ValueLabs Reviews

Updated October 27, 2014
3.7

ValueLabs CEO & Founder Arjun Rao
Arjun Rao

Pros
  • Free lunch - but quality is below average for daily consumption, regular vegs and curries served, you get bored very early (in 14 reviews)

• Work Culture that encourages people to come with new ideas (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Limited parking space, Should relax the dress code (in 6 reviews)

• Lack of variety in recreation areas (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Business development

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at ValueLabs full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good infrastructure, fun at work

Cons

no cab facility, formal dress code

Very good place to work/

I have been associated with ValueLabs for more than 12 years.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at ValueLabs full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company has been successful for more than a decade now. It has weathered the US recession and other constraints. This is all due to the strong value based work culture instilled in the work environment. It has been able to adapt to the needs of the market, clients so far, hence more than a decade of success.

Mid level company, with willingness to adapt to the market conditions.

Opportunity for exploring.

Good Job security.

Cons

On the job training should not be the only way. The trainings need to be provided for mid and senior level folks.

Support functions (like HR and Finance) for employees have improved a lot in the last few years. However, there is significant scope to improve further.

Need to understand the importance of providing formal trainings for mid and senior level folks.

Keep up the good work and practices. At the same time, be adaptable to stay relevant to the changing needs of the market, clients and employees.

An Inside View

Current Employee - Manager Customer Service/Project Lead in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Manager Customer Service/Project Lead in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at ValueLabs full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Culture and Policies - from Top Most Management - is excellent and highly promising - tremendous Growth - so far as well as how the stage is set for future... very well done

Cons

Implementation of high level Policies could be streamlined much more...

Quicker Implementation and Monitoring implemented policies - all through to down the line will help much more in growth rate...

Bad experience overall

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at ValueLabs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Providing facilities like
    A. Bus service - but only till main centers like MMTS, Punjagutta etc and not till/near your residence
    B. Free lunch - but quality is below average for daily consumption, regular vegs and curries served, you get bored very early
    C. Free periodic health checks, Reasonably charged income tax filing assistance, Decent health insurance coverage
    D. Gym, Yoga classes, Table tennis, Carrom board, Dormitory - but useful for only fortunate few who have less or no work. The pity thing is employees are not even encouraged to use them

Still I believe these facilities are good to have at employee's disposal

2. Other departments
    A. Active HR team regularly conducting activities or events celebrating a special occasion (annual day, festival, independence day etc), Its during these few days in entire year you will feel good and get a chance to know various people working in other departments, projects if you wish to
    B. Finance, IT administration support teams are ok

3. The purpose and vision of CEO are the major pillars on which company is able to stand till today

4. Average to good job stability

Cons

1. Stressed up work environment which is affecting creativeness
    2. Rude and immature leaders, dictatorship mentality is prevalent since many of them are associated with the company for a long time
    3. Less salary hikes, so try to get in with maximum compensation package if you can
    4. Mediocre clients mostly
    5. Negligible support, motivation and encouragement from superiors
    6. Hard to get leaves
    7. Employees are sometimes treated like machines, and also are made to multi- task on various things
    8. Favoritism for promotions, good work assignments
    9. No transport facility (after 9 PM) available for employees who work late for some clients
    10. Process is followed in only select few projects

1. You are aware but turning a blind eye at present, please try to improve things at least by 50% for a decent long run in competition
    2. Bring good, long term projects instead of being greedy for any type of project from any type of client
    3. Remind yourself on core values of setting up this organization and don't lose focus on them

Happy and Looking forward for long term association

I have been working at ValueLabs (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good People.
    New challenges and opportunities.
    Working with latest technologies.
    Work Culture that encourages people to come with new ideas

Cons

Would like to have more resources for training and professional development.

Great place to be part of!

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at ValueLabs full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been associated with ValueLabs for a decade now. Started here as a fresh graduate and am quite happy with the journey thus far. I should say that it continues to be very exciting and enthralling.

There is a lot of positive energy and warmth in the air here; I am fortunate that all the colleagues have been quite supportive. Thanks to the culture and the focus on 'character energy' here.

Client's interests mean a lot here. After all, we owe our jobs to them.

By the way, it is not just the mind that works here on our day-to-day chores; Heart has an equal (if not, better) role to play!

I can vouch that there continue to be many days, when I cannot stop myself from going to work.

Of what I have seen, below are some Pros -

1) Culture of the organization
    2) Strong Client focus
    3) Meritocratic practices
    4) Free hand to learn & grow

Cons

There is nothing specific that I would like to state as weaknesses. Branding could be an area of improvement. Lot of good things done in the organization are just staying within the organization. This can be spread...

Scope to improve on the branding aspect of the organization; take the 'ValueLabs' way', to the larger audience
    Learning programs can be more formal and made mandatory

Exciting place to work

Current Employee - Director in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Director in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at ValueLabs full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with this organization for almost 14 years now. It has offered me multiple opportunities to grow both at personal and professional levels.

The passion with the people is something that you will not see anywhere else. It is that willingness to always do something extra and go that extra mile for your client which defines the work culture. Had the opportunity to work with some wonderful folks and have learnt a lot of things.

I love the freedom, stability and the work culture. The company is growing aggressively and I believe that the best is yet to come.

Cons

Training for senior folks is not very organized. It should be streamlined.

Branding and image of the company needs to be improved to attract and retain talent.

Company needs to do a bit more to attract new talent in terms of marketing and branding.

My Experiences at ValueLabs

Current Employee - Director - Engineering in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Director - Engineering in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at ValueLabs full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been reading a lot of reviews on Glassdoor off late and it made me think as to why I am not sharing all my pleasant experiences. I have already posted on few other sites and I hope my review would inspire employees to contribute to their experiences and reviews.

I have been associated with ValueLabs for more than 12 years out of my total experience of 16 years journey into the IT industry. It has been a wonderful experience overall with lots of learnings that contributed to making a stronger woman out of me. Today in ValueLabs, we see the true example of women empowerment with quite a few women in our senior management and decision making roles.

ValueLabs has always been about pursuing our dreams and goals. They have treated us as family and have encouraged us to do a SWOT analysis and come up with where we could utilize our strengths well while improving and working on Weakness and Threats. Opportunities are created and not accommodated in ValueLabs.

One thing that I like in ValueLabs, is that the promotion criteria is not based on years of experience or years associated with ValueLabs. I have personally seen my colleagues with 2 years of experience playing very interesting roles in their projects. One of the most interesting roles that I have seen in ValueLabs is the Client Services Group or the CSG that we refer to. Their contribution to secondary research, keeping up to date information on our clients is simply amazing. This team’s experience is about 2.5 years.

Our office in Hi-Tech city is one of the amazing work spaces I have seen across the world. I have had the opportunity of traveling to multiple countries to meet numerous clients. Each of our work place is just one seat away from natural light and air. We have frequently noticed that our garden is changed to bring in a different look and feel. We have acquired other offices, and I am keeping my fingers crossed to be surprised in terms of taking elegance and work environment to the next level.

Personally I have been encouraged to take up multiple roles. Today I have my hands full in project management, account and relationship management, contribute to marketing and pre-sales.

Interestingly, I am looking forward to our ValueLabs family gathering in November 2014 – ValMeet 2014. This is one time that we all let our hairs down and have a grand gala time. I have always heard from my brothers and cousins that they are really jealous of having such platform to have a month long fun and competitions.

Cons

Personally I think ValueLabs has few challenges that it should be working upon.

Parking Space - Currently there is limited parking space, and though we have an additional parking lot that has been leased out, I find that it is difficult at times to commute to the parking lot. This is cumbersome and can be managed better.

Bus Routes - Quite a few of our colleagues come from far away places in Hyderabad itself - as far as Hastinapur and others. Currently our bus services (though free) are till Punjagutta only. Considering that we have quite a few women employees, I would like to see buses / cabs providing the commuting services to all employees even if it is chargeable.

Best place to work.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at ValueLabs full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company provides open & challenging environment and good support on innovative ideas . A great work culture , collaborative teams and best agile practices. Good onsite opportunities and work place. Scope for Project migrations are easy. Numerous applications and lot of scope for learning on multiple domains.

Cons

We should have continuous learning and exploring the upcoming technology in multiple domains which makes more challenging environment .

Should Focus on building own products in retail, healthcare, analytic and mobile space.

Currently working in ValueLabs

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at ValueLabs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Multinational Company, we can learn process and corporate culture.

Cons

Hard to get leaves and Management will purely on leads and managers feedback.

Need to improve Healthy environment.