Vein Clinics of America

Nurse

Current Employee - RN Provider
    Current Employee - RN Provider

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America

Pros

Great schedule and great client's to work with. Very nice work environment and co-workers. Pay is very reasonable as well. Great Autonomy if you like working more independently. Descent training as well. Very team oriented at clinics.

Cons

Not a lot of direct oversite from management which can be good and bad.

Be more available on site just to keep your presence aware and mindful to staff.

Not what they promise

I worked at Vein Clinics of America

Pros

M-F work week. Offer benefits.

Cons

NOT the hours, flexibility, personal growth experience, or employee input that is promised. All about the $$. Much pressure to make more and more each month with no acceptance for status quo. Very stressful for every position to work in. Management has no clue or care about true patient care. Will put employees and patient care at risk by jamming more and more patients into schedules with the expectation of more lasers found and patient satisfaction. If you like legalized sweat shops, apply here.

Truly follow EACH clinician/medical provider for 1 day EACH in EACH busy office and see if you would want to be taken care of as a patient there.

Profit oriented company that does not care about employees.

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America

Pros

In general, the company does a pretty good job of taking care of patients with well intentioned staff. However, the corporate approach to patient care is less driven by patient care or employee satisfaction than company profits.

Cons

Staff retention is poor due to disillusionment with regard to the internal conflict between their desire to provide quality patient care within a corporate structure that is constantly in conflict with the staff's goals and intentions. The corporate representation of the job is world's away from the actual experience.

More dedicated attention to staff needs and less pressure on staff to attain unrealistic monetary targets they are expected to meet on a daily basis to increase staff retention and job satisfaction.

One of the best places I worked in. Very challenging and interesting. Never a dull moment.

Former Employee - Office Assistant
    Former Employee - Office Assistant

I worked at Vein Clinics of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people. Great Benefits. Reasonable working hours.

Cons

Corporate puts on a lot pressure on meeting financial monthly target.

Corporate needs to analyze the market of each individual office so that they can meet their monthly quota fairly. A clinic in a town will not be as profitable as a clinic in a city.

Would give this place MINUS 5 stars if possible!

Former Employee - Ultrasound Technologist
    Former Employee - Ultrasound Technologist

I worked at Vein Clinics of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The paycheck and nothing more.

Cons

Profit trumps necessity in some offices, so if you have a moral compass-avoid this company PERIOD.
    You will not be considered a "team player" if you so much as question odd practices that you WILL come up against.
    It pays to check out employees reviews of VCA on this site and others to get the real picture.
    Again, avoid this place-seriously!

Other than hoping the current group gets replaced by people who actually care about the patient's well being and treating their employees with respect, I have no advice for the current management. They could care less.

Veins Clinics is a great organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The reason why I like working for Vein Clinics it's because there is no micromanagement, also its family oriented. Everyone gets along. we all work as a team.

Cons

Like in every work force there are challenges and commitments however the communication within this organization lacks in many levels. There is room for improvement and I believe they are making those change slowly which I do see.

Communication is the key to success within the organization. However, keep doing the great work you have always have.

Run as fast as you can!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Finally some turnover in Sr leadership.. more need to go. Entire replacement of RVP, VP level needs to happen. President already left, Directors too.

Cons

Backstabbing, while they have their arm around you saying 'let me support you' they are dipping the knife in poison. Don't trust anything they say. Field sales bonus is NOT paid because no one can hit their crazy numbers. They have basically dropped goals and just want more than last year. JOKE.
    If you have an interview ask about how many people make bonus or even hit goal.

Fire the RVPs. DISASTER!

Nursing in a small office with the benefits of being a large company.

Current Employee - Nurse
    Current Employee - Nurse

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a nurse in the health care industry, we often barely have two minutes with our patients. Working here I get to know all my patients and develope long lasting relationships with them. I look forward to seeing them in a year/few years to catch up with them. I have been working with this company for almost seven years and I enjoy the opportunities of growth. I am preceptor for the company and just recently the company flew all the preceptors to one region to expand our knowledge and skills. They paid for all the accomidations and I was paid for the hours on my usually off weekends. That is another benefit of working here, my hours are Monday-Friday!

Cons

I feel this company is taking strides to make change and improvements when needed. I have wanted more opportunities for growth. I was very excited about the workshops they are implementing.

Consider offering surveys about any concerns or issues employees may have and be sure to follow through with feedback.

I LOVE my job!

Current Employee - Medical Liaison
    Current Employee - Medical Liaison

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work with many amazing hard working people. We provide an excellent health service to patients that I am very proud to represent. Professionally, I have always felt fulfilled and valued. I have been able to grow and learn within each role I have taken.

Cons

I know I can make more money elsewhere. But if you are looking for a stable job that is fulling and will allow you to learn and grow! This is a good place to work.

Do not work here

Current Employee - Office Manager
    Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there are no good reasons

Cons

Too much work, unreasonable, they do not give you the resources to accomplish the work, its all about $$$, they don't care about the patients

Get some good managers, don't hire people just because they fit the mold of how you want them to look. Get some managers with true experience in the medical/insurance field