Veeva Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Veeva Systems Founder, President and CEO Peter Gassner

Peter Gassner

Good balance of work and extra curricular

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsExposure to lot of different aspects of development. Good scope for growth. People are flexible and very open to suggestions.

ConsNot much to say, very friendly environment.

Current employee very pleased with decision to work here

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsManagement is very involved and understanding. Wages are comparable to other companies in the area.
    Work is enjoyable and fits into my family life schedule for the most part.

ConsBenefits need to be improved. Only basic benefits currently. Not enough opportunity to mingle with co-workers outside your dept.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide employees with more information on status of company and stock.

Awesome place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou learn a lot of the good and bad about the industry and the challenges they bring. Very friendly place to work and focused on work life balance

ConsNo Cons that I can think of

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

two thumbs up

Prosgreat company to work for

Consmaybe better salaries in the future

Great Company, Great Industry, Average Opportunity

ProsThe company is still operated in some senses as a start-up, even after going public in 2013 and growing to more than 800 employess worldwide. You may not find more intelligent individuals in a single organization.

ConsPromotions are difficult to come by. Theh organization seems to be layering high level titles for new product lives and to some extent, forgetting about individuals who helped build the organization. Base salary for many is poor, but offset with a fair incentive compensation program (% of billings). Definitely not a top paying company - but fair.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease focus on Employy growth and success, invest in it, make it a foundation of the company. You have the clients and are selling well - but you need to take time to work with those who ask for it and want it. A little effort goes a long way!

Overworked and underpaid

Engineer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsCollaborative work environment, flexible schedule. Still a small enough company that every employee gets to wear a lot of different hats.

ConsSalaries are pitiful and there's no room for negotiation. Drives home the feeling that the company doesn't care much for employees success.

Advice to Senior ManagementVeeva is not hurting for money. It's time to begin to reverse this era of grossly underpaying your most valuable employees. (Because FYI the smart ones will jump ship as soon as employee lock-up ends next week.)

Associate QA Engineer

Associate QA Engineer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsMore versatile opportunities to grow along with company.

ConsHave not found any cons yet

Great Opportunities

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsIt has all of the fun of working at a start up, such as smart hard working people, new technologies and the feeling that the work we do matters, but without the worry of job security that many start ups have.

ConsI can't wait until they grow out of their current building, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making customer success your number one priority.

Fun place to work with very helpful and collaborative team.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHelpful and collaborative team members, focus on customer needs, close-knit teams, accessible managers, fast development cycle. Quality culture which is very easygoing and focused at solving problems rather than assigning blame.

ConsNone that I can really think of at the moment. Lots of positive things overall about the company, and it's growing fast. Standup at 9:15am is a tad early for a tech company, but it's fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the culture

Best job yet.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsClear vision for the company. Quarterly all-hands calls at both company and department level keep everyone up-to-date on recent achievements and the path forward.
    Company is very aware of the competitive hiring environment in the Bay Area, and makes an effort to keep current employees happy and successful.
    Can't really complain about any major decisions made by management. Minor concerns I have had were heard and acted upon.

ConsCan be a painful commute if you don't live in the immediate area or have easy BART ride to the Dublin/Pleasanton station.

Worked for Veeva Systems? Contribute to the Community!