Varonis Systems

YAKI FAITELSON

System Engineer

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

Great product, very team oriented, if you are willing to work hard leadership will always help you

Cons

I have seen several reviews of Varonis where they say that management pushes you to hard, and that's just not true. Its a sales environment so there is always going to be a push, but management is always there to help.

As the company grows keep the family vibe that exists within the company

Varonis is a fast paced, up and coming super power and shows no signs of slowing down.

Current Employee - TSE Tier II  in  Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - TSE Tier II in Morrisville, NC

Pros

Great flexibility and consistency. Incredible work environment.

Cons

Inexperienced management. They do not communicate well between each other which causes a lot of confusion.

Good place to learn the cold call trade

Former Employee - Inside Sales
    Former Employee - Inside Sales

Pros

Product sells itself. Some really talented folks come through the doors. A great place to learn the tech space and the people who work there are ambitious.

Cons

Only the strong survive. Undergoing some growing pains in it's first year as public company.

Empower your middle management to create change.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Varonis

Pros

Nothing- the team at Varonis isn't helpful and could care less about employees.

Cons

Metric oriented senior management is terrible

Change

Fast paced! Great place to challenge yourself, learn and grow

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

They are the leader in the unstructured data governance space. These are great skills to acquire and many companies look to us as advisors. Coworkers are all very talented and willing to assist when needed. Company promotes from within and recognizes/rewards hard work. Decent work-life balance. Management doesn't micro manage.

Cons

Very fast paced. There is no hand holding. You will be expected to get up to speed and contribute quickly. Frequent updates and new products require you to constantly learn new things and stay up to date on new technologies.

None

Lazies and Unmotivated need not apply!

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

I chose to join this company because it has great products and vision. The founding members are extremely driven, motivated and actually cares about it's people. Recognizes talent and dedication and promotes from within. Fosters learning and persistence to improve both personally and professionally. Great management and work culture. Emphasis on work/life balance.

Cons

For a company that is "On Fire!" comes minor growing pains that management is working hard to overcome. I've only been with the company a short time so not all the skeletons may be out of the closet.

Use the new found resources wisely to address both product shortcomings as well as internal growing pains. Keep up the good work!

3 years and counting at Varonis

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

Pros

Fast-paced. CLEAR market leader. Solid products that are developed quickly. Exciting and growing market. The company constantly promotes from within. Executive Management is accessible. Autonomy. No politics. Very little red tape. Above average employees. This company and the people that thrive here are all about getting things done and everything else is secondary.

Cons

As with any software company, it's difficult to find the right balance between improving existing products vs. introducing new revenue streams via new products. Very metrics-driven - which I don't mind but some do. When a company is growing at the pace of Varonis it can be challenging for some aspects of the company to keep pace with revenue. For example, new hire training is solid and thorough but it is a little ad-hoc and not as formal as some would expect.

Stick to the strategy. It is working. A little more internal top-down communication wouldn't hurt.

Great products, somewhat soulless company...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The company offers a great family of products, making it easy to 'drink the Cool-Aid', so you really believe what you're saying when pitching/selling. Most of the staff are really terrific people.

Cons

The management is all about the numbers. The CEO is somewhat tyrannical, without much personality. He is often found roaming around the office barking at people "How many calls today? How many meetings did you schedule? How many ..." There is no 'human touch' to the place, so it feels pretty soulless.

Care a little more about the people, a little less about the numbers! You have great products, and they will sell even better if your staff love their jobs and feel that the company cares about them as people, not just automaton selling machines.

Nightmarish place to work if you value quality of life

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

None but the product is amazing and will do well solely because it works

Cons

Everything! I was hired in an emerging market for this company working with a team of inexperienced confused morons. The sad thing is I took a pay cut to join the firm solely based on the fact that I knew this product would do well. Cause to be honest it is a great product. Sadly if you love being micromanaged and having everyone backstabbing you just to get ahead then this is for you! I would never ever recommend anyone take a job with this place! I am desperately looking for a new job as we speak and am looking so forward to the day I can quit this place. I have been a sales rep for many years and have done very well for myself doing so but be careful here and please read your commission plan carefully cause what I was told and what I was given once I signed up we're two different things! It was nearly 20k less that I was initially told for a OTE! The sad part is they hire mostly Eastern Europeans and college kids who don't know what they should be getting paid so they use the same philosophy on experienced folks and expect them to be ok with that! And what's worse is they pay less yet expect more from you in regards to workload! This job will eat up every waking moment of your life and in return give you peanuts! What makes it worse is the folks that work here at least in my market have no idea how to be warm or even friendly with their coworkers so I can't even say at least I work with great people! I am looking forward to the day I sever all ties with them........ Hopefully it's soon enough I don't have to even list this horrible decision on my resume.

Stop the matrix'ing bs and fire certain managers and reps who are completely unprofessional and have no business managing anyone.

Intense culture, lots of pressure, fast-paced, with lots of opportunity to advance

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

If you are willing to work hard, hard enough to really be in the top few percent, there are opportunities to advance. You can be promoted in 5-8 months. There is a fair bit of training, which the company is slowly improving.

The CEO is a real visionary. He's remarkably passionate and motivated and it's inspiring to work at his company.

Cons

The pressure-cooker environment isn't for everyone. It gets exhausting, particularly without any form of reward (bonus, presents to employees, trips, team-building, etc). The quotas are set very aggressively, with little consideration of what is realistic, which makes it very frustrating and difficult to assess performance.

Management has little patience for under-achievers, despite the lack of training.

Give your employees additional support, teaching them how to fish, instead of fishing for them. Also, hire people who have experience managing, instead of promoting within. And if you do promote from within, send them to training, and build an official forum for employees to give feedback to their management, and vice-a-versa.

Worked for Varonis Systems? Contribute to the Community!