Vedder Price Kaufman & Kammholz

Robert J. Stucker

1. Great place to work

Former Employee - Student in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Student in Boston, MA

I worked at Vedder Price Kaufman & Kammholz (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training, awesome work environment, low stress. Great place to work.

Cons

None that come to mind.

2. Human Resources Intern

I worked at Vedder Price Kaufman & Kammholz part-time

Pros

I loved the staff I was working with and I always had a task to work on. Vedder Price provides really good experience if you are looking to get a job in HR full-time after school.

Cons

Most of the work was submitted by paper instead of electronically. I think in order for them to keep up with the twenty-first century they need to switch over to electronic filing.

3. Great Place

Current Employee - Summer Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Summer Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vedder Price Kaufman & Kammholz full-time

Pros

Great environment, great people, early practical experience early on. I enjoyed my summer a lot.

Cons

I have no cons to report. I had a great summer and can't wait until I'm working full-time. Excited to grow as an attorney at Vedder Price.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for the company. I really enjoyed my time there. I look forward to my future there.

5. Technology Support Specialist

Current Employee - Technology Support Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technology Support Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vedder Price Kaufman & Kammholz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people who work at Vedder are very friendly. The firm allows you to grow professionally and expand your responsibilities.

Cons

Some of the software is outdated. Upgrades are in the works but the roll out of the upgraded software is slow.

Advice to Management

A tuition reimbursement program would encourage employees to seek additional certifications and the firm would benefit from this process.

6. I would take a bullet for my co-workers

Current Employee - Immigration Paralegal in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Immigration Paralegal in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vedder Price Kaufman & Kammholz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I simply love this place! Great opportunity and efforts are appreciated!

Cons

None thus far. No place is perfect but this firm seems perfect to me.

Advice to Management

Employee matters could be handled with a bit more compassion.

7. Company Review

Pros

Professional and specialized staff Pro-active management in areas of General Counsel and HR Open to constructive feedback from employees You're not just a number

Cons

Not really cons as these are things I know that are being discussed and worked on... Better utilization of professional staff More aggressive commitment to change Slow progression on some very basic things

Advice to Management

Your professional and specialized employees have a wealth of knowledge which could really help the firm. Use and embrace it. If it isn't broken, don't fix it should never be the motto to lead a firm. Change is necessary to compete, grow, and meet best practices.

8. Great Working Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vedder Price Kaufman & Kammholz full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Vedder Price is a great firm to work for. The attorneys are friendly and the administration professionals are approachable and always willing to listen. Great benefits, great work environment. The firm has weathered tough economic times, even expanding its reach to include offices in London and Los Angeles. Knowing you're standing on solid ground is huge, and Vedder Price offers that. For a firm its size, the working relationships at Vedder Price between the people working in different support positions around the firm are surprisingly intimate, which is great.

Cons

As the firm has grown, flexibility in firm policy has waned a little bit, but I suppose that's to be expected.

Advice to Management

I guess I would say that facilitating as much inclusion of the firm's support staff as is possible in terms of the future of the firm as it expands is crucial; communication and inclusion in the process goes a long way in making employees feel valued and appreciated.

9. So far, my favorite law firm in 18 years

Current Employee - Legal Secretary in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Legal Secretary in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vedder Price Kaufman & Kammholz (More than 5 years)

Pros

Depends on who you work for. I love my bosses. They treat me with respect, and I have never experienced this at work in a long time. The new secretarial staff supervisor, Anne, is so nice. I never have to work overtime...but again, it depends on who you work for.

Cons

The only complaint that I have is that secretaries can request days off during the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, but you are not always able to get the days off you want due to minimal staffing during the holidays. It is understandable though since everyone wants to take off during the holidays, and work still needs to get done.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a MUCH better job now that a lot of changes have been made within the firm. Hoping for some more changes, and foresee it happening in the next year or two.

10. Eh, if the money is good

Pros

Good pay, most people are nice.

Cons

The place reeks of white collar crime. Technology is infuriatingly out of date and dysfunctional.

Not good

Pros

There were no pros to working at this company

Cons

No teamwork or resources, awful work culture

RSS Feed </> Embed