Vantiv Reviews

Updated September 28, 2014
Updated September 28, 2014
1.9

Charles D. Drucker

Pros
  • Pay and benefits are competitive (in 3 reviews)

• Matched 401k, average benefits, tuition reimbursement, company cafe "overpriced" good experience (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Not one person of color is in upper management (in 6 reviews)

• Until recently, Vantiv was basically Fifth Third with a new paint job (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Extremely Disappointing Company to Work For

Former Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Vantiv full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Onsite Cafeteria is actually good and convenient.
    -Compensation is good relative to the market.
    -Interview Process was brief, easy and turnaround time on the offer was quick.

Cons

-Despite talent and potential, the organization is lacking in directional leadership and as a result, folks attempt to obtain solo achievements vs. Company-wide achievements.

-It is difficult to obtain information from other groups to do your job. For whatever reason, people are reluctant to share information.

-You must constantly be careful about authorship of work if you want to receive credit; in such a fast pace environment work product can lose ownership quickly with others obtaining it and owning it as their own.

-The parking situation is not good at all; once you get to the location, it can sometimes take you 10 minutes to get to your desk. In addition, your car is highly susceptible to bumps, scrapes, and dings while parked on location since lots, while exclusive, blend together with tenants from other buildings.

-The annual review process is arduous and provides little value to employees in terms of actual areas they can improve upon.

Harness the leadership in place.

Dishonest, terrible company to work for.

Former Employee - Vice President in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Vice President in Mason, OH

I worked at Vantiv full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The cost of living in Mason, OH is very affordable.

Cons

I recently left the Company, formerly a VP at Vantiv. I'm so happy to be gone from there. Honestly it was my worst experience with an employer in my numerous years of experience. The executive I worked for, while friendly, was a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants executive, and lacked any sense of strategy, direction, technical knowledge, or even familiarity with my department. This was not what I expected from a public company executive.

Further, Vantiv has been without an HR executive for quite some time. The company's culture and communication are completely directionless. As employees, we kept hearing "we just don't think we have the right talent" (referring to the employee base) - wow executives, doesn't that go for you too?

Last but not least, Vantiv CLAIMS to have a single processing platform within their 10K - public investors beware!

Overhaul the executive management team, hire an HR executive, and bring some honesty and integrity to claims about the processing platform.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Finance in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Finance in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Vantiv full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great opportunity
    - Great pay
    - Great leadership team
    - Solid business model
    - Culture of rewarding a strong player

Cons

- Fast paced working environment and it’s not for everyone
    -High performance expectation

I truly enjoyed working at Vantiv. The leadership team is phenomenal. I loved the culture of rewarding a high performer, focusing on the development of employees and strong women’s initiative. I hope the management team will keep the great culture.

Call Center Work Disguised as Finance/IT

Former Employee - Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Vantiv full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free coffee, slightly above average pay, onsite cafeteria (albeit ludicrously overpriced).

Cons

No training whatsoever. Totally unsupportive management. Zero work/life balance. The PTO looks generous, until you realize that you'll never be allowed to take it, and you lose it at the end of the year. Wretched culture. Constant outsourcing/offshoring.

Invest in your employees. Pick a direction and commit to it. Develop a plan. Stop sacrificing long term stability in favor of short term gains

For Women in technology- a company to avoid

I worked at Vantiv full-time

Pros

Nothing to write about really

Cons

If you are a woman in technology you will not be taken seriously. You really don't matter. Your male colleagues will be looked to for advice. Hardly any women in IT leadership. Takes ages for a woman to get a promotion. Your male colleagues sneeze and will be promoted

Women matter. We bring some of the best ideas. So Listen! Promote! Hire more women engineers. Lastly change the culture to value and appreciate women in technology

solid

Former Employee - Merchant Sales
    Former Employee - Merchant Sales

I worked at Vantiv full-time (less than an year)

Pros

n/a, just average company to work

Cons

n/a, nothing bad but nothing exceptional

You are only a number.

Former Employee - Engineer in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Engineer in Mason, OH

I worked at Vantiv full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are competitive. Bonus is also in play.

Cons

The company does a poor job with developing talent. You are the only one that is looking out for your career.

Management is more concerned with cost than quality. People are numbers.

Not an environment that any sane person can work in.

Current Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Vantiv full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay and benefits. with very easy work, as we are unable to run big projects.

Cons

Very hierarchical. Employee opinion does not matter. Business gets what they want and executives get what they want at the expense of regular employees. Outdated systems and new modernization isn't working well either.

Your methodologies are not working. Calling offshore partners, when all you need is a few code monkeys is ridiculous. Cut the sugar coating and for once be transparent and say that you need to get things cheaper. Openness should begin the with you. One final note, stop saying that employees are resisting change. We are trying to accept change, it is your clueless ideas about managing resources and projects that are bringing down the morale. Stop using and changing buzz words. We know that you know nothing.

Review of Vantiv

I have been working at Vantiv

Pros

Free Coffee. Onsite cafeteria. Some flexibilty with schedules/time off. Hiring of more experts in outsourcing does not bode well for long term outlook for current employees.

Cons

New upper management lacks listening and observation skills and their ability to move forward is impaired because of it. Offshore resources that replaced seasoned employees unable to keep up with the pace, i.e. huge learning curve. Morale is low, especially heading into the busiest time of year.

Just remember your place...

I have been working at Vantiv full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits when you can use them (most people have unused days of PTO come the end of the year), Pay is slightly better than most places, the junior level of staffers are highly trained and skilled in their areas of expertise.

Cons

Training is a joke, most employees do not have a full comprehensible understanding of how and what the company does to generate revenue. Even though they hire talented people they give them no real responsibility (Sr. Management has to sign off on pretty much everything) and do not trust them/challenge them to excel, which stifles individual growth. There is no strategic vision of where the company is going in 6 months let alone 3 years (see recent acquisitions that make sense overall but were not part of the earning calls and go directly opposite of what they have been preaching to the street. The budgeting process is laughable, which inturn causes major problems with project deployment and ROI calculations. If you think you are going to get career growth here, I would advise looking somewhere else. Overall the internal politics of this place will be it's downfall until certain key leaders are removed/leave.

Focus on where the company needs to go and communicate that. Too much time is spent on individual pet projects that are all done in the vein of customer enhancements. Pick a course, develop a plan, and if a project does not fall into the vertical it doesn't move forward. Listen to your staff's, realize that people in the room with less years of experience may have better ideas than people that have been in this vertical their entire career. Also give the people some room to breath, when everyone is dreading going into the office on Monday (if you are in IT, you probably have spent all weekend in the office anyway) realize you have a morale problem and really address it. Asking people to give everything they have, including their family/personal time constantly you are just asking for people to be unhappy.