Vector Marketing Reviews

Updated March 27, 2015
756 reviews filtered by
3.4
Bruce Goodman and Albert DiLeonardo

Pros
  • Expanded my knowledge of marketing as well as practice sales experience (in 33 reviews)

• You can make a lot of money working here if you put your mind to it (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • They prepare you for all negative responses from your friends and family (in 43 reviews)

• The company failed to inform us that we would be playing door to door salespeople (in 15 reviews)

I worked at Vector Marketing

Pros

I loved working there because the job forced me to step out of my comfort zone. We had to reach out and speak to people and sell them on a product that they may be reluctant to purchase. An overall great experience as I developed people skills, confidence, and sales experience. Balancing work and life is was extraordinarily easy.

Cons

Not many cons, just the building was kind of far for me to drive to meetings. Even though the training was time consuming, it was manageable.

I have no advice to management. They did a fantastic job hyping the employees and helping us break mental ceilings which may have very easily prevented up from reaching our goals.

2. Great pay for hard workers

Current Employee - Past District Manager Current Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Past District Manager Current Assistant Manager

I have been working at Vector Marketing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic environment
    great management
    in depth training
    when work is put in pay is nice
    make your own schedule
    advancement always available
    amazing product
    Personal growth is a big focus
    fun

Cons

you make your own schedule
    slack off and receive little pay

Improve the AM position, the AM's make up the DM pool, so treat AM's better and maybe have a few more DM &BM

3. Great work experience for college student.

Former Employee - Key Staff Member & Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Key Staff Member & Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Vector Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Tremendous growth opportunities, great training and fun work environment. Able to get help from veteran employees and get rewarded for achieving sales goals (pizza parties). I would recommend working here, but be very careful about what you are getting yourself into.

Cons

Pressure to achieve consistent sales quotas and pressure to keep working for company. This job is not for everyone and you must be comfortable facing and overcoming rejection whether over the phone or during an appointment. Even though this was a part-time position it really felt like I was working full time.

5. Good enough if you put in the time.

Former Freelancer - Sales Representative
    Former Freelancer - Sales Representative

I worked at Vector Marketing (more than a year)

Pros

If nothing else, this job forces you to work on your communication skills. Your main job as a starter is to call people and set up appointments to demo Vector's Cutco-brand high-end cutlery. There's a base pay per appointment or an initially-low commission to work with, and the commission gets better the more sales you have. If you're wondering whether or not calling leads and generating sales is something you want to know, this is a good place to find out.

Cons

You really have to put in your time if you want something decent out of it. You also need to push your clients to give you more names and to try to contact those people for you in advance (unless you want to resort to cold-calling them); otherwise, your demo network can dry up fast, making it hard to get anything out of it.

The managers I worked with were different in their approaches but both very approachable and helpful. In fact, since it's in their interest to have successful associates and employees, even district or regional managers are this way. If anything, just keep stressing (as you already do) to newbies how much dedication success will take. This type of job is not for the faint of heart.

didnt like this

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Vector Marketing

Pros

great way to stay in shape

Cons

forced to stay in shape

need to sharpen the sales pitch

7. The job for students

Current Freelancer - Sales Representative in Appleton, WI
    Current Freelancer - Sales Representative in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Vector Marketing (more than 3 years)

Pros

This job offers a flexible schedule, which is great for college students- it's also really easy to become an assistant manager if you are willing to prove you have a strong work ethic by working hard. I won a scholarship and I've traveled out of the country twice on vacation with the company and since I recently graduated I am making this a career as well. Also you win a lot of the product through events that you can keep for yourself!

Cons

You have to deal with the companys negative image, because teens don't understand what it's like to have a job with flexibility so a lot of them get frustrated and quit. This job implements a ton of real world experiences right away, which are valuable skills to have alongside a college degree but it is difficult for some to adapt right away.

More training to younger managers.

8. Work hard, good benefits

I worked at Vector Marketing

Pros

It is possible to make a lot of money quickly

Cons

Must be willing to work constantly to find more customers, may cause family and friends to become annoyed

9. Pretty good sales job coming out of high school, but unless you can make great sales returns in a short amount of time,

Current Employee - Vector Marketing Sales Representative in Casselberry, FL
    Current Employee - Vector Marketing Sales Representative in Casselberry, FL

I have been working at Vector Marketing

Pros

Teaches you core sales skills that you need if that is the area you want to get into. You can make money from it and they do have fun whenever it's time to play.

Cons

It is a very competitive environment and they expect a high return on sales otherwise you probably won't be there for long. Sometimes they also run out of items without telling employees and the employee has to learn this after they have already made a sale.

Better training would be valuable to those you try to recruit for this opportunity.

Selling knives

Current Freelancer - Sales Representative
    Current Freelancer - Sales Representative

I have been working at Vector Marketing (more than a year)

Pros

Money's great
    Set your own schedule

Cons

You have to annoy your friends and family to get started
    A lot of driving

Depends on you.

I have been working at Vector Marketing (less than a year)

Pros

Do you have a large network of friends and family with disposable income? Are they willing to sit through your sales pitch and buy stuff from you? then this is the job for you! There's no limit to the money you could make! well, I guess the limit is how much everyone's willing to spend.

Cons

Don't have a large network of friends or family with disposable income? forget it. Or, do they not have many friends/family in their network? where do you think your next sales comes from, the market corkboard?

This works for young people (they're more willing to entertain your "career". It's cute. kind of cheeky.) who know a lot of people with disposable income. Are you out of your teens? or older? don't know a lot of people? Then skip this. Or if you run out of people you know, is your game good enough by then to make that sale? These places live off of sales kit sales (large turnover) and the diamonds in the rough. They find stellar sales people, probably before they know their calling. If you don't think you can make it with this, you probably won't.