Velti

Velti Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Velti CEO and Director Alexandros (Alex) Moukas

Alexandros (Alex) Moukas

Pros
  • Take charge of the full spectrum of mobile marketing tools(in 11 reviews)

• Location, location, location--close to BART in Financial District(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Weak product offering, 0 strategy from senior Management(in 11 reviews)

• No career path, skill development, room for advancement, or job security(in 4 reviews)

Once, a mobile marketing leader

Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsTake charge of the full spectrum of mobile marketing tools. They have it all, but it may be too much - a lack of focus has gotten Velti to the point where they don't have a leadership position in any specific area. To get back on top, they have to land new customers and reacquire old ones.

ConsChapter 11, Chapter 5. They were listed in NASDQ, now they are not listed at all.

Advice to Senior Managementget your stuff together

Saddest Work Experience of my Life!

Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe people, everyone I worked with in the trenches were amazing, one of the best teams I ever worked with and I miss working with them.

ConsManagement and Greed. This Company had the potential to do great things, BUT in 2011 they made some bad acquisitions and started doing bad business for fast cash that they could not collect, Senior Management loved big bright shiny new things and would pay what they had to to get it, now they can't buy mu house!

Advice to Senior ManagementNever start a Company again. You are not qualified!

The entire company has been a sinking ship since I started there over a year ago.

Product Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCasual atmosphere in the Atlanta office.

ConsThe stock promised as part of the compensation package is completely worthless and now they are being delisted from NASDAQ. Overall, poorly mismanaged.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf this company has any hope, stop hiring mediocre employees that contribute very little. Also, seriously evaluate the remaining employees, look at their actual responsibilities, and whether they're meeting (let alone exceeding) the expectations of their role.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good product, poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshot market product-mobile advertising, good technology exposure

Conspoor management

lessen spending on big buildings, prime locations and spend money on people

Advice to Senior Managementpoor management

First-Mover in Mobile industry; Badly Managed

ProsA few smart hardworking individuals; Build a good network of mobile industry people
    Locations (Heart of cities/towns wherever located: SF, Palo Alto)
    Global company (Presence in US, India, Africa, China, Mexico, UK, Greece, Cyprus, South Korea )
    Good mentors

ConsUnstable conditions, not hiring at the time of review
    Uncertain future
    No career growth
    Erratic hiring
    Overconfident CXOs
    Overspending on location, building
    No focus, limited tech talent spread too thinly over many random products

Great people and learning experience, but low employee morale and uncertain future...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsWorked with experts in the mobile ad tech ecosystem. Exposure to working with Fortune 100 brands.

ConsUpper management failed to provide a cohesive vision for the company. The future health of the company is uncertain, as they attempt to sell off assets and reorganize. Wish them the best, but employee morale is low.

Complete and utter s**tshow

ProsIn the middle of the mobile marketing ecosystem.

ConsDisarray on the executive level, Overcomplication of internal operations. No real product. Horrible culture.

bumpy

Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosownership, full vision to the business from end to end

Consunstability, not full support from teammates

Advice to Senior Managementsteer towards the consistant same business objective

Velti, not so bad

Prosamazing coworkers who are dedicated to working as a team to achieve goals, everyone is friendly and hard-working

Consbad management leading to poor overall company performance leading to a sad atmosphere around the office, it used to be MUCH better to work here

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest smarter!

Smart people on a train to wrecksville

Business Development (Former Employee)

ProsPeople are smart and kind. They have deep knowledge of the ad space and can provide you with a good understanding of everything. Good people to network with down the road, as well.

ConsUpper management. They wont be making and headlines for an excellent quarter. They also don't seem to understand what works and what we should spend our time on.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people going

Worked for Velti? Contribute to the Community!