Vector Marketing

Updated September 16, 2014
Updated September 16, 2014
3.4

Bruce Goodman and Albert DiLeonardo

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money working here if you put your mind to it (in 13 reviews)

• Expanded my knowledge of marketing as well as practice sales experience (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • They want you to sell to your friends and family then you have to ask them for references (in 30 reviews)

• This company will aggressively recruit young people with the promise of a high base pay (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

Flexible easy work

Current Employee - Direct Recruiting Assistant  in  Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Direct Recruiting Assistant in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Vector Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work was scripted and easy. My manager worked with my hectic schedule.

Cons

Seasonal work in branch offices.

Better supervision.

Great company if you're willing to work

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Field Sales Manager

I have been working at Vector Marketing full-time

Pros

Leadership is truly inspiring and the income opportunity is great for those who are willing to work for it. There is always support when needed as well as a positive environment. Advancement is based on results so if you pride yourself on your work ethic, there are amazing opportunities available.

Cons

No benefits packages available for representatives and the flexibility is challenging at first if not great with time management

Keep doing what you're doing

Most inspiring management position

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Troy, OH
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Troy, OH

I have been working at Vector Marketing as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Motivating people and managers to work with. Chance to win all expense paid trips to warm places. Great environment. Everyone is always encouraging you or is in a great mood!

Cons

They don't pay for expenses for you and taxes aren't taken out of your paycheck each week.

They could help to pay for expenses that are incurred each year.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent resume builder for any college student

Current Employee - Senior Field Sales Manager  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Field Sales Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Vector Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

During the summer between my freshman and sophomore year of college I made $12,000 and won a scholarship through the company. The opportunity for income is unbelievable and the atmosphere is very growth oriented. The best part is the the effect that my work has had on my resume. The summer after I ran my own office with vector.

Cons

It's not always fun and it's not easy. If you want to make money it is up to you. The work you put in is the reward that you get out. If you're lazy or don't like facing challenges now and again this job isn't for you.

I was a sales rep and assistant manager. Pay is GREAT if you know a lot of people, lots of opportunity for advancement.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Vector Marketing as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I loved working at Vector because everyone is so personable and its more than just a job. Here, you learn invaluable skills in customer service, sales, and communication. If you're looking for a career in sales, this is absolutely a great starting point. It IS true that you will get paid even if customers don't buy. But in my experience, more customers bought than didn't and there is rapid advancement in the commission end so you end up making more from your commission than you do from the base pay. Here, you will learn more than just how to sell, you'll learn how to manage your time, how to be a team player, how to have fun at team meetings, how to reach your goals and more.

Working at Vector I could make 100$ in a one-hour demo, but you don't sell on every demo. Weekly on average, I made about 600$, then as an assistant manager I earned almost 800$/week in the summer. I have had many professional job offers in sales since working at Vector.

Cons

You do have to start with friends and family, but since you can tell them you get paid just for practicing on them (which IS TRUE), there's no pressure. The hardest part is getting them to introduce to you their friends and do the same demonstration. It's hard not to always have ulterior motives when making new friends and could possibly make relationships with your current friends awkward if you don't handle things correctly. Pay varies a lot and since you are self-employed you have to pay those taxes at the end of the year. Manage your money wisely!

Always train your employees to be honest salespeople and not seem like they are hiding anything.

Pretty good overall experience!!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Vector Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

This job is a great way to work on communication skills and other life-skills. You sell high quality kitchen cutlery which basically sells itself. The training is great, it's considered to be one of the top training seminars in the country. There is flexible scheduling, meet new people (make friends) and learn a good deal about sales and business.

Cons

Building leads can be nerve wrecking because you will most likely start out with family and then call their friends. You got to put in the work if you want to really succeed. You mostly pay for conferences and company events.

Sell to your family, and then quit

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Tamarac, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tamarac, FL

I worked at Vector Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

You do make money selling a good product. But they essentially just use young kids to sell to their families and then once the kids' exhaust their contact list, they are done with the company. The company does provide good sales experience and gently guides you through the process.

Cons

A little intrusive. They bribe you to list all of your friends as potential employees with higher commission/prizes; your friends end up getting pretty annoying when they get a call from Vector and a representative says "Bob recommended you for a job, would you like to come in for an interview," when in reality you only did it because they essentially offered you money to do so.

Good Company for young adult

Former Employee - Field Sales Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Field Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Vector Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Make you own schdule and maximize you income.

Cons

Run out of leads and your done!

Best management ever they are there to help you succeed

You get what you put in to it

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Vector Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Freedom, flexibility, income, vacations. You have the ability to earn a lot of promotions and make some significant income and set yourself apart from others with Vector Marketing.

Cons

A life outside of Vector seems unrealistic. In order to compete with the best and be one of the people that others look at, you need to be relentless in constantly fine tuning your business. It gets very exhausting at a certain point.

Don't push people too hard, because you can push people away easily.

Sales Rep, Field Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Pilot Sales Manager, District Manager

Former Employee - District Manager  in  Eatontown, NJ
    Former Employee - District Manager in Eatontown, NJ

I worked at Vector Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ok here is the deal and the straight up no biased opinion in side scoop on this company. First thing you need to know is that this position is not for everyone. So if you read things like Scam, Cult or "that doesn't work" it is because the people it didn't work out for, didn't actually go ahead and work the job, they tried the job. The same way they will try marriage or try and study. The people who succeeded worked hard and focused on developing their skills. This company for "me" was the best hands down professional experience i ever had for my life and my future. It taught me SOOOOOO much, now I own my own business and i also work a full time job because of the experience i had at Vector...

Cons

the company needs to get better leadership, the people who are running it aren't doing enough things to retain their important people. I feel confident things will change for the better with this company.

"the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting something different". Someone at the executive level needs to get fired, and some of the middle management needs to get promoted. Also change the name of the company which will help you get better reviews and better ad space on google. Instead of Vector marketing call it Cutco marketing.

Worked for Vector Marketing? Contribute to the Community!