Vantos Reviews

1 Rating

Nice but had issues

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Vantos full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Learned a great deal from others. Close to Food and transit

Cons

Consistent pay issues pay issues with no real explanation. Also no explanation on how long the issues were going to last

Tell employees what is going on.

Leave your self esteem at the door

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Vantos full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good engineers. Camaraderie forged from adversity. Surprisingly good pay. Opportunities to do cool stuff. Occasional micromanagement is limited by senior management's short attention span.

Cons

Lack of direction. Lack of transparency. Absence of trust. No technical leadership or vision. Monthly tantrums from senior management. Lots of wasted effort on "sure thing"s that go nowhere. Deep and overwhelming sense of doom.

What can I say? Let the board know what's really going on.

A software position at Vantos is an okay job, but not much of a career due to leadership issues.

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Vantos full-time (more than an year)

Pros

SDE's will be making software that will be used by customers almost immediately, with little oversight. You'll be writing code 90% of the time on the job, and will have time to learn the numerous technologies the company uses. Decent pay. Fun coworkers.

Cons

Requirements and priorities will change frequently due to vaguely defined agreements with customers so a lot of the code you write may be pointless. The business model seemed to devolve to "do anything for money" as time went on (even if producing it costs more than the payment, or it has nothing to do with the long-term vision of the company) so the companies future seems problematic. Raises and promotions were sparse among employees during my time there. After I left, employees reported issues getting paid, on one instance for around 8 weeks. Technical leadership/vision at the company is non-existant, which is problematic at a tech start-up.

See cons.

Sinking ship, idiot captain.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Vantos

Pros

Good engineers. Good work relationships. Good location to leave for lunch and escape the craziness that breezes in once a month and screws everything up. Nice view of Pioneer Square.

Cons

Horrible executives. Really the worst. No consistency. No understanding of market or technology. No ability to think. No ability to lead. No desire to tell the truth.

Get another job. Please. Nothing much more to say but there is a 20 word minimum in this little box.

Great coworkers, awful management

I worked at Vantos

Pros

I worked with some really great people at Vantos. Smart, customer focussed engineers who are graceful and strong in the face of manufactured adversity. I would work with any of the engineers again.

Cons

This company has serious problems with its executive management. ALL of the technology focussed executive management left the company without replacements. The remaining management team seems very unstable.

Please consider bringing in help to enhance or replace yourselves. I don't see how you can reach your dreams of being a self sustaining company with the executive management you have.