Vantiv Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
Charles D. Drucker

Pros
  • Pay and benefits are competitive (in 3 reviews)

• decent pay, benefits and work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Not one person of color is in upper management (in 6 reviews)

• Vantiv carries forward the culture of the Fifth Third mother company, which was never good (in 4 reviews)

1. okay

Current Employee - Kentucky in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Kentucky in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Vantiv

Pros

nice facility breakroom clean well kept

Cons

the pay is too low

Advice to Management

none

2. Data Science

I have been working at Vantiv full-time

Pros

Big company, great opportunity for simplistic Data Science solutions that allow to save another cent on transactions or make a simple ad-hoc estimates for managers to help attracting new customers. If you are happy with simple stuff, or you are able to come up with a sophisticated new data-based product, and you can prove that the potential revenue for this product will be better than simply romancing with another big customer, and you are able to explain this not just to your manager, but a few managers of your manager scattered across the country, then it is your place.

Cons

The company is growing vary fast, and not always keeps promises acquiring partners. The numbers (e.g. revenue) is more important than the people. The management is the first priority, and those who does real work are on the background. Many managers for technology related work do not have the corresponding technology background.

Advice to Management

Company has "talent care" among the priorities , but needs more real examples to support that statement., especially if the "talent" is doing work, not just planning it.

Good Fit Here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Vantiv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I feel that Vantiv has treated me well and respectful during my four years with the company especially since I came from another industry all together. I interviewed the first week the company had moved into the new space so I don't have any carry over from the old "regime." I also like the fact that my work has been noticed and I've been slated to receive future stocks in the company.

Cons

Sometimes its very difficult to change the mindset of the old "regime" and introduce new ideas but they are slowing coming around.

Advice to Management

Ask questions and then listen to the answers. You can't fix everyone's concerns but not acknowledging them makes employees feel like there's a black hole to the feedback loop. I'd also suggest that a formal employee engagement team be set up to enhance the employee experience.

5. meh

I worked at Vantiv

Pros

It was alright ,slow advancement

Cons

Turtle ladder,slow to promote, boring

6. Disaster!

I worked at Vantiv

Pros

Nice cafeteria. Modern building. Some helpful employees. Decent PTO. Everything else is just hot air

Cons

Senior Management does not know how to manage. Whether it is people projects Disrespectful environment. No place to build a career. If you are desperate for a job take it and milk it for all its worth. Its going down south fast

Advice to Management

Fire yourself

7. Mergers and Acquisition

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Vantiv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits for employees, including competitive salary. Growing company with lots of opportunities for advancements. Supportive of work/life balance.

Cons

Growing pains of doing many acquisitions and trying to merge and consolidate. Lots of black tape when trying to make changes to known broken products. processes, etc.

Advice to Management

You don't know what you had until it is gone. With so much growth resulting in downsizing be more diligent with acquisitions to not be left doing layoffs causing a ripple effect to so many.

8. Just don't work here. Too much stress.

Former Employee - Fraud Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Fraud Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Vantiv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is hard to think of some. I guess maybe that they hire younger people and give them a chance without previous experience? 401K, holiday pay and overtime. Vantiv has some pretty great employees but they are overlooked.

Cons

Management is a joke in the entire contact center. Except maybe one or two managers who actually care about their jobs. The managers also do not get along with each other or their employees. I was there for almost 3 years and I have only seen the CEO maybe 4 times? Not sure he cares too much. It is a really childish place to work, and they reward you with bottled water and pizza. The raises are horrible, and they promise promotions that are never given. I have also watched Temporary Employees never get hired, or they wait a couple years to hire them. Unethical.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to stop hiring unqualified, petty managers that are not interested in helping their employees grow. Do a little more screening....Also, stop promoting arrogant employees as team leads, etc...

9. Good launching pad for a sales/business career

Current Employee - Regional Account Executive
    Current Employee - Regional Account Executive

I have been working at Vantiv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is very competitive in the market place so its easy to sell. Bank Partners are a good and bad thing depending on if they are actively referring or not. You can make a decent living $60-$70 fairly easy if you work at it.

Cons

Zero upward mobility in the organization. If you don't get hired in as management you won't ever be management. Saw lots of people get hired into leadership roles from outside the company. Constant comp plan changes. Compensation in this industry is supposed to be residual based, and Vantiv only pays 2 year off an accounts residual. Customer service suffers because of this because once a client is over a 30 mark you as a sales person can't go back and add additional products onto their account. Deals can get taken if you sign them and it was a lead they wanted you to send it into a different department in which if it closes you get nothing for it.

Advice to Management

Promote from within. Have better communication within the departments and take the handcuffs off your sales people.

Going downhill fast

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

I have been working at Vantiv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a very large company, so there is some security in that. In Lowell they let us keep the golf league (for now). Work-life balance is OK, but only if you're willing to give up on being seen as a rock star. Management likes to see you stay late because it looks good, not because there is real work to be accomplished after hours. They do offer a small amount of tuition reimbursement, but it's not easy to get.

Cons

Middle management is clueless. There are absolutely no steps being taken to foster career growth among employees. Compensation is just OK. They find ways to take away bonus whenever possible. Internal communication is terrible. The culture that existed at Litle (even after Vantiv made the purchase) is basically gone now and employees are leaving the company in droves.

Advice to Management

Clean up middle management. Knock out all the fluffy corporate propaganda and four hour all-hands meetings that are just a . Show employees how to advance their careers and take it seriously.

11. Not Recommended

I have been working at Vantiv full-time

Pros

Base pay and bonuses for most are more than competitive. Great 401(k) match. Lots of really good people in the trenches.

Cons

There's not enough money to work at Vantiv. Lots of new initiatives where everything is a priority and nothing gets done. Senior management team is out of touch with what's really happening and doesn't seem to care. They listen to a small group of "yes" men/women and believe their own press versus listening to their work force. The really talented people are leaving and management doesn't seem to care. Although there is a lot of talk regarding transforming the company, nothing's really happening that makes a difference. Lots of org changes which is confusing for all.

Advice to Management

Get the right leadership in place and listen to what people are saying. Lots of people share their issues and concerns so take a few of the big ones and solve them.

RSS Feed </> Embed