Vanguard Health Systems

Vanguard Health Systems Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Vanguard Health Systems Chairman and CEO Charlie Martin Jr.

Charlie Martin Jr.

Corporate Office Disconnect

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInnovative Culture and great clinicians to work with. Facilities in the market care about the patient and want to deliver high quality care

ConsCorporate office is a boys club. No room for advancement unless you are within the inner circle. COO Kent Wallace has a list of names that he wants in positions that are his yes men.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that corporate office in overhead and is a service to the market who are delivering care.

Terrible, few cross training opportunities, low pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshigh volume of work, steady

Consfavoritism, no OT, cross training very limited

Advice to Senior Managementdon't look out only for your bonus

Good company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVanguard has a good company working dynamic. Employees at all levels are eager to help facilitate quick resolution to issues.

ConsMany of the positions at Vanguard were filled by contractors and they did not seem to be in a hurry to bring those contractors into the company in a permanent role. Rather they would cycle contractors in and out as needed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunities to grow and apply your strengths.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsAdministrative support, growth & development opportunities, and familial environment.

ConsReactionary, aggressive profit model, resistant to visionary changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementGroom executives from current managers.

Not a pleasant place to work.

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) Marietta, GA

ProsExcellent therapy department. Rehab area of facility does an outstanding Job.

ConsAmount of patients given to staff makes it difficult to give patients what they deserve.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to staff and rethink the assignments on LTC.

Terrible non supportive work environment.

Nurse Educator (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe pay for nurses was very good.

ConsThis is a company that has a high rate of turn over. They do not believe in education and training of employees. The orientation is no more than showing people around and films. The management changes like a person changes their socks and so does all the other areas in their long- term care facility in Memphis, TN. I have never seen employees leave this company at such a rate. People even leave during orientation and don't come back. It is just terrible. This large turn over is terrible for continuity of patient care.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training programs that will educate and train people to better perform their jobs. Listen to what the employees have to say and don't say you are going to make things better and not keep your word. Please stop trying to terrorize the employees by sending those indifferent people from Nashville to attend a few meetings, walking around, blaming and and trying to intimidate the hard working nurses and staff.

A great environment in which to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsSenior Management are generous with salary and benefits.

ConsThey are being sold to Tenet.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for all you did for your employees.

good company

Quality Analyst (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

Prosgood company that cares about employees

Consbought by tenet health care in two thousand thirteen

Health system

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsAllowed for mobility in career advancement and opportunities to work with multi-disciplinary teams. Facilities were located around the valley, making it a close drive depending on where you are living.

ConsPoor pay and lack of development and retention practices, has led to much turnover at all levels of the company.

Less than forthcoming

Data Center Analyst (Current Employee) Berwyn, IL

ProsIf you manage to get a job working with their I.T. department, then you may be blessed to be in a position to grow and learn.

ConsThe weasels running the particular hospital I work at refuse to give a concrete end date for our positions and prefer to jerk people around.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit acting like spineless worms, man up and tell people what's really going on.

Worked for Vanguard Health Systems? Contribute to the Community!