Velocify

Updated December 10, 2014
4.2

Velocify President & CEO Nick Hedges
Nick Hedges

Fast paced tech company, always growing, always changing with phenomenal employee perks

I have been working at Velocify full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you are the type of employee that loves working in a team environment than this is the place for you. We hold each other accountable, and everyone relies on each other to work towards the end all goal. The company has an employee focused culture that promotes a "work hard, play hard" environment with great vacation PTO, employee benefits, and everything from a fully stocked kitchen to company paid gym memberships. People love coming to work, and don't mind putting in the extra hours and energy to keep our software cutting edge, and our company at the top of the list of places to work. If you like to complain then this is not the place for you. This company wants you to be part of the solution not the problem. Negative people who are looking to work the minimum 8 hour shift doing just enough work not to get fired don't last more than a few months.

Cons

Too many managers. Lots of upper management and not enough people on the ground. Some of the departments are understaffed, however that is changing and we are hiring rapidly. The company does not promote from within very often, mostly hire outside people for management opportunities.

Velocify offers a collaborative, rewarding work environment.

Current Employee - Director Marketing Communications in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Director Marketing Communications in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Velocify full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Velocify is in a high-growth market and is at the right place at the right time. It's exciting to be a part of this type of culture and to be a part of a team that is working together to better the sales industry.

While it is a collaborative environment, there is also plenty of opportunity for employees to make their mark. Taking on projects independently and having a direct impact on the growth of the business. It's amazing to see your work have an immediate impact.

The culture and people are great - smart and fun! We work hard and play hard. It's a little like a family.

Cons

Velocify is very much a office culture... if you are remote it may be more challenging to feel a part of the culture. Would recommend that remote employees travel into the office frequently to immerse themselves.

Seize the day - it is our time to shine! As a company we need to be as aggressive as possible in hiring the right talent, building an incredible product and support structure for our customers (with a laser like focus on what we do best - accelerate sales). And what good is an amazing product if the world doesn't know about it - increasing our marketing / sales efforts will also be incredibly important in the coming years.

A chance to create and make a difference within an organization I believe in.

I have been working at Velocify

Pros

Velocify has great energy and endless opportunities for growth and development!

Cons

Very fast pace and minimal processes

So far so good!

Velocify Employees - Be Careful

I worked at Velocify

Pros

Most of the reviews on this site seem quite accurate and reflective of the various department and colleague strengths and weaknesses, both positive and negative. However, I am writing this review to warn other reviewers and especially friends and former colleagues that many of the reviews on this site are not as anonymous as you may intend them to be and it's often very possible to finger the writer of these reviews. Nick, the CEO, is a ruthless competitor who would not hesitate to take action against comments written here if he even has a an unfounded hunch as to who maybe behind them. He has a very low opinion of everyone he works with so you will not get the benefit of the doubt if he feels you might be against him. Please be careful and if you write anything less than a 5-star review please take greater pains to shelter your identity. Velocify is a great if imperfect company to work for, just don't mess up your own life by over-sharing on here. Be safe.

Cons

Generally as good as it gets for a still growing and struggling B2B start up. If you want more fun and less stress in enterprise join Salesforce or Cornerstone. If you want more fun and more stress join a B2C.

Trust and empower current employees.

Velocify Response

Jan 12, 2015CEO

I wanted to respond to your comments personally as I worry they may discourage honesty from Velocifiers which is counter to the intent of Glassdoor and not what I want. As CEO of Velocify I genuinely ... More

Work here if you want to make a difference and be recognized for it

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Velocify

Pros

Things have improved a lot in the last year and new management is really starting to make a difference. Looking forward to be a part of the change. If you want to increase your experience level, you want to be here.

Cons

Not much to say here.

Get rewarded for hard work!

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist

I have been working at Velocify full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of vacation time, company events, games, snacks, happy hours, friendly people, etc.

Cons

Lots of work to be done

Keep rewarding people for their hard work

Great place to work

Current Employee - Analyst in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Velocify full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedules and many perks including weekly company sponsored happy hours, free food, and holiday time off. It's also a fun and open environment. Most employees are friendly.

Cons

There is not a lot of opportunities for personal growth. I have not seen too many people promoted or switch to a new department. Positions are usually filled with someone new instead of internal promotions.

More opportunities for personal growth. Perks can only go so far. Career advancement is more important than perks.

Fun, fast-moving company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Velocify full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers, casual dress code, great perks like snacks, weekly happy hours, and occasionally free meals. Overall great culture that wants to work hard and collaborate and build essential products in the enterprise space.

Cons

Not much to say here, except be ready to work hard and move fast if you join. It won't be a fulfilling and enjoyable experience if you just want to do your 40 hours and leave at 5pm.

Good startup vibe, with lots of technical debt.

I worked at Velocify full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing business & market
    Free food/snacks
    Good management and development opportunities

Cons

Tough 7x24 support for a buggy platform
    Demanding (and sometimes unattainable) goals

Have a little more fun

Forced to build products lead by a salesman/CEO who doesn't do his research

Former Employee - Sales in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Velocify full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Free food
    - Social activities
    - Break area with TV and couches

Cons

They build products lead by a salesman/CEO who doesn't do his research. When he insists that you ice skate on the lake during the summer (even if it doesn't make sense), all of the managers make us execute this nonsense goal. It is very strange. People are scared to talk sense.

The favortism towards the people who've been there the longest doesn't make it worth your time to come unless you need a Visa.

Hand-off the company to someone else; Make the SVP of Engineering the new CEO