Vanity Fair Brands Reviews

Updated April 16, 2014

3.8

Curt Holtz
1 Rating

Great Company, sad to see it disappear

Former Employee - Executive  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Vanity Fair Brands full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great long term strategic planning shared with every employee. Employees empowered to contribute. Open door policy most of the time, great pay and benefits and clearly defined goals. Opportunity to get promoted from within, lots of programs to support education, groom manager trainees, chances to contribute at every level.

Cons

challenging life work balance,

Great job grooming and mentoring your teams - you made us who we are today.

You're supposed to feel honored to work there

Former Employee - Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Vanity Fair Brands full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a glamorous lifestyle with a lot of fun perks, and you're working with the best of the best

Cons

Junior staff are expected to look like you just stepped out of the pages of the magazine-- which is impossible given their salaries

Throw the junior staff a bone once in a while! Help them create professional opportunities outside of assistant tasks

Very corporately run

Former Employee - Associate Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Vanity Fair Brands full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive pay and benefit structure, many brands to transfer between.

Cons

Don't set you up for new growth opportunities because they're trying to grow and hire from outside

A lot of confusion from corporate to retail chain, alleviates the chance of running a smooth business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's how you would expect any average part time job to be.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Corsicana, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Corsicana, TX

I have been working at Vanity Fair Brands

Pros

Paid holidays including Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. Good discounts on merchandise from other stores owned by the company. Usually good hours.

Cons

Management where i worked was not very flexible with my schedule. I had to ask off fairly often because of school related things, and I would always get chewed out.

If employees and customers are complaining about something, it usually means that it's a pretty big problem. The stores A/C was broken, and the GM never did anything about it because she never came downstairs. Also, take care of the employees who aren't doing there job. We had one employee who was constantly late to work for no apparent reason. He would be 30-2hrs late, and the entire year I was there he never got chewed out or fired.

Great Starter Job

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Vanity Fair Brands

Pros

The work isn't supremely difficult, you get rewarded for doing well, if you speak Spanish the consumers are really easy to get on with (in Fort Lauderdale, though), and the quality of stuff was pretty great.

Cons

If you don't speak Spanish, the consumers continue talking--in Spanish; the undercover security guards are watching you--the company does *not* trust you; sometimes, co-workers are pretty immature

Worked for Vanity Fair Brands? Contribute to the Community!