Vanguard Cleaning Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Positive work environment

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsExcellent work/life balance, A work environment that allows you to grow and to be a part of an enthusiastic team. Tools to build on your strengths and improve your weaknesses with support from upper management. Executives are always open to new ideas and asking for ways to improve and stay a step ahead of the competitors

ConsFinding a "common ground" to stand on that both the VCS Customer and VCS Business Owner can agree on can sometimes prove as a challenge...

How Much I love my job

Operations (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe education and business mentality of the master franchisee are great. Growing company with the eye on excellent business strategies. I love the fact that we make decesions as a team, ownership does not make the only call. The family feel that we bring to the franchisees is most important, we let them know we are in this together

ConsI see none, I don't care if it's not looked upon as sexy.. sexy doesn't last forever..Quality does. We are built for the long haul not the one night stand !!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementI love the conferences and summits, keep them up, its the best thing going and this is what makes us stand out head and shoulders above the competiotion, THANK YOU !!!!!

Ethical, long-term oriented business and leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros+ Senior Management - leadership across the system is seasoned and confident
    + Culture - ask for help and you will receive it; team are very open and honest with each other
    + Commitment to quality - to franchisees and clients
    + Non-political environment - you are measured on results
    + Support - this is very much an organization where everyone is pulling together

Cons- Not in a sexy industry
    - The not-so-professional competitors give the category a bad name
    - Virtually invisible when you're doing your best work

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, great coworkers, fantastic experience

Intern (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsPay was fair
    Fantastic access to executives
    Invest a lot into teaching employees
    Ethical company
    Stable work
    Good work environment

ConsThis was the only con for me, and it's was a pretty personal one:
    The company tends to be just a bit on the older side. It's difficult to have friendships with people 15-20 years your senior who have families and kids to go home to.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt was a pleasure working with everyone. I wish them all the best.

A Great Place To Work Depending On What City And State

Account Manager (Current Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsMy boss was well educated in law, sales, and business processes and instilled that knowledge to his employees.

I was fairly compensated for my performance.

Each year the company gets better as a national unit.

In the facility maintenance industry, Vanguard is heads and shoulders above the rest in management and progession

ConsEach office is different, and some offices are not operated as well, some even poorly

Not a "sexy" industry

Customers can often look down on you as "just the cleaning company"

Benefits are just OK, not great (once again depends on the office)

Advice to Senior ManagementAt my office, none. Some offices with husband and wife owners that are running the show need to let differences between them stop when they hit the door, and not make employees select sides. In addition, more offices should unified in training and development of franchisees, sales, operations, and office management.

Worked for Vanguard Cleaning Systems? Contribute to the Community!