Vantage Media
www.vantagemedia.com El Segundo, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Vantage Media Reviews

Updated Apr 29, 2014

Patrick Quigley

You get what you put in.

El Segundo, CA

ProsGreat culture, good people, full benefits, work-lief balance. Flexibility in hours and for working remotely. Opportunity to grow within is there, but you have to work hard and push to make it happen.

ConsCommunication of company goal, changes, etc. gets lost between upper management and employees. Things often come as a surprise to everyone not involved in the executive team meetings. Not a lot of structure, sometimes difficult to figure out when people will be available or in the office. General consensus is that salary is on the low end for those below Director level.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to "keep secrets" from lower level employees, it makes some people uneasy to have changes thrown at them with very little time to react or adjust. Make an effort to assess the implications of decisions (operational, client issues, tech changes) before they are made rather than having everyone always reacting to problems that could have been prepared for with a little more time/planning.

Great place to work!

ProsI worked at Vantage full-time for more than 3 years. Intelligent people who are passionate about their jobs, inspiring CEO, amazing culture. Great work-life balance with adequate opportunity for career development.

ConsHard to say any downsides, except they give so much it’s easy to take for granted.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have been happy with management at Vantage Media. My efforts are greatly rewarded.

Smart people, ability to choose your career path

ProsLots of talented and smart people. Good ideas are respected no matter what the seniority level of the person making the suggestion.
    Competitive compensation, including a generous bonus. Flexibility to make your own career path if you make a case for it.

ConsNot a lot of training, more learn on the job and in the role.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake training and reviews less ad hoc

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

El Segundo, CA

Pros- Diverse group of employees
    - Great place to learn from people who have been doing this for over a decade
    - Fast Pace
    - Great training programs (spanish, excel, seminars, etc.)
    - Free Food and Fully Stocked kitchen
    - Opportunity to travel to different places (Miami, Guatemala, San Francisco, etc)
    - Promote a healthy work/life balance
    - Willing to make mistakes and quickly learn from them

Cons- Tech and Business teams are physically separated which can be challenging at times to get quick answers and/or to collaborate

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways remember to stop and enjoy the companies success. Sometimes this can get lost when moving at such a quick pace. Employees like to know when the company is doing well.

I Love Working for Vantage Media

Performance Analytics (Current Employee)
    El Segundo, CA

ProsThere is not a single person at this company that I do not enjoy working with. The atmosphere is very friendly and relaxed. There is a clear vision for growth and the management team works very hard at achieving their goals. The business goals are made very transparent to all employees, as are the bonuses and achievement opportunities. I have worked in this industry for many years, and have never been as proud and satisfied as I am working for Vantage Media.

ConsI honestly do not have any complaints. There has been a transition in the Vantage Media business model and goals over the past 2 years, and I believe that most of the negative reviews I have read are related to the challenges that were faced during this transition. Not all employees were suited for this transition. These transitional challenges are now behind us for the most part, and the sailing has become much smoother

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!!!

Growing company, great opportunities.

ProsSolid team, fun culture. Lots of chance for advancement. Very supportive and smart employees. Great benefits and location. Very high energy and very positive place to work.

ConsMoving fast, need to be able to make quick adjustments. As with most fast-growth companies, can feel like there is more to do than can be done with the resources available.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate the vision.

Willing to invest heavily in their Employees

Senior Director (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThe CEO and the company go out of their way to invest and provide support to individuals to help them build their careers and experience. Vantage is very supportive allowing team members to take risks. While somewhat unstructured at times, everybody is allowed to take ownership of meaningful parts of the business which makes it an exciting place to work.

ConsWhile its unstructured nature allows the company to be nimble and try new things, this can sometimes cause confusion or deter focus from the current strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to merge the company together into one common name, goals, systems and culture. The old culture from the mergers persists, yet people need to let go of the past and fully embrace the future.

Great experience working in BrokersWeb (Vantage Media now)

Online Marketing Intern (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsWork environment, people, values, schedule, perks

Constraining, individualism, corporate leadership, communication

Great people. Great place to work.

Vice President (Former Employee)
    El Segundo, CA

ProsThe senior management team has some very smart members.
    The CEO truly values employee feedback from all levels.
    The company offers a great deal of office perks (free lunches, gym memberships, etc.).

ConsThe company has multiple offices in two countries. This can make communication a little more complicated, but still very manageable.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue building a robust platform that's easily tweaked to better fit new verticals.

Sitting Pretty

Pros1. The people here are amazing- funny, smart, helpful, team oriented, and just fun in general. I might not be as excited to come to work daily as I would to say, sit by a pool in the warm sun drinking cocktails- but I don't mind it and I certainly don't dread it. Being around good people makes life happier and easier. 2.The work life balance in the office is really nice. No one is making you feel like you are punching a time clock, people here get their work done efficiently so that we are not slaves to the office. Are long hours worked? Absolutely- but it is rare that I am planning dinner here, or showing up at 8am. 3. Food chain- not real food, but like management vs. not- this is a place where I think most people feel comfortable to talk business with our CEO. Which I think is really cool, all of upper management is accessible and opened to new ideas, brainstorms, and solutions. 4. We are doing some cool things- launching a new tech platform, branding ourselves further, and constantly growing our client relationships is fun in an atmosphere where people can feel free to be themselves. 5. FOOD- real food this time, our office is full of it, no really about 7 different types of cheeses/deli meats/bread to build your sandwich, all types of yogurt, cereal, fruit, nuts, chips, ice cream, candy- I mean you name it- we got it.

ConsLet's just say I have recommended this company to many of my friends, so I really can't say too much bad.

Worked for Vantage Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vantage Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vantage Media CEO Patrick Quigley. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Vantage Media employees.