Valv Technologies

Kevin Hunt

Very Happy Employee

Current Employee - Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Valv Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with this company for many years. The current HR team, Management, and Executives have been very accommodating at working with employees who have certain health or family related issues that are beyond their control. I have experienced this personally and have witnessed the same kindness towards other employees. This company has a charity committee that is dedicated to helping employees in need as well as the local community. We also have a wellness committee, and a chaplain service available for employees and their families to access 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. The president and CEO of the company views his employees as a family. I have heard him say these words many times over the years but most importantly, I know these words to be true through his actions.

Cons

I cannot think of any real cons. I have enjoyed my employment here. Most of my co-workers have been here as long if not longer than myself.

Continue to hire quality people who genuinely care about the continued growth of this company.

Great environment and people but limited in department resources and ability to grow within the company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Valv Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Allowed to work independently without interference from others. Constantly learning the valve business and the steps required to complete each job. Opportunities to travel to other countries.

Cons

Constantly outsourcing labor for repairs which can cause major delays for customer. Constant changes in management and large employee turnover. Difficult to know if company is moving in the positive direction.

Decrease the amount of labor, materials and repairs to be outsourced sooner rather than later. Improve employee turnover, besides the people that have been there since the beginning only a small percentage have been with the company longer that 5 years.

Not Very open to flexibility and change!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Valv Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ordinarily a not a bad company, they produce specialty valves and the products are very good and in high demand!

Cons

there's a divide among the different departments and this causes for delays and lags in production/processing time.
    Management is rigid, hence no flexibility to encourage developments and change.
    Sole ownership private business, decisions tend to take too long.

The culture and work structure need to be re evaluated to encourage a more professional and ethical working environment. There should be better collaboration among the different departments to foster a one team mentality.

Another relieved ex-employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Valv Technologies

Pros

Opportunities abound. This is due to the incompetency of the owner and his two hench-men. Great products that could be the absolute best in the market.

Cons

HR is in every area of the business and EVERYTHING goes through this filter. We were supposed to implement a new ERP system, but this failed due to a lack of consensus of the owner and the VP of Ops. Yet the owner blames the vendor. Mid-management is a revolving door.

Look in the mirror and become self aware and you will see the problems with the company. Look at the number of good people that have come and gone through your company over the last 5 years and realize that your ae the problem.

Being laid off was a relief...

Current Employee - Procurement Lead in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Procurement Lead in Houston, TX

I have been working at Valv Technologies

Pros

At first there were great expectations and the leverage to accomplish goals. The company produces a good product and has a great sales staff who continually bring in the big contracts.

Cons

After a few months of positive thinking, management went back to the status quo, kneejerk reactions and "John Wayne'ing" (going around) the processes to move product out the door. Good plans were implemented and never followed through. A mis-direction of management has also caused a limbo effect on a new MRP system that has been implementing for over 2 years. Management lacks focus and therefore the company wanders around aimlessly.

Hire a good CEO that can provide focus and get the company to follow through on good ideas and processes. Treat employees as people and not third class citizens. The next time a hurricane blows through and causes billions of dollars in damage and lost life...have a little compassion, it will go a long way toward productivity.

Innovative and dynamic industrial valve company

I have been working at Valv Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Small company, privately held, zero debt, strong community, strong brand, great innovations, active patents, good benefits

Cons

very competitive market place, small company so limited growth opportunities, some legacy issues that revolve around a small company

keep up the good work, ensure that payment structures are clearly defined to avoid confusion.