Vanquish Marketing (CA)

Updated January 21, 2015
Updated January 21, 2015
3.4

Chris Thomas

Some good, some bad...all real, and all worth it!

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing (CA) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been working with Vanquish for about 3 months now full time. So far, I have had a ton of training and cross-training and learned so much! I am more of a psychology person than marketing, and I am still in school for my Masters in Psych., but the information and business schooling I have gone through is going to benefit me no matter how long I am with Vanquish, AND for my future work in Psychology. Even if Marketing is not your passion, you can utilize all the knowledge for any field!

I’ve also had a chance already to travel with the company; and I love to travel! I got to see how versatile our marketing training can work in different cities and states with vastly different populations/people groups. It is really fun getting to work with such a driven and encouraging group of people, everyone here really does want everyone hired to succeed.

Cons

It is tough to get started and really excel as quickly as the opportunity allows just because I was not as driven as I probably should have been, but it is still very doable and becomes really second nature quickly. My commute from Riverside can also be a bear at times, but it really is worth the knowledge and experience I’ve gained. When you are doing well, you are given more hours and more responsibility which does mean more work, more stress, and more time you need to put in, but it is worth all the hard work if you are looking for the benefit of the fast growth.

This position is for the overqualified looking for an opportunity to get better! Growth 101!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing (CA) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One may think obtaining a high level position in the corporate world may mean success and benefits but there is always a necessity for growth and improvement and the glass ceiling keeps us there. This opportunity has no glass ceiling! You can grow as fast or as much as you want! Keep building and growing! More time you out into it, more you get out of it. It takes a humble, self motivated individual to step into a role to learn and grow and build people! This position mentors you into that level! You control how fast or slow you grow!

Cons

Like in any entry level position it takes a bit if being micro-managed and taught and mentored, but that means you are allowed to ask for help even at the highest of levels! That is definately a positive to outweigh a negative!

Keep going! I have been highly motivated by management to excel in life. My dreams have become goals. Smart, focused and measurable goals! All big! But goals that will be attained!

Small growing company where hardworking people are successfully meeting their goals.

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing (CA) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have been providing me with the training to have a successful career with this growing company. Everyone seems to have a great mentality which is why I enjoy working here. The office is very team oriented and people are willing to go out of their way to help us overcome any struggles. Management supports our goals and we have one-on-one review sessions with management to help us become better and make sure we are meeting our goals. Unfortunately not everyone achieves their goals.

Cons

I guess like any other company it can be a bit frustrating when people who don't try their best and quit their goals when it gets too hard.

We like our employee challenges and giveaways, can we have them more often?

Brainwashing at its finest. Don't put yourself through this.

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Vanquish Marketing (CA) full-time

Pros

If you want to be miserable for 2 years of your life in order to own a business where you're constantly coaching miserable people, then more power to you. You should probably just be a therapist.

Cons

If you are an honest person, you have to lie to people for a living.
    You will never be able to have "you" time anymore. You will always be taking phone calls or emailing people with issues even on your "days off" (they are imaginary)
    Retail hours. You're working from 8:45 to 7 or 8 at night, unless you have teammates to take care of or a million problems to solve.
    Working in Costco and Sam's Club is miserable. You are on your feet ALL day and people generally just DON'T want to talk to a salesperson or buy something they genuinely don't need or can't afford.
    You are a salesperson, because at the end of the day you make commission... That is a sales job.
    The pay is never as high as they claim it will be.
    "You control how fast you grow"-- unless you are put on a campaign with a product that nobody wants and you end up making no money... (Rasberry Ketone.. THANKS Dr. OZ)
    If you are living alone, you will NOT make ends meet.

There is nothing wrong with working a corporate job. Stop saying that. If you're good at what you do in the corporate world, you'll make it where you want to go.

I have had the most positive professional experience working with Vanquish Marketing Group. The entire staff is amazing!

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing (CA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is an incredible team oriented environment. Everyone is helpful and extremely focused on helping each other hit their goals both personally and professionally. The culture of the company is so positive, which is probably why their client base and retail partner portfolio is growing so fast! I love being a part of a fast paced successful company.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons, and I have been working with Vanquish for years!

Great Growth Opportunity and Management Training

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing (CA) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They trained me to become a successful campaign manager and I have been able to grow with the company since they promote from within. The entry level phase was short compared to other companies I worked for after graduating from college. I have learned a lot from: training others, to managing, conducting office meetings, conducting interviews, and also public speaking (which was one of my biggest weaknesses that Vanquish has helped me overcome).

Cons

There are a lot of hours that we have to put in, so it can be a bit overwhelming at first. It is a pretty fast learning structure, I was not prepared to learn this much information in such a short period of time.

Morning coffee would be nice.

Will learn a skill set & provided an opportunity

I worked at Vanquish Marketing (CA)

Pros

You are treated like a partner, not an employee. You are challenged to learn and take responsibility quickly. Not a place that will allow you to waste time.

Cons

You will constantly feel challenged which some could see as a "con". But if you want to grow, you have to be willing to do the work to get there!

Ok for high school grad but a slap in the face for the college educated.

I worked at Vanquish Marketing (CA) part-time

Pros

You can learn a lot in the first couple months in direct marketing.

Cons

If you are a college grad, do not settle for this job. You get paid minimum wage and have to bust your butt to barely make commission. Oh and you have to drive to locations that are out of your way and you don't always get compensated for gas.

An opportunity to become a successful business owner.

Current Employee - Campaign Manager
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing (CA) full-time

Pros

Performance Based: Seniority is ranked by those who are willing to work the hardest. You are in complete control of how well you do.
    Positive Environment: Leaders/Management/Mentors are always available for guidance. It is impossible to help fail if you are willing to reach out for help.
    Opportunity: an unbelievable opportunity to open a successful business with all the training provided. All they ask for is time and dedication.

Cons

Time: you will make a lot of time sacrifices but in comparison to what you will gain it is nothing
    Hard work: you will have to give it 100 to see results. Only for individuals that are willing to work hard now for results in an year's time.

Great people Bad company

I worked at Vanquish Marketing (CA)

Pros

Opportunity. Personal growth. Made great friends.

Cons

There are so many things that you are not compensated for. You work all the time. You cant be sick or have any kind of emergency. The Owner/Manager makes the leaders write reviews. They will tell you it is not a sales position and it clearly is. You will be in Sams Club and Costco selling "high-end" products. The pay is minimum wage or commission. Its a great job if you are living with your parents and dont have many bills.

Be honest. Dont have your leaders write ads for you. Pay your employees more for what they do.

Vanquish Marketing (CA) Photos