Vanguard Cleaning Systems

CEO

1. How Much I love my job

Current Employee - Operations in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Operations in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Vanguard Cleaning Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The education and business mentality of the master franchisee are great. Growing company with the eye on excellent business strategies. I love the fact that we make decesions as a team, ownership does not make the only call. The family feel that we bring to the franchisees is most important, we let them know we are in this together

Cons

I see none, I don't care if it's not looked upon as sexy.. sexy doesn't last forever..Quality does. We are built for the long haul not the one night stand !!!!!!

Advice to Management

I love the conferences and summits, keep them up, its the best thing going and this is what makes us stand out head and shoulders above the competiotion, THANK YOU !!!!!

2. Positive work environment

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Vanguard Cleaning Systems full-time

Pros

Excellent work/life balance, A work environment that allows you to grow and to be a part of an enthusiastic team. Tools to build on your strengths and improve your weaknesses with support from upper management. Executives are always open to new ideas and asking for ways to improve and stay a step ahead of the competitors

Cons

Finding a "common ground" to stand on that both the VCS Customer and VCS Business Owner can agree on can sometimes prove as a challenge...

3. Ethical, long-term oriented business and leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Vanguard Cleaning Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

+ Senior Management - leadership across the system is seasoned and confident
    + Culture - ask for help and you will receive it; team are very open and honest with each other
    + Commitment to quality - to franchisees and clients
    + Non-political environment - you are measured on results
    + Support - this is very much an organization where everyone is pulling together

Cons

- Not in a sexy industry
    - The not-so-professional competitors give the category a bad name
    - Virtually invisible when you're doing your best work

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Great company, great coworkers, fantastic experience

Former Employee - Intern in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Vanguard Cleaning Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was fair
    Fantastic access to executives
    Invest a lot into teaching employees
    Ethical company
    Stable work
    Good work environment

Cons

This was the only con for me, and it's was a pretty personal one:
    The company tends to be just a bit on the older side. It's difficult to have friendships with people 15-20 years your senior who have families and kids to go home to.

Advice to Management

It was a pleasure working with everyone. I wish them all the best.

6. A Great Place To Work Depending On What City And State

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Vanguard Cleaning Systems

Pros

My boss was well educated in law, sales, and business processes and instilled that knowledge to his employees.

I was fairly compensated for my performance.

Each year the company gets better as a national unit.

In the facility maintenance industry, Vanguard is heads and shoulders above the rest in management and progession

Cons

Each office is different, and some offices are not operated as well, some even poorly

Not a "sexy" industry

Customers can often look down on you as "just the cleaning company"

Benefits are just OK, not great (once again depends on the office)

Advice to Management

At my office, none. Some offices with husband and wife owners that are running the show need to let differences between them stop when they hit the door, and not make employees select sides. In addition, more offices should unified in training and development of franchisees, sales, operations, and office management.

7. Operations & Customer Service Rep.

Former Employee - Operations & Customer Service Representative in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Vanguard Cleaning Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with, flexibility and trust being qualities most evident. Family run business translates into a family like environment. Legitimately very much within what is promised to franchisees with every legal angle smartly covered. Progressive and In depth training, mentoring and certification program available for those who are serious about growing their business.

Cons

Quite often the system seems heavily loaded against the franchisee where they have no control over loss of accounts / business (due to unethical behavior by former employees and unforeseen circumstances) and since the Ops. guy is strategically placed in between master franchisor (Owner) and franchisee, operational functions becomes very challenging, thereby walking a fine line between peacemaker and villain.....never a protagonist.

Advice to Management

continue working on the legal : ethics balance

8. From the inside out

Former Employee - Field Services in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Field Services in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Vanguard Cleaning Systems

Pros

Casual atmosphere, some good people to work with.

Cons

micro manager, low pay for the expectation, taking clients away from franchisees

Advice to Management

don't micro manage, have faith in your team, don't spy on employees through the company cell phone

RSS Feed </> Embed