Varec

Varec Reviews

Updated Mar 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great opportunity with high demand

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsAutonomy, benefits, great staff, great management, external opportunities

ConsTravel can be taxing, personal growth, internal opportunities.

This place was crazy!

Developer (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

Pros- The majority of employees have their own offices
    - child company of SAIC
    - When its slow its slow. When you are busy- you are super busy!

Cons- very disrespectful environment
    - unfair working arrangements
    - constant micro management
    - managers speak down to employees and its considered normal and is accepted
    - very unorganized!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as humans with respect. If there are issues quit with the passive aggressiveness and handle it professionally. When the entire company functions this way- it makes for a bad working environment. All managers or leadership needs to take diversity training classes since they have not a clue to what can be interpreted as offensive.

Worst company I've ever worked for

ProsFlexible work hours, the benefits are decent.

ConsLittle room for advancement, lack of professionalism, disrespectful. Some of these people are complete sociopaths. No joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A dead-end

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are decent and the hours are somewhat flexible.

ConsNo leadership. No sense of community unless you work hard to make your own.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that engineers aren't always the best persons to make business decisions.

My experience at Varec was sufficient for a stepping stone.

Help Desk Analyst Teir I/II (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe only reason to work at varec DoD side is its friendliness towards Veterans. It offers a more than competitive salary for transitioning prior military.

ConsVarec's DoD side of things is not very career oriented. There is very little room for advancment beyond Senior analyst. Management and their lack of communication or social skills only serve to enhance an already poor work environment. The favoritism towards those that share certain social interests in such a small work place only serve to magnify underlying issues. There is a sharp lack of professionalism in practice and performance in reference to problem resolutions as well as adressing issues of the employees. The HR department is less than functional in resolving any issues. The company as a whole does a disservice to SAIC of which it is connected.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the Management of Varec. Listen more feverently to the employees. The company is small enough to embrace a more familial environment. With such standards in place instead of employees haveing to deal with the corporate face, they will work till they bleed for you with no problem. Review the 10 minute manager and monitor your investments in your employees. There really are some gems.

Very Chaotic Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is associated with SAIC, so benefits are good.

ConsVery chaotic place. It seems like everybody is running around to put out fire.

Worked for Varec? Contribute to the Community!