Varipoint Reviews

Updated February 9, 2015
13 reviews filtered by
2.6
CEO

1. Good entry level job to build sales skills.

I have been working at Varipoint

Pros

Training, coworkers, work environment. The money can be very good if you work for it.

Cons

Working Saturdays, hours are kinda Long, but my days usually went quickly.

Advice to Management

Try to be a little more transparent during interview process.

2. pyramid scheme

I worked at Varipoint

Pros

-nothing good to say about varipoint

Cons

-total pyramid scheme. door to door cable saleman but they get you in the door by saying it's a marketing company

Advice to Management

Straight out of the MLM playbook

Former Employee - Junior Executive Manager Trainee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Junior Executive Manager Trainee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Varipoint full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Valuable life lesson to stay away from places like this business.

Cons

use your own gas to peddle the product
    comission only
    door to door sales most likely with people who don't want to hear your pitch

Advice to Management

They won't change because MLM companies only have one way to profit. Prey on employees and have them use their own resources for the company. If the fail then the employee didn't work hard enough. If they do well then you tell them to open their own office and repeat the cycle.

Absolutely Horrible Don't Waste Your Time!!

I worked at Varipoint (less than a year)

Pros

The Employees were nice that was pretty much it

Cons

Long hours, unsafe neighborhoods, door to door, straight commission, I could go on and on of why this company sucks

Advice to Management

Tell your people in the interviews that this is a straight up door to door position and that it is commission only. Don't tell them over the phone that your going to be SALARY and make 35 - 40 thousand a year. Terrible best thing I ever did was leave and go back to my old job, this place is a joke and nothing but a SCAM!

A fun management training program!

I worked at Varipoint

Pros

I got more life experience out of this job than anything else I've done in my life. I left to complete my undergraduate degree in engineering but I might just come back to this company afterwards. I learned a lot about communication and using sales in my everyday life. My social life went through the roof while being employed at this job because of the sales experience haha and the management training is the center piece of my résumé now

Cons

The cons would be different for every person. For me, I'm an awkward person so the sales didn't come as easily for me but luckily everyone was super friendly enough to give me lots of help that I ended up doing really well!

Also, some people may not like the 100% commission option so they might pick the salary plus partial commission option but you end up making a lot more money doing 100% commission because the superior product was really easy to sell!

Advice to Management

Maybe try to streamline the interview process because I didn't know how awesome the company was until I started!

7. Great Learning Experience!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Pitts, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Pitts, PA

I worked at Varipoint full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Varipoint has a very positive environment and your coworkers are always there to bring you up when you are feeling down. The people at Varipoint are very friendly and welcoming and I have made some life-long friends here. There are also lots of travel opportunities and fun events like Pens games! I also liked that there was a commission option, and also a base plus a commission option (because at first I wasn't really comfortable with full commission only).

Cons

When I accepted the position at Varipoint, I knew that the Verizon campaign was door-to-door and since I have never done that before I wanted to try something new. This might be a con for some people, but I really enjoyed not being stuck behind a desk all day. Even though this position was not for me long term, I was able to use the skills I acquired to land a job in Graphic Design!!

PYRAMID SCHEME - WASTE OF TIME

I worked at Varipoint full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was lied to from start to finish. Employees are fun sometimes, but I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Cons

DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THIS COMPANY SAYS - IT IS FAKE, A SCAM, FRAUD, AND PEOPLE DO NOT PROGRESS UNLESS THEY LIE TO YOU ABOUT THIS "OPPORTUNITY" - THE OWNER DOESNT EVEN SHOW UP FOR MOST DAYS! LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE AND OTHERS. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

I was told over the phone that the average SALARY for the job was 30-40k per year. During the interview the guy told me there are "bonuses." Later I find out its FULL COMMISSION, and even that NEVER added up right. I NEVER got a paycheck that was what I was supposed to make. After almost 3 weeks there, I hadnt even received a paycheck. It is clear from the other posts on here that this happens frequently (except for the two that were obviously written by the manager people)

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. YOU WILL LEAVE EMPTY HANDED AND IN DEBT!

Advice to Management

Be honest and upfront throughout the interview process and with your employees. BE THERE.

Do not waste your time

I worked at Varipoint full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You will never have an experience like this that can train you for the real world. If you can learn to be successful doing this, you can succeed anywhere.

Cons

You will train well over 150 hours and get paid 50$. You will spend 6 hours a day going door in territory that has already been worked.

Advice to Management

Give your employees some sort of a salary.

RUNAWAY!!!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Varipoint full-time

Pros

There are not positive things about working for a CULT

Cons

NO ONE MAKES MONEY!!!! Everyone lives together bc they are all so poor. New starts don't see their first pay check until after 3 weeks(3 weeks no pay, NO THANKS). The position is 100% commission and you work 60+ hrs a week! Everyone you work with is fake bc they need you there in order to get to the top(management). Also they say the management training program only takes 12-18 months, most people I talked it took 2 years or longer. There are also people still working there that have been there for 2+ years and have made no progress to closer to management. Every morning you are required to come to the office for morning meetings, where you are required to stand for 2 hours at a time. IT IS A CULT and A SCAM! Honestly be smart DO NOT work for Varipoint, it was the worst decision I ever made and the worst job I ever had!!!!!

Varipoint Response

Dec 5, 2013CEO

I'd first like to personally apologize to you that you ever felt like our work relationship was "fake" and that our intentions as a company wrongfully hurt you in any way. That is not how I run ... More

Dictate your own success

Current Employee - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Varipoint full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Zero micro management. Most of day is spent working with different people face to face. No 2 days are alike!! Fun environment and great team to work with. Develop entrepreneurial skills with out having to pay for a degree!

Cons

If you lack in work ethic it may be difficult to make money

Advice to Management

More travel opportunity and bonuses would be cool