Vectren

Add Photos

Vectren President, CEO, and Director Carl L. Chapman

Carl L. Chapman

Execellent Benefits and Growth

ProsVectren puts a priority on hiring internal candidates for new positions. Lots of opportunities for community involvement. Benefits and Pay are great.

ConsExternal candidates are offered better salary than internal candidates regardless of qualification when applying for new positions

Advice to Senior ManagementMake employee pay fair when applying for new positions

Horrible

Customer Service (Former Employee) Evansville, IN

ProsI did like that is was casual dress. You can wear jeans or sweatpants to work.

ConsCatty employees and manager. Constant feeling the upper management is out to get you. Trained to be rude to customers and give false information

Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe stock still pays dividend

ConsPoor Long Term Vision by Management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very corporate, follow the rules, not much individuality

Communication Intern (Former Employee) Evansville, IN

ProsOpportunities to be involved in the community / volunteer events because Vectren spends a great deal of money for charity and for employees to be active in the community

ConsIndividuals don't get to make many decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more individualized to employees

Good.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Evansville, IN

ProsPretty good benefits. Opportunity to expand my knowledge base with such a diverse portfolio of entities.

ConsCommunity perspective of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementObtain employee feedback.

Good, stable place to work but sometimes is very chaotic and unorganized.

Specialist (Current Employee) Evansville, IN

ProsGood PTO and holiday time
    Good Pay

ConsChaotic Management in areas
    Communication gaps appear

every day is like going to the circus, its complete chaos, never knowing from day to day what you may or may not do...

FITTER/WELDER (Current Employee) Clarksville, IN

Prosthe benifit package (as of now) is great. the pay is well above average for the area. the location is centrally located making the commute to and from work very short for me.

Consthe most aggrivating part of the job is being on service watch, the schedule is very unfriendly, and the process of utilizing the people on service watch isn't fair, economical or safe for costomers in the service teritory. the closing or "consolidation" of 16 locations makes it sometimes well over a 1 1/2 hr response time to a natural gas emergency. that to me, and many others, is unacceptable.

Advice to Senior Managementi would advise senior managment to look close at what is really important to the employees and customers. is the work being done with the the customers dollar in mind? has the recent GPS tracking actually made the work more efficient? not in my location! many of the workers have complained about driving nearly twice as far and doing half as much work... if it were me looking at the sittuation i would have to think that is a "waste of money" not to mention the more miles you travel, the more opportunity you expose your fleet of vehicles and personel to vehicular accidents. this is just ONE of *** MANY*** sittuations that could be looked at and corrected. the new technology used to track work being done isnt easy to use, needless to say the none of the systems work with the others... thus, creating more work for more people for no reason. NOTHING IS EFFICIENT ANYMORE!!!

Great Org. First Class CEO

ProsGood progressive company. Great management

ConsCould offer additional development opportunities

Challenging and enjoyable

Customer Service (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits and opps goal oriented

Consirate customers and push to offer value added services and conservation.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue added services and Conservation shouldn't be something offered with every call. Customers that have been with us for yrs don't want to hear it with every call. Offer to the NEW customers.

Worked for Vectren? Contribute to the Community!