Vegas.com

Vegas.com McArthur Steven

Steven

Hanging on...

I have been working at Vegas.com full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCompany cares about employees that work hard
If you do well, you're rewarded (sometimes it take a while but it will happen)
Still fun - amazing people to work with
After a while, it's not just a place to work but a 2nd home

ConsThe last few years have been rough
We lost morale with layoffs and constant management changes

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to see the company grow out of the hole that we've been dug into, let the people that know the business help.

Working at Vegas.com has been an overall enjoyable work experience.

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Vegas.com full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat company culture, open to new suggestions and ideas, good learning community, casual work atmosphere, promotes team work and cross training

ConsOrganization is relatively flat and there are few opportunities for advancement.

Amazing company.....hard to say what comes next

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Vegas.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros* The people who work here are incredible.
* Fun and challenging work environment.
* Used to be true innovators in the Travel and Entertainment distribution business.

Cons* There really is no strategy. Just listing from one thing to another.
* Hard to say where future growth will come from without better direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a strategy for success that fits with core competencies and objectives and express this to AT LEAST the key managers if not the whole company.

Focus, focus, focus...

I have been working at Vegas.com full-time

Pros*Great co-workers.
*Fun and relaxed environment.
*Still get nice perks like show comps.
*Benefits are good and improving
*Management made some good decisions recently on cuts that were made and in hiring a new CEO that has an excellent knowledge of the business (Jim Gibson is no longer the CEO, but is still with the company...nothing against him or his decisions, but it is good to have someone at the helm with more technical knowledge). They also have refined the focus of the business to the core competencies which has improved the bottom line.

ConsThe company is dependent on the economy, more specifically the Vegas tourism economy. This means it'll always be a roller coaster ride along with the economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget what the core of this business will always be.

At one time, it was a great place to work but once the ownership sucked the life out of it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Vegas.com full-time

ProsMost people there were great and everyone really got along well. Before ownership's involvement, the executive team and staff built a really great company.

ConsThe ownership gave 1,000 directions at once, made poor decisions based on what they "felt", couldn't decide what was important and when things went downhill brought in consultants to just cut the company off at the knees without ever taking any responsibility. Sad that a great place was taken apart by the owners.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company to an organization that could run it more effectively.

A Fun, Casual Atmosphere Became One That's Sad

I have been working at Vegas.com full-time

Pros- You get to meet celebrities
- You get to go to some shows
- Halloween used to be fun

ConsManagement does not communicate anything to their staff and when they do it's confusing. People live in terror of losing their jobs every day. Any tiny rumor makes everyone scared. Management does not offer praise for a job well done. Many promises for no more layoffs, only to have more layoffs. Morale is very low and it seems like management doesn't know it. Everyone is afraid to form friendships because they don't want to lose that friend. No one trusts anyone else there.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more openly with staff and treat them like people. Tell them they're doing a good job. Reassure them that their jobs are not in jeopardy. Get some training so you can learn to deal with people.

Used to be great company

QA Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vegas.com full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLots of opportunities to see shows for free.

ConsThere are layoffs every two months.

Great entertainment perks!!

Box Office & Concierge (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vegas.com

ProsShow Comps
Tour Comps
Great work environment

ConsLack of communication during lay offs

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication and increased sense of urgency during company downsizing

Fun place to work but you will never advance within the company unless you stay their for 10+ years.

Marketing/Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Vegas.com

ProsThere are a lot of fun benefits to working at Vegas.com -- free show tickets, nightclubs, full access to Las Vegas. They also do fun employee events like Rock band competitions and Halloween festivities.

ConsThe biggest con to working here is the lack of upward mobility. They prefer to hire external employees rather than growing internal talent. Also, senior management are poor communicators. They also do not challenge their employees to be better. If you are ok with the status quo and never thinking outside the box then this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think their managers were never taught how to be managers. This company should consider sending them to training. The managers need to interact with their employees more and give their employees more resources to help them meet their company and professional goals. They also should commend a job well done, when appropriate.

VEGAS.com a fun place to work, and a good place to start a career

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vegas.com

ProsFun place to work, the hours aren't bad, President has a good growth pattern for the company. It's a good place to start a career, but not a place to stay in the long term.

ConsMost benefits have been pulled within the last few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining is essential for a forward thinking company.

Worked for Vegas.com? Contribute to the Community!

Vegas.com – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are VEGAS.com's mission is to be the most customer friendly, innovative and comprehensive Vegas travel company. To meet that mission, we are constantly enhancing our travel product mix, improving the usability… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vegas.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vegas.com CEO Steven. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Vegas.com employees.