Vedior North America

Alice Stein

A good place to work

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Wakefield, MA
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Vedior North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, learned many skills, easy commute.

Cons

Too many divisions with differing policies and practices, little chance for advancement,

Make better decisions regarding software keeping integrated functions and better communication between departments

Great company to work as FT consultant with benefits

I have been working at Vedior North America

Pros

Bigger network, good recruiters to place

Cons

Not Applicable Not Applicable NA

This was a contract position at Wells Fargo

Former Employee - User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Vedior North America

Pros

Friendly and responsive recruiters. Very large agency, which has potential advantages in terms of placement opportunities. Good pay rates. Does not come across as a fly-by-night "body shop", like so many other high tech placement firms.

Cons

Benefit package was so-so. The health plans were quite expensive (I was hoping for more reasonable plans considering their size).

Local office (formerly Sapphire Technologies) seemed reluctant to help me find international placements. I'd expressed interest in taking on long-term gigs in exotic locales (like Paris, London, Hong Kong), but the recruiters didn't help. They just told me to use the company's website to search for positions.

My biggest complaint was that after my gig was finished at Wells Fargo, Vedior was not able to find any additional work for me, even though I'd received glowing reviews from my managers and colleagues at Wells Fargo. Granted, this happened during a bad recession. Nevertheless, the tech sector has really picked up lately...

I don't have much direct experience with management, besides the folks in the local (SF) office, but I did feel like I was appreciated, respected, and my concerns were taken seriously, which I appreciate.