Vatterott College Reviews

1. Part=time Associate

Former Employee - Softskills Trainer
    Former Employee - Softskills Trainer

I worked at Vatterott College

Pros

Fairly decent pay rate compensation. Curriculum easy to lead.

Cons

Students did not take their classroom role seriously

2. just don't

I have been working at Vatterott College

Pros

Unappreciated member of the work force. Should you like micro management. this is for you.

Cons

Gorilla, gestapo "management" at its micro managing best. Supposed corporate structure runs the show from the ivory palace, they are out of touch with reality.

One star only because this site required it

Keep the free thinkers with a thought process on board...get rid of the 'CEO' and the other corporate dead wood. When asking individuals campuses for input head and consider the advice rather than immediately chastise. How they have stayed in business while employing their current "business model" is beyond all rality.

3. Unfair employee treatment

I worked at Vatterott College

Pros

I loved working with students and loved to watch them change through their career training.

Cons

If you want to work for a company that appreciates your hard work and commitment don't work at Vatterott College

Appreciate your employees that work hard and make a difference in your company.

5. Current Employee

I have been working at Vatterott College full-time

Pros

Laid-back atmosphere, friendly co-workers, flexible schedule allowed...nice to have holidays off

Cons

No breaks or semesters, corporate & management constantly changing....only care about admissions and enrollments and the bottom line.

Care more about employees

6. Adjunct Instructor

Current Contractor - Adjunct Instructor
    Current Contractor - Adjunct Instructor

I have been working at Vatterott College as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Teaching part time, pay was Okay for part time work

Aug 2013 to July 2014

I taught in two different programs part time and substituting. I am semi retired and was looking for something to do. Pay was Okay for a part time job no benefits as I was basically a contractor. >This threw a red flag up right away< Corporate (or so I was told) wanted me to change my resume after they offered me the job for their credentialing purposes I said no, my resume is what it is. I have a college degree and over 25 years in the automotive/diesel field what is there to change?

The hiring official became the campus director and never left her office and managed via email, she has since moved on. The two people I dealt with for administrative and contract/pay where really great (both left). When I was not needed for a term (10 Weeks) I was carried on a substitute list and I taught on average couple times per month as someone was sick or was gone. The department program directors (immediate supervisor) where okay, one has left. In the course of my time working there they wanted more adjunct instructors vs full time instructors, I met a few instructors that were not qualified but where hired and then they quit or was fired (I am unsure which)

The replacement for the two great people came in and changed the way things where run. (Okay got that new person) I got called in and agreed to substituted for 3 weeks. I never got paid because the new person deleted me out of the system and took me off the substitute list. I contacted the new person and got the run around and that person would not respond my calls or emails. It was like I had done something wrong, which I had not. After two weeks of no response I went to the director who said she would fix it, a week goes by and I have to call her to find out what was being done she transfer me to the new person that would not respond to me so I ask what I did wrong and if I need to contact the corporate office, the person tells me it is being working on it and asked me what hours I worked. I then contacted the corporate office and told them what was going on, they listened but that was all. Mean while I get another call to come and substitute. I spoke with the new person again and said I am getting calls to work from the program directors but I am not going to work until I get paid. I told him my next call was to the department of labor, two days later a check was fed ex'd. I am not sure if it was the right amount as it did not have a break down of my hours like I normally would get. After may phone calls and emails and stopping by, I was finally able to get this issue resolved, I could not imagine what it would have been like if I had to have that money to make rent or something. It took from May until Mid July to resolve.

Just received a call about substituting again and I said ok, now three days latter they call and tell me I need to reapply for the job with application, resume and everything. They called me what to heck? Also the new person is now the campus director go figure.

If you want to work where there is no consistency in policy, management treats you like you did something wrong when you haven't and take a chance on not getting paid and filling out an application every couple weeks this would be the place for you.

7. Up Top

I worked at Vatterott College full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is good if you are willing to give your life up.

Cons

YOu have no life at all.

8. Average job

I worked at Vatterott College

Pros

You are left to yourself to do what you want

Cons

Not a lot of support from the corporate office

9. It was great when I first started, once the new CEO who has been there for the past 6 years came it was hell!!!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Vatterott College full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

None, other than some of the employees were nice to work with

Cons

The craziest CEO in the world to work for...... if you were not in her inner circle you were disposable...... all of her inner circle minions were over paid and lazy and only their for socializing.... I heard she hired some people for corporate positions that was her dog walker........the only person I knew who would fire you and rehire you as long as you did whatever she asked you to do......I thought slavery was over a long time ago.... and who hires a securty team to walk in the school halls ........ I thought Obama was coming to the building

Get rid of the CEO she is batty crazy

10. education coordinator

Current Employee - Education Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Education Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Vatterott College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good pay and great co-workers

Cons

bad management, there is a lot of turn over in the company and switching of managers

Listen to your employees, let people try to make a change before letting them go.

Only take a job here if you need to, but keep looking if you do

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Vatterott College full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I want to stay positive and put this job behind me, but I want to also help others know what they are really getting into if they take a job here.

Pros: you get a paycheck

Cons

First, I believe a job is what you make it and what you focus on. If you are not happy somewhere, work through it and change your attitude or move on. While there I preached to work hard and you will be rewarded. Unfortunately, I was wrong. (I left on my own, and it is night and day between Vatterott and my new position)

I'm not sure where to start. In my time here I reported to more bosses than years I have worked here, team restructuring is over 2x my years working here, there is very little stability, my pay was at-least $20k under what I should be making, the vacation package is what I had when I was fresh out of a "real" school, I see posts about chances to move up on glass door and that is not the case at the corp level, there is a constant churn of employees -regardless if they are talented or not, very high school mentality that starts from executives, micro-management is an understatement, some individuals add zero value or doing jobs that they are are not qualified for, decisions are made on emotions not logic (from the top), mentality that your expertise does not matter, lack of planning, they moniter your career builder account to watch for updates, in the past couple years they have gone through: 3 COO, CFO, CMO, VP of Marketing, 2 VPs of Finance, countless lawyers, Campus Directors and Director of Admissions, Feels like income is more important than education. For you to even accept a job you are required to sign away rights, they lost a $5million dollar lawsuit in 2013 for lies to a past student and I hear that it is not the first time, don't ever expect to hear "good job", (your goals are always a moving target -more so than normal) you feel like you could loose your job any day (even when you are doing good and working hard), A "C-title" person will belittle you in front of peers and say negative things about others (regardless of that person's title), if you give notice expect to be treated unprofessionally, they hide numbers from employees so you do not know how the company is doing, max yearly raise is 3% -and that 3% is only if you are lucky and they "like" you, HORRIBLE medical, no real 401k, too many games

ADVICE FOR SUCCESS: hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil, stay at your desk, be a yes man/woman (even when you should say no), work until at-least 7pm (or apear like you are working), delegate any responsibility - take all the credit, be passive aggressive to co-workers, run to executives and pout about unfair treatment any chance you get.

The difference between motivating and manipulating is respect.