Vector Marketing

Updated December 14, 2014
Updated December 14, 2014
3.4

Bruce Goodman and Albert DiLeonardo

Pros
  • Expanded my knowledge of marketing as well as practice sales experience (in 33 reviews)

• You can make a lot of money working here if you put your mind to it (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • They prepare you for all negative responses from your friends and family (in 43 reviews)

• The company failed to inform us that we would be playing door to door salespeople (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Vector Marketing as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hard work, dedicated people.
    Opportunities for growth
    Tax Deductible Expenses
    Flexible Schedules
    Great pay

Cons

Setting Up Appointments
    Travel
    Very hard to leave
    Can be time consuming

Keep doing what you're doing

awesome experience

I have been working at Vector Marketing

Pros

people, pay, flexibility, management, and also a way to build work ethic

Cons

It's 100% up to me on how much or how little I want to work.

The Best Opportunity on the Market for Young People.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Vector Marketing as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

There is no cold calling, telemarketing, or door to door sales, and reps do not have to buy their sample kits.

Vector is by far the best place for a young college student looking to gain experience for their resume to be. Reps learn sales and marketing sales, and gain valuable business experience. The type of people who Vector attracts are all positive people, and thus the work environment is a great one to be in, the friends I've made through this company are some of my favorite people. Not only are my coworkers great, but the managers are incredible, they are always helping me grow as a sales rep and also as a person. After several months of hard work with the company I'm now in training for the company's management program, where I'm being offered the opportunity to run my own office next summer. No other company gives this kind of incredible opportunity to college students who are willing to work hard to earn it.

Vector has taught me how to overcome obstacles and to work hard towards my goals no matter what, and I have seen a great deal of success both in terms of income, and experience. I made over 5000$ my first summer with the company, and because of the experience I had I received 6 other job/internship offers, including an internship offer from Northwestern Mutual, which is ranked in the top 10 internships in the nation for college students.

One of the reasons why Vector is such a truly great opportunity is the products are superior to all it's competitors, the Cutco product line is the world's finest cutlery and there is nothing like it in it's industry. It is an incredible product with the best guarantee of any product in the world - a forever guarantee, not a lifetime guarantee, a forever guarantee. Cutco is simply unbeatable when it comes to kitchen cutlery, and the reason why Vector recruits high school and college students is not because it is a scam, but because the products are so easy to sell that a college student can do it.

It truly is an incredible opportunity and most people wonder: What's the catch? The catch is that you have to work hard at it to be successful, just like anything else in life.

Cons

Having to listen to people say that Vector Marketing is a scam.

Continue

Manager was great and I enjoyed my time

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Vector Marketing part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great team atmosphere. Greatly improved my interpersonal skills

Cons

Having to cold call customers was difficult for me

If you can cut it, Vector is for you

I have been working at Vector Marketing part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Positive environment, no ceiling to income potential, extremely flexible schedule, incentives and trips you can qualify for, ability to make 50% commission for top reps, $15-$20 base pay per appointment depending on the time of the year

Cons

They essentially hire everyone that walks through the door so you may be surprised by some of the people in your training class, better be good at generating your own leads cause that is primarily the business, you will need to do a lot of appointments to earn full time income, mostly college and high school seniors employed so the environment can get unprofessional at times

Instead of hiring almost everyone that walks in focus on a few key sales reps and help them become sales professionals

Been an independent contractor for almost 2 years

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Parkersburg, WV
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Parkersburg, WV

I have been working at Vector Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay, company values, work-life balance, office culture.

Cons

You half to be self motivated to succeed at any sales job

Great opportunity for students to earn money

Former Employee - Field Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Field Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Vector Marketing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for making money especially during school. If you work hard you can earn way more than almost any other summer job.

Cons

Requires discipline and self-motivation. Have to really work seriously to make it work.

Be clear, direct and honest about the amount of work it takes to succeed in this job.

Fun Job with Lots of Potential!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Vector Marketing as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

This job is really great. Anyone can do it and they guarentee you a base so you make $16 for each Apt which usually takes around an hour. There is a lot of leg work with phoning to get your appointments but the base is just your training wheels. You can make as little or as much as your willing to work for. You choose your hours so you can work around your schedule which is awesome. And the commissions start at 10% and go up to 50% so there's lots of potential.

Cons

There is a lot of legwork but when you do a lot of appointments it pays off and because of this a lot of people say it's a scam but it's not. If your willing to work hard you can do well.

Hard work if you're able to do it!

Former Employee - Field Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Field Sales Manager

I worked at Vector Marketing as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Supportive community, opportunities for growth, technically unlimited pay if you work enough. Training is really comprehensive. Great for learning how to come out of your shell and become a better communicator.

Cons

fluctuating pay, may have a steep learning curve for some people. The job is very self-directed, and this doesn't mesh well with how a lot of new hires tend to want to work.

Great experience

Former Employee - Field Sales Manager in Shreveport, LA
    Former Employee - Field Sales Manager in Shreveport, LA

I worked at Vector Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You'll learn a ton if you can just apply yourself and put in the work. I've gotten a few jobs just because of my sales experience with Vector. The people you meet could end up being life time friends and the experience you walk away with is priceless. You learn real sales skills.

Cons

It is a sales job meaning you'll have to sell to make any money. It's 1099 so you're 100% commission. There aren't really any fringe benefits. You may be pushed toward management (branch or district) before you're really ready.

My manager was pretty great. However, I wasn't really ready to move into Branch management, but they pushed me in that direction anyway. You'll need to have a lot saved up, much more than the minimum in order to be comfortable.