Vantiv

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charles D. Drucker

Pros:
  • "Matched 401k, average benefits, tuition reimbursement, company cafe "overpriced" good experience"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Flexible scheduling, enjoyable co-workers, decent pay"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Outside of IT the different call center teams have been slowly moving offshore"
    in 3 reviews
  • "They discourage customer service"
    in 2 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Explosive growth, endless opportunity

Regional Affiliate Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsThere are many great aspects to this company hours, the benefits, the pay, the atmosphere, the rewards, and perks just to name a few. They give you the room to run your individual territory/region like your own business with support of a large corporation behind you.

ConsVantiv is the same as all large companies, changing policies, comp plans, etc mostly industry specific not necessarily to the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to look for fresh talent and help to define clear goals and growth and advancement opportunities

Disappointing company

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

Prosdoes having a Starbucks in the building count as a Pro?

Cons- very long hours
    - very unrealistic work load
    - focus is on quantity, not quality of work
    - we don't do things correctly, we do them quickly and cheaply
    - Vantiv wants to be a world-class software development company, yet the company has a major database on a platform that oracle has not supported for YEARS
    - you only count if you are a contractor or of Asian-Indian descent

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit. The company needs senior management that knows how to manage, knows the importance of being honest with their employees and listens to their staff when they say a new initiative is not working, do not take it into production. Basically we need managers that know how to manage, not strut around like peacocks thinking life is wonderful.

Getting worse everyday.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsI got nothing. Seriously, nothing.

Cons1. Two of the contact center Supervisors are glorified babysitters. They don't even know the systems/calls.
    2. There is little to no communication from upper management, other than "hey we're making money, but we're not sharing it with you".
    3. There is no suggestion system in place; clearly, management could care less what we think.
    4. CEO's salary doubled between 2012 and 2013; majority of contact center got a ten-cent increase.
    5. Management made a big deal about a 360 survey, yet never published the results, let alone an action plan.
    6. Outsourcing..... fraud, IT, customer service. Seriously, the vultures are circling.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together, folks! Apparently you've not read ANY of the studies out there which prove happy employees are productive employees. Courtesy and respect go a long way; you expect it when you haven't earned it, but refuse to give it. How about implementing a suggestion system? How about making sure your supervisors are actually trained and can back up the employees? How about skipping the stale popcorn and generic sodas and give us a livable wage? How about a career path system that actually encourages employees and leads to opportunities for advancement?

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Oh hell no!

Merchant Sales (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsGreat employees on the inside.

ConsLow pay for sales reps. Unrealistic quotas. Sales reps doing things they should not be doing just to try and hit the ridiculous numbers. Crappy compensation plan for 2014. While we understand that the market is changing don't screw your sales force to get there, Sales reps are looked at as the used car salesman of the banking world. Turnover is ridiculously high. No continuity. If I had a friend opening a business I would NOT sell them merchant services. We will screw them over sooner rather than later.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your sales people be professionals. If you want turnover keep doing what you are doing. If you want to cost Fifth Third more business customers keep doing what you are doing.

On the cutting edge of the payments industry

ProsI have been employed with the company for 4 1/2 years and was looking forward to my 5 year anniversary. I was looking forward to retiring at Vantiv. The benefits are on par with most companies that I've worked. The Paid Time Off is far and above the best for any employer where I have worked. The first line managers for whom I have worked were / are the best managers that I've had the privilege with which to work.

ConsLike every young thriving company, if you like change, Vantiv is your place. However, the speed of change within the company is detrimental to the success of the company. Most specifically most of IT is currently being outsourced off-shore. So, if you are in IT, Vantiv is not the place to look for employment at this time, in my opinion. Communication from the senior management to the lowest level is lacking at best. There was a "reorganization" last year to realign IT and there were numerous folks that were Senior level prior and were downgraded from Senior level position. While pay didn't change, the title was still lost.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop replacing senior management every year or so. This amount of change is killing morale and destroying what used to be an awesome company for which to work. If the research was accurately completed, you should have found that most every case study for shipping IT off-shore has failed miserably, unless you are looking at only short term benefits. And if that is the case, fine, but you are doing more damage to the future of this company than you realize. When you bring those positions back on-shore, you will find it will cost the company considerably more than what you would have spent keeping the employees you have removed from the company.

You're valuable as long as you're the top salesperson. As soon as you drop to #2, you're decent.

Regional Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsFlexibility, allowed to price freely within reason.

ConsThey discourage customer service. It's just the industry, I suppose -- but you're value to the company depends on how much revenue you generate and how many widgets you bring in.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some interest in supporting career advancement...or at least pretend to...

Stay as far away as possible.

ProsFlexible working locations, good salary, good vacation time,white nose in hq which helps you not hear all the management BS.

ConsFI RM group is clueless. Management team is run by a previous finance employee who has no idea how to manage people or clients. Demotions, fear of dismissals drive group. LOB will be sold after all clients leave for better service, cheaper pricing at Fiserv, JHA and FIS.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell FI management team to stop all the back stabbing and office politics and learn how to treat clients and employees.

Not at all what I was told it was like

Regional Account Executive (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGood benefits, great PTO, training was good also. Technology and products headed in the right direction

ConsNo direction, they only care about making $$.. They back office has no idea what is going on. Customer support gives clients the run around. Managment is not interested in you, they just care about how much $$ you make

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed help

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Initially It was a good company that seemed to care, then they shipped jobs out of the U. S.

Support Specialist (Current Employee)
    Florence, KY

ProsGood benifits, friendly atmosphere, friendly co-workers

Constoo many people in an area, crowded work spaces.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the jobs in the U. S. and do not crowd the employees

Disappointing. Not a career stop I am proud of.

Manager (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsTremendous business model with significant upside. Compensation at middle and upper management is fair. Merchant business has its head screwed on straight from a strategic perspective. Issuing business appears lost.

ConsExecutive management is clueless except for their restrictive stock grants. Simply look at the public insider trading data to see how outrageously overcompensated they are and how they are grossly benefiting at the expense of us minions. Work culture is horrible. Some executives wrote wrote the book on micro-management. It is their way or no way. Incredibly long hours and fast paced. My boss has no regard for work family balance. Unless you want to sell your soul to the devil, don't join us. Now that bonuses are paid, we are leaving in droves.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverhaul the 4th floor. Take morale and the culture seriously rather than pester us to take the Cincinnati Enquirer employee survey and then do nothing (not even publishing the results) to address the opportunities.

Worked for Vantiv? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vantiv reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vantiv CEO Charles D. Drucker. All 60 reviews posted anonymously by Vantiv employees.