VectorUSA Reviews

Reset
2.8
David Zukerman

1. Meh

I worked at VectorUSA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to get your feet wet, and good caring people who work there (at least the regular employees are).

Cons

Too long to list but the company can't seem to find an identity besides four owners who have no clue what is happening.

Advice to Management

Stick up for your employees.

2. Cabling Co

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at VectorUSA (More than a year)

Pros

Some very hard working people.

Cons

Good old boys. Some sketchy people working there.

3. Not the same

I have been working at VectorUSA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent place to learn with some techs willing to help you out.

Cons

Backstabbers all over. Too much gossip, and eventually they will talk about you..Whats even worse core personel will sit you at home just so they can work their relative.

Advice to Management

Owners of the company: Only if you only knew what is happening....

5. Field Tech

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Pros

Vector work is good, but with alot of operations politics. Alot off good people are quitting and they hire techs with ZERO experience. Im about to quit soon myself.

Cons

Read above. Vector needs an overhaul.

Advice to Management

Any advice will not be taken my operations.

6. Telco technician

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Pros

good opportunity to move forward to your career interest areas.

Cons

sometimes the work is sporadic

Advice to Management

provide more training and coaching to employees.

7. It was initially fun but soon turned out to be a drag.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I worked at VectorUSA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New challenges everyday. Lots of interactions to be had. A lot of on the job training and encouragement. Good health insurance.

Cons

Low compensation. No real raises to speak of. Constant talk of nepotism and favoritism.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the good employees by promoting them/ providing incentives to stay on with the company.

8. There are positives...

I have been working at VectorUSA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I truly believe the 3 partners have done a fantastic thing... They've built a business from the ground up and give jobs to more than 475 people. The partners don't treat the place as their personal ATM machine...they are working shoulder-to-shoulder with everyone in the place. They continue to earn their money and have the respect of the rank-and-file-employees.

Cons

The pay isn't low...but it could be a little higher. Medical benefits are a little on the expensive side and the company contribution to the 401k is just 10%. There are a few toxic/office politic people...play your cards close to the vest.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing... just make sure your lieutenants are able to give their troops clear, concise direction.

Professional Services forget it

Former Employee - Network Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at VectorUSA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity Free doughnuts on Fridays

Cons

Network/Professional Services folks are treated like construction workers HR Department is treacherous Pay is below market

Advice to Management

Network professionals aren't aren't construction journeymen

Awesome company, great people, but cultural liability and problem

Current Employee - Field Technician in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Torrance, CA

I have been working at VectorUSA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vector has visionary people who understand that doing everything is a success strategy. They invest in their people, and have a nice benefits package. They give employees quality support, there is a focus on bottom line getting things done. Overall: they recruit knowledgeable people with skills. For my role: it is not as polished as other companies; this is a newer group within the company and there is a lot to learn. I chose Vector because of these factors: it is a place where I would LIKE to finish my career.

Cons

Immediately upon working here: I noticed that there is a lot of politics, and talking behind the backs of others by management. People seem to thrive on speaking ill of others when they are not around and this behavior is actually REWARDED. Once we become targets of slander or defamation: we are allowed no recourse and told to remain silent. Also: field techs are not always supplied appropriately and must go to the warehouse to check out what supplies will be required for each project and then return the balance at project end so that everything is billed to the appropriate job.

Advice to Management

Two things really: 1. the easier that things are made for field personnel: the better that they will perform for you. Putting all of the burden of supplies on the field people is difficult but the inventory is so tightly managed (understandably) that field people are almost always under-supplied. You already know this and have been improving steadily, but encourage the process to consider the expectations of your field people. 2. The culture of rewarding rumor and gossip mongers is costing you talent. While I may be one of the more recent to leave: morale is low there amongst people who are being adversely spoken about behind their backs and hear about it. Many of my peers are also seeking to leave (though they have not said so) and for the same reason. By the way? I have carefully listened to the managers gossip about employees behind their backs and compared it to what I see the employees doing in the field and the two are NOT compatible. You have talented people but do not recognize or appreciate them all equally. In fact: your managers reward those who malign others behind their backs because they seem to feel that this is the only information worth paying attention to. When we observe fellow workers doing excellent work: this is not wanted or appreciated information and the result is a very negative culture were team work is concerned. Slander and defamation get you far in this company. Team building will leave you an outcast.

Best of the best in it's business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at VectorUSA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High marks to the management of this company and the direction they are heading. Employees get the right tools and equipment for their project requirements to accomplish the tasks assigned. Pay and benefits are highly competitive to say the least. I have enjoyed working here for the past 2 years.

Cons

I think the only cons I have encountered has been the negativity from the few employees who seem never satisfied or that they are owed more but doing so much less than the others working around them. This does break down the cohesion and teamwork aspect slightly and causes a distraction. Also, although not bad but I think that information flow from upper levels to lower levels could use a step up to ensure a smoother more fluid work flow throughout.

RSS Feed </> Embed