VectorUSA

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

David Zukerman

Awesome company, great people, but cultural liability and problem

Field Technician (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsVector has visionary people who understand that doing everything is a success strategy. They invest in their people, and have a nice benefits package. They give employees quality support, there is a focus on bottom line getting things done. Overall: they recruit knowledgeable people with skills. For my role: it is not as polished as other companies; this is a newer group within the company and there is a lot to learn. I chose Vector because of these factors: it is a place where I would LIKE to finish my career.

ConsImmediately upon working here: I noticed that there is a lot of politics, and talking behind the backs of others by management. People seem to thrive on speaking ill of others when they are not around and this behavior is actually REWARDED. Once we become targets of slander or defamation: we are allowed no recourse and told to remain silent. Also: field techs are not always supplied appropriately and must go to the warehouse to check out what supplies will be required for each project and then return the balance at project end so that everything is billed to the appropriate job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTwo things really:

1. the easier that things are made for field personnel: the better that they will perform for you. Putting all of the burden of supplies on the field people is difficult but the inventory is so tightly managed (understandably) that field people are almost always under-supplied. You already know this and have been improving steadily, but encourage the process to consider the expectations of your field people.

2. The culture of rewarding rumor and gossip mongers is costing you talent. While I may be one of the more recent to leave: morale is low there amongst people who are being adversely spoken about behind their backs and hear about it. Many of my peers are also seeking to leave (though they have not said so) and for the same reason. By the way? I have carefully listened to the managers gossip about employees behind their backs and compared it to what I see the employees doing in the field and the two are NOT compatible. You have talented people but do not recognize or appreciate them all equally. In fact: your managers reward those who malign others behind their backs because they seem to feel that this is the only information worth paying attention to. When we observe fellow workers doing excellent work: this is not wanted or appreciated information and the result is a very negative culture were team work is concerned. Slander and defamation get you far in this company. Team building will leave you an outcast.

Professional Services forget it

Network Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsPlenty of opportunity
    Free doughnuts on Fridays

ConsNetwork/Professional Services folks are treated like construction workers
    HR Department is treacherous
    Pay is below market

Advice to Senior ManagementNetwork professionals aren't aren't construction journeymen

Best of the best in it's business

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsHigh marks to the management of this company and the direction they are heading. Employees get the right tools and equipment for their project requirements to accomplish the tasks assigned. Pay and benefits are highly competitive to say the least. I have enjoyed working here for the past 2 years.

ConsI think the only cons I have encountered has been the negativity from the few employees who seem never satisfied or that they are owed more but doing so much less than the others working around them. This does break down the cohesion and teamwork aspect slightly and causes a distraction. Also, although not bad but I think that information flow from upper levels to lower levels could use a step up to ensure a smoother more fluid work flow throughout.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tech (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThis company is great to work for

Conspart time work was not working with my schedule

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not lie about work longevity

Worked for VectorUSA? Contribute to the Community!