ValueOptions

www.valueoptions.com

ValueOptions Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
ValueOptions – “ValueOptions, Inc.”

ValueOptions CEO Heyward Donigan

Heyward Donigan

Pros
  • Opportunities for advancement and work from home on average 1-2 days per week(in 5 reviews)

• Retention, low turn over and good benefits for leave/timeoff(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I would like to see the company bring back 401K match(in 7 reviews)

• No room for advancement, no employee incentives(in 3 reviews)

I had a very good experience as an Employee of VO

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC

ProsGreat place to work, good benefits, good people, this company has opportunities for growth and promotes internal for employees first before advertising externally. This company has a good open door policy. Most supervisors are lenient on the rules and tries to apply them to meet each employees needs while being fair to all employees.

Constoo many favorites by supervisors

I'm a CCM who loves their job

Clinical Care Manager (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

Prossupport from co-workers and supervisors; ability to work from home; ability to speak to a variety of people with a variety of needs; I feel a great sense of satisfaction at each call as I know I have made a difference in their life.

Consit's a call center so we often have "back to back calls." but I was told that upfront in the interview and I enjoy the variety of calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementI sense that management is aware that our jobs can be difficult as we often talk to members who are very upset,sad,angry,etc and take out their emotions of us. We are given constant feedback regarding that they realize how hard we work and that they appreciate what we do for our members. We are constantly given kudos for our hard work and our excellent customer service we provide to our members and to our co-workers. I find managment to be very supportive of all of us.

Clinical Care Manager

Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat benefits!! Fun working environment. Flexible manager

ConsMonotanous, not a lot of variety in job duties, limited room for advancement

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

By far, the best career opportunity I have had.

Field Care Manager, Value Options New Mexico (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsManagement support, very high morale, accessability of management at all levels, corporate culture of respect, better than average compensation and benefits, clear expectations of job duties. Value Options New Mexico was a model of how all service centers should be operated, from both the standpoint of service to the consumers, to how the service center was run. For the duration of the 4 year contract which ended in 2009, there was relatively little turnover. Working there was like being in a nurturing extended family.

ConsThe high morale and great support brought out the best in the employees. However, good ideas from all but mangement were rarely passed on, and the company never fully benefitted from the potential they built. Value Options does not seem to be able to successfully perpetuate contract renewals in large contracts. The service centers are run from Virginia, but the further the service center location is from Virginia, the more out of touch corporate leadership seems to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the corporate culture of cohesiveness and respect actually permeates the individual service centers. Consistently staff the service centers, both commercial and public contracts, to ensure that workers do not burn out and create high turnover. Adequate staffing in contracts with razor thin profit margins will yield more profit by avoiding turnover.

Decent Employer

EAP Workplace Consultant (Current Employee) Coppell, TX

ProsProvides training for clinical staff, casual atmosphere, ability to work from home, opportunity to change positions internally with openings in new departments.

ConsLimited opportunities for advancement, high expectations for low talk time in call queues (which can result in poor quality of care), 30 minute lunch breaks, clinical care managers micromanaged, very difficult to get highest level of performance on annual review, typically 2.5% annual increase, no 401k matching, vacation can be denied depending on coverage. Clinical care managers and UM staff do have tiered salaries and pay more for higher performers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize high performers in all departments and reward accordingly. Try to retain talented employees.

Great Company with good benefits

Marketing Production Specialist (Former Employee) Falls Church, VA

ProsThe health benefits are reasonable priced and excellent very good teamwork in Marketing

ConsNo cons very flexible with work schedules and great teamwork amongst all employees

Great place to grow

ProsGood leadership... Does the best it can with what it has... Room to grow.. Encouraged and challenged. Great co workers. really smart and dedicated IT staff; internal and external opinion. Retention, low turn over and good benefits for leave/timeoff

ConsSlow to change though everyone wants to... Technology stack is aging but very robust nonetheless... Salaries not competitive... There comes a time when moving up becomes impossible given no one leaves and new positions/opportunities don't come by so often... Lacking financial backing for people development though it is something that mgmt wants

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on benefits and people development... You already have incredible talent and leadership in the industry... Value your employees...

Acceptable Work Environment

ProsGood vacation time, CEU reimbursement, employee activities are decent and we play trivia every Friday.

ConsThe health insurance is HSA HDHC so you have no idea how much an office visit will cost.

Great company to start out with.

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Latham, NY

ProsStarting out, this was a great company to get my foot in the door with. If you're dedicated, you can move up quickly, and if you've never had a professional job before, the money makes you feel rich. The biggest benefit the company offers is their paid leave. Starting out at 3 weeks a year, it bumps up to 4 weeks a year after 5 years or you become salaried, and a 5th week is added if you've been with the company 5 years AND are salaried.

ConsAs in many companies, a point is reached where you can no longer move up. The higher the rank within the company, the less turnover there is, so you end up getting locked into your position and accept your annual merit raises which hardly account for anything. From a benefit perspective, their 401K isn't the greatest. In my five plus years with the company, I've had them do a one time match which hardly accounted for anything. The sick time plan doesn't really make much sense either; you earn the time, but it's frowned upon to use it.

Very positive experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSupportive manager and varied work responsibilities
    Low turnover

ConsNo downsides noted at that time

Advice to Senior ManagementSalaries should be reviewed

Worked for ValueOptions? Contribute to the Community!