Vanguard Direct

Updated July 27, 2014
Updated July 27, 2014
4.1

Robert O'Connell

A great place to work if you just like to work

I have been working at Vanguard Direct full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You'll be very happy at Vanguard as long as you work fast with minimal supervision, and complete every assignment on time and within budget. Slackers and prima donnas do not last long here. But once management trusts you, they are very good about getting out of your way and just letting you do your job however you see fit.

Cons

Expect a steady stream of team-building initiatives and make-work projects that suck up a lot of energy and rarely amount to much.

Keep it up!

Great experience

I have been working at Vanguard Direct

Pros

Very nice people to work with, good corporate culture and excellent management.

Cons

Not much to say here

Excellen, my four years as Senior Project Manager in creative and marketing was a highlight in my career.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Vanguard Direct as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Professional, creative and dynamic atmosphere.

Cons

There were no downsides at all.

I can give no advice to management, upper management, through careful planning and execution has achieved exponential growth.with exceptionally talented employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to start.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Vanguard Direct full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great place to start and learn. Offers many opportunities to grow and to explore different career paths.

Cons

It is a small company that is growing this can lead to some growing pains.

Great Company, Great People

Former Employee - Development Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Development Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Vanguard Direct as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Small company allows easy communication between people.
    Very smart and motivated staff doing excellent work.
    Open and honest management.

Cons

Not ideal for someone looking to become a developer, as they do not do any inhouse

Managers are not checked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Vanguard Direct

Pros

One of the few places that hire, only because the salaries are so low they can afford to hire. They won't lay you off in bad times, which is great. However, if you do get fired, you are out the same day.

Cons

If you are not a male forget about getting any senior positions. The men are given more frequent promotions and there is 99% males in Senior Management. Shame on me for being there for over 8 years. I have never received one promotion even though I bring in more money then the males in my department (who have been given several promotions) and been here in less time. As for the women in charge, they are very threatened by other women, even to the point of being out right rude to their juniors (of course).

Please have a serious and TRULY confidential review of your managers. Encourage your employees to let you know how your supervisors and managers are performing. Do they promote productivity, career growth, and accountability? Are THEY team players? Managers here take credit when things go right but are the first to point fingers and report you when things go wrong. Managers need to be re-trained! They are very old school and run their departments like factories.

My Review!!!

I have been working at Vanguard Direct

Pros

I work with great, talented people in an incredibly proficient and tech-savvy Art Department. I am also blessed with polite and understanding clients. In fact, I find all facets of my job to be very enriching.

Cons

Noisome refrigerator in the kitchen. No pool table. Other than that, everything is gravy.

It would be nice to have more print advertising on the creative side.

The place you want to be!

Current Employee - Account Representative  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Vanguard Direct

Pros

The number one factor in employment satisfaction is the employees happiness in their current career. This is why Vanguard Direct is one of the best places to work! All the people are extremely friendly, knowledgeable and easy to get along with. Employees are praised when they do a great job, and told when they make mistakes. The company has double digit growth, and is very promising for young individuals that want to associate themselves with a company that is focused on bettering their staff through on-the-job education, and at the same time growing their sales year to year.

Cons

The only downside I could find about working here is that the younger generation that wants to go to work and just sit there and do nothing and get paid for it, is not going to find an environment that will allow that!

Keep up the good work, and keep growing. Find out who the people are in the company that don't represent Vanguard's mission and get rid of them.

Work here if you want to be bored for the rest of your career.

I have been working at Vanguard Direct

Pros

9 to 5 kind of place, great if you have a family and want a steady paycheck. People are respectful and friendly, except for one manager who think he can threaten you and raise his voice at you.

Cons

The pay is below industry standards, not a competative environment, everyone is complaced. They just do enough for there job not more. Some hirees do not have a college degree. There are some super stars in this company that hogs up all the good work and support staff are not given opportunities to branch out into other responsibiliities or advancement.

Please pay a competative salary or at least industry standards. Listen to our actual career needs and follow up with our requests. Have more women and diversity in upper management.

Good family owned company.

I have been working at Vanguard Direct

Pros

Fair, caring organization
    Innovative approach to a changing industry.

Cons

Limited resources for outlying offices.

Worked for Vanguard Direct? Contribute to the Community!