Vanguard Healthcare Services

Reset
2.4
William D. Orand

1. Overall Good Company

I have been working at Vanguard Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family oriented company, flexible. Overall good company.

Cons

Should promote within more. Alot of things to work through once they are worked out things will get better.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the people you have within your company more

2. Sketchy Business Practices

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Vanguard Healthcare Services

Pros

Payrole check arrived regularly in the bank. Direct patient care staff were incredibly dedicated in the face of horrible leadership.

Cons

Doing the right thing, in the right way, for the right reason, even when no one is looking- NOT GONNA HAPPEN! This company has a problem at the top and everybody working there knows it, except the owner. Leadership is so egotistical that they allow middle managers to operate without any checks or balances, often to the detriment of the companies reputation and public status; as long as those managers bow down and exhaust the all knowing leaders. The middle manager who visited our facility routinely pulled people to the side and encouraged the forming of coalitions to oust those with whom she had a vendetta. She would purposely ignore problems in the facility, so that instead of being a problem solver, she could say, "look at this big mess that they made." This middle manager of whom I speak is totally ineffective in her role and should not be allowed in the facility because she is unable to be objective. Terminated people without going through the proper channels, and enevitably had to bring them back on staff. It's like trying to work while a professional, manipulative predator is circling.

Advice to Management

There are some really good people working at the facility level. Some people are hurting your business. When all else fails get rid of- Notify Official Right Away.

3. Pass on any jobs.

I worked at Vanguard Healthcare Services

Pros

They have promise, but can't deliver. Should not be in LTC.

Cons

Would not recommend working for them.

5. The Makings of A Solid Company

Former Employee - Administrtaor
    Former Employee - Administrtaor

I worked at Vanguard Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair Compensation, On-Boarding and Recruitment, Resident Focused, Decentralized Management Structure

Cons

Grew Too Quickly, Centralized Admissions, Passive Aggressive in Market Growth, Money Not Placed Back Into Facilities

Advice to Management

This Company had the recipe for success but due to rapid growth the company could not absorb everything at once

6. Review from someone who has been here a long time...

I have been working at Vanguard Healthcare Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Vanguard is great at presenting opportunities to shine. You are never locked into a box where you only do these five tasks and cannot stretch your legs or try something new. I believe everyone has real opportunity here and I have seen it first hand, holding several positions myself. If you like to work hard, this is the right place for you.

Cons

I would have to say that my biggest peeve is that the 401k match is lacking. With that being said, i've accumulated 10's of thousands using it.

Advice to Management

I believe Vanguard now has the right team in place to get things on track, and can continue to flourish and grow.

Chaos at best

Former Employee - Anonymous in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Vanguard Healthcare Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started looking for a new position after a short time and thankfully moved to a competitor. I did meet several wonderful co-workers who worked hard to grow the business and increase census, but most everyone was trying to leave.

Cons

Hostile work environment and unprofessional behavior although several bad eggs have been recently weeded out. They had a horrible HR recruitment manager who abused power and gossiped about employees. Many employees were afraid to go to the other HR Manager (now Director) for help. She clearly did not understand the positions well enough to recruit for them and critical positions sat open for way too long.

Advice to Management

Hire someone to run Finance with a SNF background. Money is not being collected, billing is a nightmare. Get a solid HR dept in place now. You made improvements by getting rid of the unqualified Business Development Director and HR Chief, now select carefully going forward.

8. Hard Work

Current Employee - CNA in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - CNA in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Vanguard Healthcare Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the love for your title CNA

Cons

Challenges for working here is always being short of staff people quit everyday and call-in

Advice to Management

Be equal with all staff

9. Great Company to work for

I have been working at Vanguard Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

Excellent staff that are great to work with. Decent pay, flexible hours, great work-life balance.

Cons

The company has quit growing, and morale is down.

10. Great place to work

I have been working at Vanguard Healthcare Services

Pros

Great co workers and environment

Cons

no cons that I know of

sinking ship

Pros

pay is decent, but not enough to keep me here as soon as I find something else.

Cons

extremely stressful environment, the misery trickles down from the top. the company is having trouble staying afloat financially and everyone is always on edge and talking about each other behind backs. turn over is very high. too many way overpaid chiefs and consultants in corporate office and not enough Indians in the buildings.

Advice to Management

hire another outside consultant to help figure out which positions should be eliminated at corporate, the company is not big enough to support so many senior management positions. let the buildings do their own admissions because centralized admissions has not worked. finally, be honest with employees. everyone knows we are in trouble.

RSS Feed </> Embed