Veeco Instruments

John R. Peeler

Project Engineer

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Somerset, NJ

ProsExcellent Work Environment with Good Benefits

ConsThere is none. Veeco is good company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

In charge of Asia sales of MOCVD system

Sales Director (Former Employee) Somerset, NJ

ProsThe best technology in the market,
    Work with Professional people

ConsManagement teams are not efficient

Challenging and worth working

Senior Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) BinĂ£n, Laguna (Philippines)

ProsGood leadership of Management. Employees are well compensated. Vast access and good opportunity to training and seminars on current latest technology on Process equipments.

ConsStress with customer relations, Providing continuous support and assistance to pending issues on tools not described in factory final quality test.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the worst employer

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsDecent salary, vacation and benefits. Working with people creating amazing technology.

ConsUpper management seems overly concerned with the shareholders and market perceptions. A truly successful company would make them happier. Need the courage and finding to complete new projects in a timely manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementFinish what you start. You have great people willing for you who love what they do and would give you amazing products if allowed.

good and not so good.

Field Service Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsTeam I worked with were fantastic engineers. My immediate management backed me up when I needed it with a difficult customer.

ConsI was changing to a job which was going to be full time travel. Upper management did not stand up for me against the customer which were using me as a contract negotiation tactic.

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsInteresting technology. Good people in general. For quite a stretch the profit sharing checks were generous. As the world leader in MOCVD for high brightness LEDs when the market comes back profit sharing will be good.

ConsProfound Lack of vision and leadership at the engineering 'leadership' level. Currently there aren't resources for a lot of product development. Too many chiefs and not so many Indians.

Advice to Senior ManagementA leader is different than a manager. A Ph.D does not assure leadership. In fact there is an inverse relationship between the two. Promote the authentic leader in the engineering department.

Average Experience

Process Technology Intern (Current Employee) Somerset, NJ

ProsThe people are very nice. You learn from the experienced individuals in the field. The work was interesting, kept you involved.

ConsEnvironment is boring, quiet. Many meetings but not too many solutions. Many have a very thick accent, sometimes hard to understand.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a consistent pace.

Good learning, senior management is clueless

Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee) Somerset, NJ

ProsGood opportunities if you are smart
    Work life balance
    Decent pay for the area
    Good camaraderie

Cons4 layoffs in 16 months
    Business is highly fluctuative
    Senior management constantly in flux

Advice to Senior ManagementOwn up to your successes and failures.
    Don't just expect problems to go away or play politics to shift things around.

It is okay

Software Support Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGlobal exposure and good technologies.

ConsVery dynamic and less ownership.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on customer service where there are high revenues rather than getting carried away by politics and emotion.

Sales Account Manager

Sales Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsVery competitive salary and good benefits. Potential to double base pay at plan. Veeco is the #1 or #2 company in targeted markets.

ConsLimited career opportunities for field sales. Travel requirements can be extensive.

Worked for Veeco Instruments? Contribute to the Community!