Media full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart; motivated, team players. Managers and Team will help out when & where they need to. Lots of responsibility. Rapidly changing marketplace and technology ensure things don't get stale. I've consistently met goals which are communicated clearly. Salary & Benefits very competitive.

Cons

Fast paced, stressful environment, especially in Q-4, however this is somewhat seasonal.

Good people might be discouraged to apply to SB office due to a reviewer with an apparent axe to grind who has personal issues with management continues to write negative reviews. Don't pay much attention; do your own research and meet the people.

A little more positive reinforcement & encouragement.

CEO has started regular all hands conference calls to discuss overall Company Strategy and direction, challenges and opportunities. Not sugar coated; but helpful and helps us all see same picture. Hope this is kept up! Good move.

Strange Experience

I worked at ValueClick Media

Pros

great opportunity to work in a semi-management capacity, however, role was confusing from day one and changed and changed over time.

Cons

-legacy workers were not open to new selling strategies
    -management did not invest enough resources behind product
    -role changed approximately 2/3-mths into the job
    -company was on the verge of rebranding efforts, which meant job/role was in jeopardy
    -internal confusion with the # brands; lack of cohesiveness
    -absolutely no work/life balance in the NYC office, I believe the CA offices were managed differently
    -also look at engineering of products; campaign delivery and optimizations were poor, lost a lot of revenue from agencies canceling campaigns because of under-delivery towards their KPIs...

too much change without clear direction and strategy. take time to invest in smart employees, understand their needs in order to retain good talent. with the mass attrition, there is something definitely wrong with the way the business is being managed.

Greener Grass

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at ValueClick Media full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Paycheck has not bounced yet

Cons

Everyone who has left (and there have been many recently) seems unbelievably happy. The second another person makes the announcement that they are leaving, they receive an influx of resumes from their soon-to-be former colleagues.

Stop writing fake reviews on here. It's painfully obvious what you're doing.

ValueClick

I worked at ValueClick Media

Pros

Big Company. Lots of resources

Cons

Limited upward mobility. You either love it or hate it.

Great time to join, if you are collaborative and want to learn and grow

Current Employee - Media Operations in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Media Operations in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at ValueClick Media full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It appears the one person continues to offer negative reviews which are inaccurate. Strong management with integrity....Managers are appropriate and respectful. I know that my bonus has been paid as represented, and that I have a great future. I just recommended a friend.

Cons

Everyone is so busy that you may need to be patient with questions. This is a fast paced environment and you need to be resourceful.

Looking forward to more marketing efforts, and more unity in divisions so I can continue to grow.

Gem of a company, especially in Santa Barbara

I have been working at ValueClick Media full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Part of an industry with significant growth
    Managers who are willing and able to teach
    Colleagues who are bright and want to welcome you to "the family"
    Large company with large company benefits however maintains start-up feel

Cons

You have to be someone who is willing to work when you come to work; everyone has a lot of responsibility
    Many of the tasks take focus

Keep it up

Great place if you're driven, smart and don't mind rolling your sleeves up no matter what position you hold.

I have been working at ValueClick Media full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very tight-knit leadership team who has been with the company through various iterations of the business including mergers and acquisitions. Trickles down to day-to-day via as a stable management team who really cares about their employees. My experience shows there is plenty of opportunity for strong performers to move up with the company or create entirely new roles for themselves. Don't expect multi-million dollar yacht parties or squandering money on frivolous items but they have consistently run a profitable and growing company for the last 15 years. I would take that over a 2 year stint and internet flame-out any day.

Cons

Rock stars are celebrated and very well taken care of. As such, development of the next round of folks "coming up" or developing into higher performing individuals is critical as well.

Increase company-wide communication. There are so many good things happening that don't' get out to everyone.

Great Company, Great Growth Potential

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at ValueClick Media full-time (more than a year)

Pros

During my time at ValueClick, I have been given the necessary tools to learn and develop my career. I came to the company with limited digital experience and was given the proper guidance, training, and support to grow and rise through the ranks. If you are looking for a company with great growth potential that genuinely cares about the progression and advancement of its employees, then ValueClick fits the bill. In addition, the culture is good and the future vision for the company is exciting. There is great growth potential on all fronts.

Cons

Limited space due to expanding staff

Not a great place to work at

I have been working at ValueClick Media full-time

Pros

If you like bureaucracy and sub par performance and are not interested in advancement this is a great company for you.

Cons

Management has a consistent tendency to cover up issues and employee dissatisfaction and only care about image

There have been instances of managers that have gone from figuratively screwing their employees with pay and false promise of advancement to actually having relationship with their employees. Would like to see management actually focus on resolving issues rather than trying to cover them up for image

One of the worst internet companies to work

I have been working at ValueClick Media full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

they provide free water and tea

Cons

Almost every week someone is leaving the company because they are fed up with the current poor management and being cheated out of their commission/pay. Lots of lies/promises are told upfront that are never attempted to make good on.

Since I've started here there have already been over two managers that ended up having inappropriate relationships with their employees. If managers would stop wasting their time hitting on their employees and tried to put that energy into into making positive changes the place could possibly be alright.