Ve Interactive

Updated December 15, 2014
3.5

Ve Interactive Co-founder and CEO David J Brown
David J Brown

Market leading technology with a great company behind it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Ve Interactive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work environment . Ve Interactive is constantly reinventing themselves with new products and services, nothing gets "stale".

Cons

Not too many cons to think of

Keep forging ahead with new products and building the business. You have a lot of dedicated people globally looking to make Ve Interactive the biggest success possible.

Great Job, Bad Environment (US Office)

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Ve Interactive full-time

Pros

The people who work here are really great, and the commission/bonus program can be great, depending on your accounts and the monthly revenue. You learn a lot at the job too, which can be great for your resume.

Cons

The management has its favorite employees, which seem picked at random or for the worst reasons. All others are constantly threatened with firings if revenue doesn't improve. The environment makes people crazy, shifting blame and backstabbing other employees. Working hard may or may not get you any recognition here, and the benefits are minimal at best. You just have to negotiate for a high salary, because you're paying for everything else out of pocket.

Restructure. Most of your current employees are very dissatisfied and would jump at a chance to leave. People are afraid of you but don't respect you.

Reading these reviews makes me laugh

I worked at Ve Interactive

Pros

It felt like it would take a lot to get fired.

Cons

Just don't work here. You can do better, even if you're fresh out of college and not exactly sure what you want to pursue for a career. I'm thankful I got out when I did. Based on what I've read, it doesn't seem like much has changed w/ 'senior' leadership and company culture..

It was like being in middle school

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Ve Interactive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

casual dress code; laid back atmosphere

Cons

A day at the office here is kind of like a Saturday Night Live Skit. They are delusional about their product and services. You can't make any money. I literally saw multiple people make $6 commission checks. It was such a joke. Management is clueless about everything from the industry to the day to day operations. Nobody takes this place seriously. If you are young and looking for a place to goof around at and make 32k a year, then this isn't a bad stop for you. If you are serious about any type of sales or building a career, stay FAR AWAY. And if you happen to make a 6 month pit stop here just to go to a happy hour or two, do NOT put it on your resume`. There are not really benefits, aside from some occasional free beer and them accepting that you can't come in the next day because you are hung over. Reading the other reviews, 2 things struck me: 1) the positive reviews have to be at the behest of management; 2) I find it curious that they whine and respond to negative reviews. Can you imagine respectable companies responding to one person's review like that?!?! I also find it curious that somebody in England is calling somebody in the Boston office a liar, when the person posting the review was the one working on that continent. Just another satirical element of this pretend company.

To Britain: The US office is a calamity
    To US: Please read cons

Run for your life!!

Current Employee - Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Ve Interactive full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nobody was killed during my time

Cons

terrible U.S. leadership, low salary, terrible work environment, no room for growth, terrible location, revolving door of employees, did I mention terrible upper management? as a female I had to stop my fiance from literally going to the company and raising hell for what I had to deal with from the C-levels!!!. You will literally get dumber if you work here, this is a resume killer...they are already known in New England area as a terrible company and employers do not respect it on a resume.

fire yourselves!! before you get sued for sexual harassment and destroy the name that London has strategically built up.

Dream Job!

Current Employee - Partnerships Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Partnerships Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Ve Interactive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

From my first interview I knew Ve Interactive was the place for me. There is a real sense of family;

Very motivating and energetic office. Positive management who really care about their staff. This is the first place I have ever worked where the employees have the opportunity to help shape the business.

The technology and suite of products are top notch and unparalleled to anything on the market today. Ve Interactive continues to reinvent themselves to always stay one step ahead.

Cons

I like usually like to be fair when i write a review but honestly I cannot think of a con. Great place!

Your encouraging energy is what helps drive your staff. I am looking forward to growing with the company. I cannot wait to see what the future has in store!

Great Start-up

Former Employee - Web Support in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Web Support in Boston, MA

I worked at Ve Interactive as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Learned new web techniques and worked with a great sales team, with a strong managment team that cares about the staff.

Cons

Location from public transportation is bad.

Great job keeping the team happy

This place was a circus-not a good company for a serious individual

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at Ve Interactive full-time

Pros

Management is understanding and seem like very decent people. The actual technology itself is viable and there is a value to it. Not a horrible position for somebody just out of college who wants some sales experience.

Cons

We were lied to about benefits, which I never did get in my year there. Owners seem more worried about their egos than running an efficient business. No sales training. Tech couldn't deliver when sales would set up accounts. One co-worker NEVER showed up for work, yet she was given an industry that encompassed 80% of the business out there. There were no background checks done on employees, and let's just say I have read about many of them in the police beat of the local papers. Pay didn't always go through. Owners seem more concerned with personal relationships than having a smooth business where everybody makes money. Don't be fooled by these "awards" the buy themselves.This place was more of a frat house than a fruitful professional environment, although perhaps it has gotten better over time.

Hiring hot chicks and and running a frat house will lose you talent in the long run, even though it seems "fun" in the short run. There is a fine line between a young start-up feel and running an absolute circus.

Ve Interactive Response

Jan 15, 2014Director of Communications

Clearly this is a review from a bad leaver. A real shame and disrespectful to the staff at 11 Ve offices around the world who are working hard as a united team to build an amazing company.

Your
    ... More

Intern

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Ve Interactive as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

young, energetic, vibrant company. Very friendly workers. Company seems to be growing

Cons

Some office (could be pro). Unpaid internship - however, very open to hours, dress, etc.

The best work experience and opportunity ever !

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Ve Interactive

Pros

This company is the only place where you can shoot through the roof in no time if you show what you're capable of. The CEO is truly inspirational and very accessible for everyone. He's genuinely interested in all the staff and has incredible vision for the company.

The colleagues are all super friendly and the free drinks on friday evenings, or the amazing Halloween parties that help a charity partner are cherries on the cake really. I have loved going to work every morning and I have now been offered a new position in one of the 18 foreign offices: brilliant !

Cons

The company is growing so fast that it takes adjustement to create new processes. So for anyone who likes the start-up feel, you know it's all about being easy-going and patient. Everything's always sorted out in the end. The perspective are huge and you feel you can really make a difference so for me that's the goal to stay focused on !

I think all issues are raised to the management and dealt with asap so there's nothing to change really. I have always felt people are the priority.