Vector Marketing

Updated January 30, 2015
Updated January 30, 2015
3.5

Bruce Goodman and Albert DiLeonardo

Pros
  • Expanded my knowledge of marketing as well as practice sales experience (in 33 reviews)

• You can make a lot of money working here if you put your mind to it (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • They prepare you for all negative responses from your friends and family (in 43 reviews)

• The company failed to inform us that we would be playing door to door salespeople (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

A Great Introduction to Sales

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Vector Marketing part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get the opportunity to sell a high end product, not garbage, work with motivated and helpful co-workers and the oppertunity to make much more than a typical college student can make. I had a great manager who seemed to genuinely care about my success and taught me the mindset of a sales person. I know most people don't have any success then they quit early and call it a 'scam' when it is actually a great education in sales where if you put in effort you can easily make $250-500 a week working less than 20 hours. I learned how to talk to people more effectively which helps me because I was somewhat introverted beforehand. To build a team environment my office would plan to go out once a week to play golf or eat and managers would be at the office at 7 in the morning for reps who called them and said they needed extra help. They want management who not necessarily have been there the longest but sell the most so if you make the company a lot of money they'll promote you in your first week.

Cons

This is what they don't tell you which is important. When you run out of phone numbers you run out of pay checks. They teach you how to grow your list of prospects and don't fire employees unless they haven't set an appointment in over a month but most people get frustrated after a few days and quit on their own. The first class of the summer which I had started with all quit by their third week and over the next three months about 20% of recruits in each class would stay over 2 weeks.

There's not much management can do. The entry sales job requires no previous experience and you can't keep people with no resolve from applying.

It was a fun, learning experience with friendly mentors and co-workers.

Former Employee - Salesperson in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Salesperson in Frederick, MD

I worked at Vector Marketing part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent and the time commitment is completely up to you. Additionally, you are able to purchase your own Cutco knife set at a very discounted price.

Cons

Every job creates some form of stress and pressure for the employee. This company does it in minor way by making employees come to "mandatory" meetings trainings, and company retreats. Not a huge deal, but sometimes employees should not be coerced into going to company events if they really don't want to.

It was a great and rewarding experience that forced me to get out of my comfort zone.

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager in Elgin, IL
    Current Employee - Field Sales Manager in Elgin, IL

I have been working at Vector Marketing

Pros

Great experience that offers as much money as you can EARN.

Cons

Only commission and weird hours

Endless opportunities with quality training, good pay, flexible schedules, quality products, and personal growth.

Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Vector Marketing as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The people are good at what they do; they trained me well and did the best they could do to help me succeed. The training program was detailed and taught me everything I needed to know to start working. Managers are very helpful. There are a lot of opportunities for advancement and recognition for moving up. The pay is better than minimum wage, especially when you add on commission. You can set your own schedule. I got to set my own goals and throughout my time working there, I could see my personal growth. I gained skills like time management, leadership, communication, teamwork, decision making, answering questions, phone etiquette, motivation, and many more. You are also an independent contractor. There are also company conferences and trips; some of them are even free to attend. I got to travel to places like Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Oregon, Texas, and several locations around Seattle, Washington. The experience looks great on a resume, especially if you are very successful and win trophies and awards.

Cons

This can be challenging, and requires self-motivation. It can be difficult at times, and is not always easy setting up appointments. You have to pay for conferences, however it is not much compared to the skills and experiences you will gain from them (not so much a con, since you should make more money if you do what you learn). Some locations are more difficult to succeed in than others; sometimes how well one does depends on the area they live in.

Getting the people engaged from the start and working well with others on the team seems to help a lot, as well as some fun competition.

It was definitely the ideal job for a college student where I could work part time around classes.

I worked at Vector Marketing part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The opportunity to work with great people that are positive, enthusiastic, motivating, and dedicated. I gained a lot of experience to help me separate myself from my peers.

Cons

The pay structure for District Manager could be improved where some of the costs could have been minimized such as receptionists. Also the new sample kit program needs to be improved with some kind of deposit because the chargebacks can get very high.

Be more selective with the recruiting. I understand we want to give everyone a chance but we need to be selective on who we recruit especially without the deposit.

Sales Representative

Former Employee - Vector Marketing Sales Representative in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Vector Marketing Sales Representative in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Vector Marketing

Pros

Great Opportunity! The products you sell are of amazing quality, and they sell very easily, and people are very happy with them for years to come. Great potential for advancement if you are a hard worker and take advantage of what the company has to offer. Great incentives, flexibility with your schedule and hours.

Cons

No benefits, you need to be a self motivated person to really succeed in their positions.

Keep up the great incentives, bonus conferences and things that you give to the sales reps that work hard.

Vector Marketing is an awesome place for young adults to get there foot in the door.

Former Employee - Senior Field Sales Leader in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Field Sales Leader in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Vector Marketing

Pros

Huge opportunity for advancement. Working in a fun and relaxed environment with great people who motivated you to achieve more.

Cons

You must start with a strong lead base to be successful with this job. Can be intimidating calling people you don't know. Everything is scripted, must follow script.

None

Pyramid scheme, but for a recent high school grand, I gained experience and earned good money.

Current Employee - Senior Sales Advisor in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Advisor in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Vector Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company provides employees with good money for a student with little-to-no prior experience, and it gave me something to discuss in job interviews.

Cons

The sales representatives basically do all the work and see a fraction of the income from the company. Also, the company relies on students pressuring family and friends to buy the product.

Great Place

Former Employee - Senior Sales Advisor in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Advisor in Rochester, NY

I worked at Vector Marketing

Pros

Make your own hours and a lot of money

Cons

On top of you to much to sell even if top earner

Back of top guys let them do their thing

Vector marketing

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orland, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orland, CA

I have been working at Vector Marketing

Pros

Amazing growth opportunity, the ability to earn exceptional income just an amazing company to work for. I wouldn't have changed my experience for the world.

Cons

I don't have much to say about the cons. There really aren't any cons.