Vector Marketing Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Bruce Goodman and Albert DiLeonardo

Pros
  • A great place for college students to get initial sales experience (in 33 reviews)

• Also great way to make a lot of money in a short period of time (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Bothering friends and family by selling a product - I was embarrassed trying to sell them kitchen knives (in 43 reviews)

• The company failed to inform us that we would be playing door to door salespeople (in 15 reviews)

1. Great 6 year experience

Pros

Ability to make 50% commission!? Where else can you find that? Sure it takes hard work, but that's insane!

Cons

Inconsistencies with schedules and management. Having to start out with people you know

Advice to Management

Make the schedules in stone so no one has to guess. Run it like a business

2. District Manager

Pros

Freedom to run your business as you see fit. There is also a great deal of support from all over the nation. Travel is fantastic and so are the people.

Cons

At the rep level there really are none. At the Management level there are dealing with reps who choose not to put in their best effort and they can be difficult at times.

3. District Manager

Pros

Great pay, flex, business expierence. yearly company vacation. Great learning and personal development culture

Cons

If you make a full commitment to this position for at least 3 years, you will reap all the benefits. like any other job, with out a full commitment you be punished

5. Unlimited earning potential

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Vector Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

-Performance based position -Endless opportunity to excel

Cons

-Need to find own customers

6. Great job for young professionals.

Current Employee - Senior Field Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Field Sales Manager

Pros

The best job a college student can get. Vector trains young people to be exceptional professionals. For a college student, the pay and hours are great.

Cons

The sales rep position is not set up as a career opportunity. Not a lot of support or structure for high level sales people.

Advice to Management

Invest more in putting out high quality managers who retain great people.

7. Arlington Texas Division (Michael Volosen)

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Vector Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Arlington Texas office has the most amazing staff that I personally have ever had the pleasure of working with. They are all as nice as they can be and seem genuinely eager to see you succeed. THANKS TO MY FELLOW TEAMMATES!

Cons

Haven't found any yet. Seriously!

Advice to Management

Keep it up Mr. Volosen. You are the best educator I have ever had. Our group couldn't dream up a better leader.

8. Just do it!

I have been working at Vector Marketing part-time

Pros

Positive environment, good pay, nice people, and gain connections. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend!

Cons

If you're not motivated and don't like talking on the phone it'll be a lot harder

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

9. Great Job if You're in a Big Area....

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Vector Marketing part-time

Pros

-Make your own hours as a sales rep -Good commission percentages -All the managers are friendly -You don't have to pay for the sample kit -If you need help you can always get it

Cons

The biggest thing that I've run into is I live in very small town with people who are always looking to save money. The people in our area live pay check to pay check and are not willing to drop $1500.00 on knives.

Advice to Management

I think that a lot of the managers could calm it down a bit. I am fully aware that its good to be energetic, but acting like you've slammed 15 energy drinks my not be the image you're looking for.

10. Great place to get SKILLS

Current Employee - District Manager in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Vector Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to take on any challenges you are interested in. Great people to work with and easy product to sell. Mangement training experience and leadership training is second to none.

Cons

How managers get paid can be very confusing unless you have a Masters in Accounting and know how to handle and understand money. Lots of hard work but 90% of the time it's worth it.

11. Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Vector Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent working environment. I gained business and communication skills that I couldn't learn in engineering school. I even learned about retirement planning and investing from my manager.

Cons

If you want to be successful you have to work hard and be able to handle the heat of a sales environment. This was great about the job but I think it's difficult for young people to deal with in comparison to their other possible opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep being role models for the people working for you. Little things can go a long way. Teach people under you not only sales skills but general life skills. Itll make them more excited to work

Showing 904 of 1,016 reviews