Vein Clinics of America

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daniel P. Doman

Veins Clinics is a great organization

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oakbrook Terrace, IL

ProsThe reason why I like working for Vein Clinics it's because there is no micromanagement, also its family oriented. Everyone gets along. we all work as a team.

ConsLike in every work force there are challenges and commitments however the communication within this organization lacks in many levels. There is room for improvement and I believe they are making those change slowly which I do see.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is the key to success within the organization. However, keep doing the great work you have always have.

Run as fast as you can!

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsFinally some turnover in Sr leadership.. more need to go. Entire replacement of RVP, VP level needs to happen. President already left, Directors too.

ConsBackstabbing, while they have their arm around you saying 'let me support you' they are dipping the knife in poison. Don't trust anything they say. Field sales bonus is NOT paid because no one can hit their crazy numbers. They have basically dropped goals and just want more than last year. JOKE.
    If you have an interview ask about how many people make bonus or even hit goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the RVPs. DISASTER!

Nursing in a small office with the benefits of being a large company.

Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsAs a nurse in the health care industry, we often barely have two minutes with our patients. Working here I get to know all my patients and develope long lasting relationships with them. I look forward to seeing them in a year/few years to catch up with them. I have been working with this company for almost seven years and I enjoy the opportunities of growth. I am preceptor for the company and just recently the company flew all the preceptors to one region to expand our knowledge and skills. They paid for all the accomidations and I was paid for the hours on my usually off weekends. That is another benefit of working here, my hours are Monday-Friday!

ConsI feel this company is taking strides to make change and improvements when needed. I have wanted more opportunities for growth. I was very excited about the workshops they are implementing.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider offering surveys about any concerns or issues employees may have and be sure to follow through with feedback.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do not work here

Office Manager (Current Employee)

Prosthere are no good reasons

ConsToo much work, unreasonable, they do not give you the resources to accomplish the work, its all about $$$, they don't care about the patients

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some good managers, don't hire people just because they fit the mold of how you want them to look. Get some managers with true experience in the medical/insurance field

VCA - Nice in Theory

RN Provider (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsWhen I accepted the job offer, I was excited and enthusiastic about the corporate culture that touted teamwork, collaborative effort, clear communication, interdisciplinary approach and patient education.

ConsI only wish the stated values and culture were true in actuality. Upon accepting the position offer, I was excited and enthusiastic about being a member of an organization that was team oriented, patient centered and had immediate and measurable efficacy. I soon found interventions / treatments that benefitted profit over necessity.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonthly profit goals may motivate and offer incentive to promote and submit approval for treatments that maximize corporate profit over patient need.

RUN! Do not apply to this dysfunctional nightmare of a company!

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsThere are a lot of good, hard-working people at this company.

ConsSenior management is indecisive and clueless (specifically two individuals). They absolutely do not care about the employees and will stab anybody in the back to save their own tails. I'm surprised the parent company has not figured out that senior management has no clear vision or direction for the company. They continuously create bonus plans and goals that are unattainable and they humiliate the medical liaisons daily. The marketing department is over worked, and understaffed and there is very limited marketing support for the field since they laid off the field Regional Marketing Managers. Furthermore, they do not do anything to motivate the office staff. Sadly, employees are just numbers and VCA will lay you off in a split second without notice. VCA laid off over a dozen employees without notice and gave many of them one week's severance because they don't care about people's lives. Do not apply to this company under any circumstances because you will surely regret it! I wish I could rate this place with negative stars!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making so many decisions based on emotions and PLEASE stop putting people on performance improvement plans for making the slightest mistake. My advice to Senior Management is it's harder to fall from the top and it won't be long before the parent company realizes that you are clueless and running this company into the ground. Karma is real so you might want to start trying to treat people with dignity and respect.

ostrich with head in the ground

Prossome of the clinic staff are nice. have some good connections here. the liaisons i work with are nice

Consbonus plan pays little to nothing, dont believe the percentage they tell you that is bankable. senior management changes their strategy every few months (tells you they really dont know what they are doing!!) information about goals shows up months late. lots of finger pointing by senior management (especially one person) and will do whatever it takes (which means bad for employees) to make their money. not about patients but clearly about the money. RUN!

Advice to Senior Managementget a clue. hopefully parent company will have the leadership to clean house here and get some some people who know how to encourage, support, and grow their employees. too many who turn a blind eye to what happens here. what a great company and opportunity this company has to be great. BUT NOT with the leadership in place.

Fabulous company to work for.

Professional (Current Employee)

ProsGrowing organization that offers career growth. Excellent Benefits and professional people to work with. Work in healthcare and enjoy your weekends off. I have learned so much about vein disease and truly want to help as many people as I can.

ConsWhere there is growth is growing pains. Need change in order to grow. We haven't been able to be in every state yet but we some great goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to suggestions and continue to invest in our people.

VCA should not be at the top of your list

ProsThe company is growing very rapidly.

ConsSenior management is incompetent and isn't very good at providing feasible solutions. Each time an issue arises, the blame game starts, and no one takes responsibility for their own actions. Employees are scared to speak freely about the issues they're facing because they are scare they'll receive backlash from senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and treat them with respect. Stop pointing fingers and start providing solutions. Create a better work environment for everyone and encourage your staff to provide feedback to make the work environment better. It may be easier to start fresh with a new senior management team...

Do not work for Vein Clinics of America

ProsNone - I would have rather given them no stars.

ConsVery poor senior management/leadership within this organization. When an issue arises there is not a culture of coming together to work through it and find a solution, instead there is a great deal of finger pointing. This is a toxic work environment. Only accept a position here if you are currently out of work, then continue actively with your job search. You will not be happy at this organization, regardless of the department you are in.

Worked for Vein Clinics of America? Contribute to the Community!