Veeva Systems Reviews

Veeva Systems Founder, President and CEO Peter Gassner
Peter Gassner

1. Great company culture

I have been working at Veeva Systems

Pros

All of the people there are great, they love to help each other out and communicate. Very positive atmosphere. Pay is good, benefits are good. It's not hard to advance or move around the company. I would recommend working here.

Cons

The only con I've experienced so far is the interview process is a lot of work.

Good Company - Making Many Changes Recently

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Veeva Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Good culture and good talent. Almost everybody truly cares about their work and the clients and that's important. - Great PTO policy (unlimited days, up to manager discretion) - Cornering the market is always a good thing! - Great products, some of the best in the Pharma/Life Sciences space - Most positions are travel as needed, can do more/less - flexible and good - Almost everybody has an open-door policy and is willing to listen and adjust as necessary

Cons

- Too much recent (last 18-24 months) hiring at the Management + level (Directors, Sr. Directors, VPS, etc.) - bringing in a lot of good talent, but the boots on the ground feel like they aren't being given a fair opportunity most of the time - Pay is average, slightly below market for the industry - Post IPO, culture has changed... slightly tighter (likely due to the publicly traded aspect) - Growth opportunities for the "lower level" employees in certain parts of the company are tough to come by. There seems to be a culture of the "chosen few" and "the others" - Benefits are OK (Healthcare in inexpensive and Veeva contributes to the HSA account). No 401(k) matching AT ALL.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good momentum you've built! Please, respect those individuals who've put in 3 or more years, as they have significant knowledge. Look at these folks for internal growth and advancement. Please invest in programs that make employees feel they are sincerely valued (ex: matching 401(k), company events, swag, etc.). Little things go a long way!

3. yessssssssss

I have been working at Veeva Systems full-time

Pros

highly recommend this place to go to and learn the ins and outs of a call center. Great culture and spiffs. I love the sales contests every month.

Cons

The commute is long and the benefits are good, not great. I also dont like the donnuts they serve for breakfast.

Advice to Management

Hire more women

Good and getting better quickly.

I have been working at Veeva Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast growth Lots of folks got big raises this review cycle. Increased morale. Old posts regarding low salaries are a bit outdated now. Moving to a new building. Have seen the design and it will be very cool. Once moved into the new location (2 months from now) free lunches every day. Building a cafeteria and game room into the new building. Flat organizaiton Work/life balance is a strong plus.

Cons

CEO seems to have pull in areas outside his engineering area of expertise, and willing to give his opinion in all spaces as well. Still young regarding middle managers but they are building something to support manager development.

Advice to Management

Moving in the right direction. Have senior leadership focus on the next-big-thing instead of looking at what he wants to fix inside the company. We're doing just fine without him checking our code. :)

6. Fast paced, growing company

I have been working at Veeva Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, product, and location

Cons

Not competitive with salary, benefits are lacking

Advice to Management

Focus a bit more on employee success as well as customer success

7. Great fast paced innovative company

Current Employee - Business in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Business in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Veeva Systems

Pros

People, great products, happy customers

Cons

Work/life balance not ideal. Growing pains in way of process.

Advice to Management

Better work life balance needed across company which is difficult to do. Encourage this without employees thinking they are compromising on core values of intensity and passion.

An innovative, fast paced company that has a lot of improvements to do.

I worked at Veeva Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

- Company is doing very well financially. - Innovative, hardworking people that make things happen - Lunch provided by the company once a week, and monthly pizza party - Coworkers are very nice and fun to work with

Cons

- Not very functional work introduction process.. You have to find out so many things by your self. - Fast growing company, that is not moving as fast as it should in terms of employee success. - Unorganized and uses old ways in some of its technology - Bad ergonomics because of lack of space, but that should be fixed once the company moves to a new building which is in process.. - Hardworking people --> Crazy working hours. Seems like the company is flexible with working hours, and there's a good work-life balance, but long time employees say different.

I have truly enjoyed and appreciated my time with Veeva.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at Veeva Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Veeva expects the best from you and treats you as such. The management is filled with great people that are skilled at their jobs and even better at listening to their employees. I have learned so much in just one year with the company and have enjoyed every second of it.

Cons

The company performs an annual review once a year, so if you are new and miss it, you might be waiting awhile before you are considered for a raise/promotion.

Startup growing up

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Veeva Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senior management is always glad to listen to ideas, complaints, anything. They will take the time if you ask for it. Flexible work hours and location. Good amount of variable compensation. Good medical benefits + new fitness program.

Cons

Unlimited PTO is great but managers do not respect personal time anyway. Holidays, weekends, nights - all interrupted on a regular basis. Mid-level managers tend to be a bit power hungry. Very cliquey, only the favorites get promoted.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more of a career path, right now it is nonexistent. While speed is great, sometimes we are running so fast it's too late to change direction after realizing we are going the wrong way. CEO - I know you believe in the company values - you need to make sure your reports' reports do.

Software engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Veeva Systems

Pros

working environment is the only good thing.

Cons

low pay. no respect to employee. management is a mess. product sucks. technology is very very old.

Advice to Management

respect you employee and pay them high.

RSS Feed </> Embed