Vangent

www.vangent.com

Vangent Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Vangent – Arlington – “Vangent Parking Lot (Photo thanks to Flickr user…”

Vangent – Arlington – “Vangent Parking Lot (Photo thanks to Flickr user…”

Vangent President and CEO Mac Curtis

Mac Curtis

Pros
  • Great training, good pay wonderful management, sincere and appreciative (in 5 reviews)

• Good pay and benefits, good group to work with as a contractor (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management cares about nothing more than filling seats, filling shifts, and making money from their government contract (in 4 reviews)

• Lack of communication from upper management to employees (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Hostile Work Environment

Internal Support Group (Current Employee) Chester, VA

ProsThe pay and benefits are awesome.

ConsThe uncomfortable work environment. The company hires basically anyone. There is drama, hostility, no professionalism and very stressful. The company also has poor management. Upper management cares about nothing more than filling seats, filling shifts, and making money from their government contract. Very shady.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider hiring quality, not quantity.
    Listen to your employees
    Motivate the ones actually helping your company and doing their jobs
    TRAIN employees to deal with the mess that comes with these new contracts (ACA)

I worked at the 2010 Census for Vangemt

Analyst (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat training, good pay wonderful management, sincere and appreciative. Knowledgeable training. The associates were fun and we all had a good time.

ConsThe census only comes every ten years.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys were professional and awesome I have no complaints, except the potlucks made me fat and greedy.

Responsible for Software release Quality

ProsVery good until the Take over

ConsNew management unable to assess good talent from the old company to keep

Advice to Senior ManagementPost acquisition, the lay out is not the only solution.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Architect

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood salary, and people that i worked with were very nice.

ConsBad management, especially Mac - CEO. He is an idiot.

Great friends and people working with challenging customers.

Program Manager (Former Employee) Iowa City, IA

ProsPeople are excellent. Challenging and rewarding work. Sense of helping people (e.g., Medicare beneficiaries).

ConsContract work for government agencies is stressful with contract rebids and uncertainty around job security.

Only take a job here if you need money desperately

ProsDecent salary for a call center and they provide full benefits.

ConsNo room for advancement, hr dept hates csr's, the company culture strongly resembles Nazi Germany (they claim they can legally search your car without a warrant people!), no raises, the customers that call in are generally verbally abusive, the list could go on...

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees like humans- show respect and say thank you instead of ruling with fear.

Do it as a last resort

Associate Specialist, Customer Service (Current Employee) Lawrence, KS

ProsThe job has fairly decent pay (12.95 - well above fed. min. wage here and above what other local call centers pay), a relaxed dress code, amazing supervisors, and for the most part the beneficiaries are pretty awesome as well. Fairly relaxed attendance policy.

ConsThe pay is NOT enough for the amount/pace of the work they expect you to do. Supervisors don't have time to interact with employees due to being forced to do five other jobs in addition to their own. Management and HR do not care about improving the working environment for employees. They go on and on about how WE need to practice good work habits, etc. but then refuse to provide ergonomic equipment and severely limit break time, which made the working environment unbearable for me and reduced me to tears more than once because of stress and physical pain. You are replaceable and they do not care if there are small things they can do to up retention - they won't do it, they seem to like the ridiculous turnover rate they have. My supervisors were so overworked that I did not have any quality meetings and barely a handful of quality call monitors the six months I was there, so it was difficult to find ways to improve. There is a non-discrimination policy but constant harassment and discrimination between employees (I was subject to a lot of sexual harassment and later harassment because of my religion and ethnicity) and HR will take your complaint but not do anything about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'll be putting in my letter of resignation this week because I've had it with the way you treat your employees like machines. We are human beings. This probably won't matter because now that GDIT has acquired Vangent they're definitely not going anywhere - GDIT is too big to fail. But the working environment is awful and only worsening.

Fast paced community work.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Lawrence, KS

ProsGood pay and people, allows some individuality.

ConsCar required to reach for work

mail clerk

Clerk (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Prosvery organized in job instruction.

Consnot very timely prep before starting time.

Pretty good over all experiance, good group of co-workers

Records Research Analyst (Former Employee)

Prosgood employee work relationship within company

ConsGot Laid off due to loss of contract

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement was pretty good though some teams leads on project was very professional.

Worked for Vangent? Contribute to the Community!