Velapoint Reviews in Beaverton, OR

Updated July 3, 2014
3.5

Aaron Goddard

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Give them a week and they give you a career

Current Employee - Agent in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Agent in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Velapoint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fast growing company that cares about their employees. I have worked for 3 different Insurance brokerages/companies and this is the only one that delivers on their promises. I was unlicensed. They paid for my license and training. I am now licensed in 30 States and am on track to make $80,000 this year. I am never leaving.

Cons

I want more Rockstars. I want a way that I can consistently get coffee and Rockstars and make it automatic. Create an email or something that notifies me as soon as I earn one.

Don't listen to the haters. They are typically people who think they can do your job better than you, but have never been in management. They don't know how difficult your job is. Keep it up. You all work hard and are passionate about this place. It shows.

Wouldn't want to work anywhere else

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Velapoint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Velapoint is a fantastic place to work. It's upbeat, full of energy, and the environment is something where you look forward to coming into work each day. The leadership structure is well put together to allow people to focus on what is required. They are always growing and the opportunity to move up with the company is endless. They recognize hard work and dedication.

Cons

With any company, they expect you to show up on time and ready to do your job. When you are late or not meeting expectations, there are policies in place to help correct or reprimand appropriately. However, if this occurs, typically the individual deserves it as they come after several warnings to abide by their expectations. Although there are not employee benefits that are offered, compensation easily makes up for individual sponsored benefits.

Keep it up! Love it here!

Health insurance is a tough job based on your initial commitment-licensing, screening calls, unresponsive clients.

Former Employee - Insurance in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Insurance in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Velapoint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You will be exposed to a variety of insurance solutions. Your phone will never be idle because you'll have responsibility to dial it. Ultimately, you will find an inner voice that lets you sell insurance. Pay is commensurate with your selling ability.

Cons

You will be fed if you consistently sell, otherwise you may have to dig yourself out by working twice as hard going through useless leads and talking to "blanks" that don't know what they want. Stress builds up - and someone is always listening and watching your every moove-literally. No company benefits. No paid time off. You will not keep residual commissions. Everyone starts out as a screener-if you respect youself and have dignity-tell them to take the Screener role out for you . Screening is you are not working for them, you are not even an employee- just someone willing to waste their own time and money for who knows how long to get a chance of being an insurance agent.

If screeners are not happy- then how insurance agents can be happy?

Velapoint doesn't care about the happiness of employees

I worked at Velapoint

Pros

If you keep your mouth shut and do what you're told, you could make good money

Cons

If you give suggestions or ask too many questions, they won't give you any warnings before firing you. Why? They have multiple hiring ads constantly up hiring as fast as possibly so that you are very easily replaceable.You need to have money in savings to get by the first 2 months of working. If you complain about only being paid about $7/hr, they won't hire you full-time to make more as an agent, and you will be out the whole cost of getting your licenses.

Pay your screeners more than $7/hr. Do not use screeners as guinea pigs to try out new lead methods. If the leads are not good, their earnings go way down. Why hire someone saying they will make $80,000/yr and then for first two months not pay them enough to live on so they quit or get fired from frustration?

Transparent

I worked at Velapoint

Pros

Relaxed dress code
    leads are provided

Cons

No benefits
    low commissions
    Lead cost actually comes out of agents commissions

Use annonymous employee surveys to allow the employees to help shape the company