ValueOptions

Updated December 16, 2014
2.6

ValueOptions CEO Heyward Donigan
Heyward Donigan

Pros
  • Opportunities for advancement and work from home on average 1-2 days per week (in 6 reviews)

• Retention, low turn over and good benefits for leave/timeoff (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • I would like to see the company bring back 401K match (in 7 reviews)

• The paid time off is average and health insurance benefits are substandard (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Pointless, fruitless work

I worked at ValueOptions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Worked from home with little oversight so it was easy to find a new job

Cons

Contract structure didn't seem ethical. No supervision. Actual job didn't match job description. No guidance in newly created role. Lower pay than non profits. Even lower mileage reimbursement than other companies. They did give me a new iphone but were then too cheap to even buy a text plan - what's the point?

Pay some attention.

Destructive, Negative, Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at ValueOptions

Pros

The people who actually supported IT projects were smart, and dedicated.

Cons

Management is ruthless, and insulting to people who work hard and ethically. False appreciation. I've seen wonderful conscientious dedicated employees be ill treated just to fire them, and discriminating levels.

There is no advice to offer management with cognitive dissonance.

Corporate needs to be more involved with Service Centers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ValueOptions

Pros

The people in the office were great. I enjoyed the work I was doing; I just wasn't allowed to do it. This could have been a great place to work and a great opportunity, if leadership was in place.

Cons

Onsite leadership in certain departments is lacking. There is no consistency and Corporate is not handling things appropriately. There needs to be more corporate involvement until local departmental leadership gets an better handle on things.

Planning ahead is imperative. Placing qualified people in positions of management, instead of focusing on friendship and helping employees out by giving them a job they are not qualified to do, is a better use of time.

When management is floundering due to lack of knowledge and experience and does not ask their staff for insight or help, the staff suffer, and management is ineffective.

LOVED MY JOB

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coppell, TX

I worked at ValueOptions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity for promotions with pay. Many resources to get help when you need it. Great pay.

Cons

Dept was moved to NY. Not enough staff so it was VERY DIFFICULT to get any time off.

Great company! The CEO is progressive and works to continue to supply a superior product to clients and members.

Former Employee - Clinical Care Manager in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Clinical Care Manager in Coppell, TX

I worked at ValueOptions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Balance between work and personal time was good. Co-workers and management were team focused and supportive.

Cons

Limited opportunities to advance within the company.

I hope you don't change too much since you've merged with Beacon.

Disorganized chaos personified!

Current Employee - Clinical Care Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Clinical Care Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at ValueOptions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Professional, supportive, and helpful co-workers. Other than that, the bathrooms are always clean and well stocked. Building security officers are more professional than most of the management team.

Cons

The company used a staffing agency to open this location. Many were offered positions and once in orientation were told that they would be in a different role. The management team is narcissistic at best and seem to be proud of the effects of their unprofessional and unsupportive behavior on their employees. The expectation far exceeds 40 hours a week. Breaks are few and far between. Bullying and micromanagement appear to be the norm. The paid time off is average and health insurance benefits are substandard.

Perhaps with a focus on retention there would be less need for recruitment and training of new employees. Professionals prefer a work environment of mutual respect. You reap what you sow.

Credentialing Specialist

I worked at ValueOptions

Pros

Great place to work with relax setting

Cons

pay is to low for the work needed to be completed

sick culture

I worked at ValueOptions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

colleagues are nice and talented and really the best available. This is because nice people only survive there for more than a few months if they are independent and have a thick skin. The pay is decent, the time off is decent. office was clean.

Cons

Something about the culture almost feels corrupt- atleast in the office I was in. It allows very dominant personalities to manipulate the policies. It makes honest ethical people almost have no choice but to leave. If they speak up, the company will find a way to fire them. I have never seen a place where someone can so easily be set up for doing nothing wrong. This can happen to an extent anywhere. But it is the only place where I have seen people show up on time for work, not call in sick, complete their work effectively and be criticized for nothing. It's almost abusive. There are some very nice people but the hr dept is not strong enough to deal with some of the ruthlessness that occurs. The amount of pressure they put on you, you may as well do something that pays a ton and gives you real power.

More cons than pros

Former Employee - Provider Relations Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Provider Relations Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at ValueOptions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are market average. The organization backs their management's decisions even when they have been proven wrong. I guess that is a pro if you are a manager.

Cons

Lower than average salaries. Low morale. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement Bad management. HR department is totally company oriented and against the workers. Management are bully bosses. Management creates a hostile working environment. If you ever disagree with a manager or point out an error they have made, you have put your own job in jeopardy and management is not above lying to rid their department of the person who challenges them

Try appreciating, rewarding, and giving credit to the staff who work hard to make you look good.

wouldn't recommend it

I have been working at ValueOptions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

location from my home get to work in 7 minutes

Cons

everything about this place under paid and over worked

ValueOptions Photos