Vendavo

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Vendavo President & CEO Neil Lustig

Neil Lustig

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Platform to express your ideas and make the most of your career!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsIf you performance well, you can make your role interesting and challenging. Senior management believes in the people in the organization and gives everyone the opportunity to seek professional development. Employees here take their careers and roles seriously. Many co-workers have been with Vendavo for a very long time (7+ years) and have had multiple promotions and/or transferred between roles and other departments.

Vendavo has several offices in the Czech Republic. We are given an opportunity to work closely with these offices and travel between the offices is normal. Vendavo is a good opportunity to get international experience and work directly with co-workers from other locations.

ConsMeeting the business goals requires hard work and sometimes long hours. This is not a place to come if you want to work less than 40 hours. Most of the company has a can do attitude even if that requires late nights or early mornings.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to build the business and the culture by seeking feedback from employees and sharing honest updates about the company.

If you like working long hours with low salary and not getting appreciated, this is the place to be!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

Prosactual working people in engineering are awesome.

There is a break room which has a good combination of fruits,coffee, tea, junk, etc

You get $200 gift card to your favorite restaurant if you put in 60+ hours a week. Lunch is included when working on weekends at the office.

ConsVendavo was founded in 1998. While the company might have grown since then, lately it has stagnated. Upper management is useless. Seems like they have no idea what they want their product to do. Engineers are blamed when the product doesn't launch in time. People are leaving(quitting) every other week. For every employee that leaves MV (hq) office, their work is outsourced to CZ.

Little to no bonus/ pay raise.

If you want to move up the chain, good luck with that because there is no process for it.

Some of the 4+star reviews here are written by HR.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop posting fake reviews on glassdoor. Focus on the employees and perhaps have a better appreciation of their work and long hours they put in.

Nice place to work

Lead Solutions Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsGood work environment, work life balance.

ConsProprietory languages makes difficult to keep up with the industry if you stay there for long. You'll forget what you have worked before.Less salary compared to other tech companies

Advice to Senior ManagementNot very aggresive. Even after been so long of more than 15 years.. still the revenues are not growing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A new CEO that is trying to change things hasn't had a positive impact.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsFitness classes and some in-office food.

ConsPoor salaries with little opportunity for growth. Catastrophic management (a lot of turf wars and poor decisions being forced top-down). A lot of petty internal politics. A lot of recent issues introduced with off-shoring of a large portion of the company to the CZ. A poor outlook on IPO, due to stagnating core business with nothing looking promising on the horizon.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on a cooperative atmosphere where people can actually be heard and have room to grow.

Great Company to work for!

Solutions Architect (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsTechnology, Flexible hours, Executive Management Focus and Drive.

ConsRather long wait for the IPO launch. Salary raises have been nominal. No 401k matching. Mid Level Managers should focus on "company wins" rather than "ego wins"

Advice to Senior ManagementLocked to SAP, need to integrate to Oracle Applications. Launch Mid-Market initiatives.

Excellent opportunity for growth and development at any level in your career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsVery smart and innovative leadership team. CEO has a very strong company vision and knows how to share it with the employees. Top notch engineering team. Strong backing by SAP. Strong employee recognition. Fun environment. Start-up atmosphere. Offers Yoga, Zumba, fresh fruit, and healthy snacks.

ConsLimited fitness options and only 1 shower in the locker room

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Worked for Vendavo? Contribute to the Community!