Vdopia

Srikanth Kakani

vdopia

Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Vdopia full-time for more than a year

ProsThings move fast here, you need to be proactive and ask the right questions. THere is lot of learning opportunities here and you need to take advantage of those. Also, it will be fun to bounce ideas off of others as you collaborate on your project

Consthere is some times difficulty communicating with the engineering team across the world, but its a reality in many companies

Advice to Senior Managementdoing great~

From a career growth perspective: One of the best jobs

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vdopia full-time for more than a year

ProsFastest growth I have ever seen in my career. I have spent several years before joining Vdopia in various roles. The first thing that I got to say, is that the product is easy to sell, easier than everything I sold in my career so far. Second, within one year of my joining the company I see growth in my salary and responsibilities. It by far the best personal growth I have seen in my career.

A lot of work-life balance, have not overworked myself at any point while meeting my targets. My manager helped me a lot when I came in and continues to help me to get to the next set of goals.

ConsManagement very strict when it comes to policies, some policies are a bit stricter than I have seen outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould relax some of the policies.

Fantastic, growing company, leader in the space and big future ahead

I have been working at Vdopia as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsExtremely intelligent senior management. They have their eye on the prize and a formula that is working. Big things are going to happen and the excitement is intense. Company is growing super fast and promotion from within is very common.

ConsThey are a start-up and with every start-ups perfectionism is not possible. Growing pains are going to pop up. Sometimes the wrong people are hired.

It is unfortunate that I read some reviews here and I know they are from people that were let go and are disgruntled. Bad on them is all I can say. It is obvious who they are and I feel unprofessional and untrue.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue listening to your employees, keep building a great brand and corporate culture. Open more offices.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing company in the Mobile Space

Fremont, CA

I have been working at Vdopia full-time for less than a year

ProsSome of these reviews are very off, it doesn't bring this company justice. Employees here value smart, hard working, rational thinking people. I personally haven't experienced any of the negative that is mentioned.

Here's what I really enjoy about the company:

-My feedback is taken seriously and changes have been made since I've started
-The engineering team has a very fast turnaround for identifying issues compared to the average start up in the Bay Area
-People here understand the complexities of the mobile space
-Strong partnerships with key players in the industry
-Free food on Fridays, effort is put into enhancing office culture
-Evolving for the betterment of the company and pushes for longevity of employee's time here
-Very smart, talented people here, from Sales to Engineering to Product Managers

Cons-Need additional benefits like commuter checks
-Need to transition faster into a big company mentality
-Better feedback system

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and gather feedback from everyone and continue to communicate to the company the vision and plan.

Unethical

Manager, Ad Operations (Current Employee)
Fremont, CA

I have been working at Vdopia full-time

ProsMobile Video Advertising Entry Level Exposure.
Gain experience in a mobile ad network

Cons*Closed door policy from executive team
*No company culture or structure
*No values or core mission for the company
*Subpar service for partners and advertisers.
*Dishonest to premium customers just to get paid on campaigns.
*Human Resources is non existent and pretty useless.
*Accounting does not pay bills on time as they are located in India.
*Executive Team only cares for what benefits their pockets.

One word to describe Vdopia. UNETHICAL.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a lawyer.

In need of 1/2 Star Review but unavailable

I worked at Vdopia full-time for more than a year

ProsGood company to get your feet wet in mobile.

ConsTerrible executive team. Lies and restrictions make it impossible to do good work. No support system in place in the States as everyone is in India. Employee morale is very low and people are leaving quickly to the point where they cannot replace them fast enough. One is not to trust the 4 and 5 star reviews as they were written by the execs themselves or their highly paid managers who stroke their ego but do not contribute much else.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey do not listen to advice. I am certain it is only a matter of time before the ship sinks.

The "Playskool" version of a real, grown-up Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Vdopia full-time for less than a year

ProsIt is very easy to get a job at this company because it is a revolving door. If you are looking for a pit-stop on the way to something clearly better, or simply wanting to experience hell - this is the place.

ConsWhere to start?
- The Executive Team is hands-down the most morally-deficient trio of socially-inept people I have ever met. They sell the company as "expanding at an exponential rate" but really they are replacing the employees they either fired for "not teaching themselves to believe their lies" or the employees have simply run out of patience and realized the sham.
- The Executive Team is comprised of 3 friends who co-founded the company idea while in undergrad in India, refer to themselves as "Mobile Gods", and truly do not have the experience to be running a company.
- The individual employee's voice is not heard and if you try and speak-up, you will be fired.
- Employees are encouraged to lie to clients and you will never see a commission check for your hard work.
- 90% of the company is based in India and the three Executives refuse to hire US support teams. Instead, they try and run the US-expansion unethically - not paying publishers and running "premium inventory" on the bottom of the barrel publishers.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your US employees who want the US business to succeed - they are humans, and although they are not "Gods" like you, they have good, realistic, and moral ideas. Please also hire Executives who have the experience in the US Market to turn the company around before it is too late. It is currently a sinking ship.

This place is a joke.

I worked at Vdopia

ProsIt's easy to get a job here because they lose people so fast.

ConsWhere do I start?
The Executive Team is comprised of three ESL friends who went to college in India and have no clue what they are doing. They make changes and demands that make no sense and have no place in US business practice. They also have no moral compass.
Commissions are not tracked and they do not pay anyone including our publisher partners until the advertiser has payed their bill. That would work fine except for billing is a mess and there is no following up with this crew. If you are considering a job in Sales here, you can expect that you will never see a commission check.

Advice to Senior ManagementPass the reigns off to real Executives who can turn this poop show around or you will lose your company.

Be careful what you read here

I have been working at Vdopia

ProsIf you want to move into mobile, Vdopia is a relatively easy place to get a job because they have VC money and they need to hire because lots of people have quit in last 12 months. Basically the entire nyc team.

ConsPassed reviews have said it all.
- Extremely arrogant management who openly refer to other mobile companies as idiots.
- They refer to themselves a s "video gods."
- They say they are premium but they run all their ads on on exchanges - and they have no idea where ads actually run.
- They mock up screen shots in the art department.
- They lie or exaggerate about what their technology can do...

They also make people write positive reviews on Glassdoor so please be careful and don't believe everything you read here. Look on Linkedin and reach out to former Vdopia employees and get their opinions if you are considering joining.

Advice to Senior Managementthis management does not listen to advice.

Unethical leaders, poor working conditions, turns good people into dissatisfied employees...

I have been working at Vdopia full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent pay, exposure to mobile advertising industry.

ConsUnethical founders; poor technology, constant issues; majority of employees based in India instead of United States; misleading information during interview process; they lie to the customers/agencies about campaign delivery; clients are paying for premium inventory, and everything is being delivered on bottom barrel crap; condescending team leads, demeaning actions through email in which everyone is cc'd; COO does not stick up for her team; instead she scrutinizes them in front of other teams, even if she was the one who provided the misguided direction; CBO does not have great industry knowledge; CEO is grandiose and thinks that they will be the "mobile Gods" in the industry!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new CEO, opt to be ethical and treat employees as the important people they are - those contribute to make the company a success!

Worked for Vdopia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vdopia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vdopia CEO Srikanth Kakani. All 24 reviews posted anonymously by Vdopia employees.