Ve Interactive

Updated Jun 8, 2014

Ve Interactive Co-founder and CEO David J Brown

David J Brown

Best Company I've worked for period

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsVe is one of those rare office environments where coming to work daily is both rewarding and enjoyable. The management team is incredibly generous, caring, and committed to the personal and professional wellness of each employee. I have been at Ve for about a year, and have only seen 2 people leave due to their own shortcomings, both of whom were given a multitude of opportunities to turn things around.

Start ups are not for everyone, they are a messy business that take a certain amount of faith and flexibility. Ve is a true opportunity, not the place for those who want to sit around and just skate by. If you have a sense of humor and a don't mind working hard, there is no better company in Boston than Ve Interactive.

ConsWe do not utilize the pool table, ping pong table, or fuse ball table nearly enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep inspiring us to be better, smarter, and more efficient.

Dream Job!

Partnerships Manager (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsFrom my first interview I knew Ve Interactive was the place for me. There is a real sense of family;

Very motivating and energetic office. Positive management who really care about their staff. This is the first place I have ever worked where the employees have the opportunity to help shape the business.

The technology and suite of products are top notch and unparalleled to anything on the market today. Ve Interactive continues to reinvent themselves to always stay one step ahead.

ConsI like usually like to be fair when i write a review but honestly I cannot think of a con. Great place!

Advice to Senior ManagementYour encouraging energy is what helps drive your staff. I am looking forward to growing with the company. I cannot wait to see what the future has in store!

Market leading technology with a great company behind it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsGreat work environment . Ve Interactive is constantly reinventing themselves with new products and services, nothing gets "stale".

ConsNot too many cons to think of

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep forging ahead with new products and building the business. You have a lot of dedicated people globally looking to make Ve Interactive the biggest success possible.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Run for your life!!

Employee (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsNobody was killed during my time

Consterrible U.S. leadership, low salary, terrible work environment, no room for growth, terrible location, revolving door of employees, did I mention terrible upper management? as a female I had to stop my fiance from literally going to the company and raising hell for what I had to deal with from the C-levels!!!. You will literally get dumber if you work here, this is a resume killer...they are already known in New England area as a terrible company and employers do not respect it on a resume.

Advice to Senior Managementfire yourselves!! before you get sued for sexual harassment and destroy the name that London has strategically built up.

Great Start-up

Web Support (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsLearned new web techniques and worked with a great sales team, with a strong managment team that cares about the staff.

ConsLocation from public transportation is bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job keeping the team happy

This place was a circus-not a good company for a serious individual

Sales (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsManagement is understanding and seem like very decent people. The actual technology itself is viable and there is a value to it. Not a horrible position for somebody just out of college who wants some sales experience.

ConsWe were lied to about benefits, which I never did get in my year there. Owners seem more worried about their egos than running an efficient business. No sales training. Tech couldn't deliver when sales would set up accounts. One co-worker NEVER showed up for work, yet she was given an industry that encompassed 80% of the business out there. There were no background checks done on employees, and let's just say I have read about many of them in the police beat of the local papers. Pay didn't always go through. Owners seem more concerned with personal relationships than having a smooth business where everybody makes money. Don't be fooled by these "awards" the buy themselves.This place was more of a frat house than a fruitful professional environment, although perhaps it has gotten better over time.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring hot chicks and and running a frat house will lose you talent in the long run, even though it seems "fun" in the short run. There is a fine line between a young start-up feel and running an absolute circus.

Flag Review
    Ve Interactive Director of Communications responded to this review Jan 15, 2014 EditDelete
    Clearly this is a review from a bad leaver. A real shame and disrespectful to the staff at 11 Ve offices around the world who are working hard as a united team to build an amazing company.

Your
    ... More

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

Prosyoung, energetic, vibrant company. Very friendly workers. Company seems to be growing

ConsSome office (could be pro). Unpaid internship - however, very open to hours, dress, etc.

Be Weary... Not All is what it seems

Sales (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsFree wine on a Friday night after a week's work.

Consunderpaid, no training or development, everything is done in house by amateurs.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany people are looking for new jobs, pay is poor and service to clients is very amateur.

Flag Review
    Ve Interactive Director of Communications responded to this review Jun 23, 2014 EditDelete
    We highly recommend that you talk to your report immediately and raise any issues. If indeed you do actually still work for us. You will know that we operate an open door policy at Ve to give ... More

Dream job, dream company!!

Communications Manager (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsVe encourages staff to think outside the box to develop their role, career path and department. Which is amazing for people are genuinely passionate about what they do.

There is an open door policy and people are never too busy to listen to new ideas.

Even the 'big dogs' are part of the family, in fact they are some of the most welcoming and approachable members of staff.

The company, the products, the service level are really something to be proud of. The company is still young and yet has 11 global offices and operating in 19 languages - we must be doing something right!

ConsAt times we may move too quickly which makes it hard to know if everyone is keeping up with news and developments - but surely that is a good problem to have!

Exciting business, amazing people.

Sales (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsThe first thing people tend to notice or comment on is the positive culture. Work hard, play hard is probably appropriate. This has been practiced by the management since day 1 - impressive in my opinion to retain that culture.
    Management were always very approachable and surprisingly transparent - you always know how the company is performing and in which direction it's heading. I think this is why everyone there is really behind the company and excited about the future.
    'Lounge' area with pool table, table tennis and drinks bar is fantastic.

ConsIf I had to pick something as a con, UK staff grew from 20 to around 200 during my time at Ve so there were some small growing pains and a fair bit of moving desks, nothing major though.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring people with the right mix of talents and culture-fit! Keep innovating!

Worked for Ve Interactive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ve Interactive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ve Interactive CEO David J Brown. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Ve Interactive employees.