Vendavo Reviews

2.8
John Trzeciak

1. Outdated Technologies

I worked at Vendavo

Pros

Nice work and life balance

Cons

Outdated Technologies especially if you are in GSD

2. Company Growing and Developing into

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Vendavo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the 2 years that I have worked at Vendavo, I have seen a true evolution of the organization. The changes that have been made have improved the culture, product, and future of Vendavo. When I joined, I was told that the company would become more disciplined, transparent, and collaborative. All of which I have seen come true.

Cons

The company has gone through a lot of change. With this journey, the organization is working hard to find its new culture.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and listen to employees.

3. Solutions Architect

I worked at Vendavo

Pros

Friendly people, good work life balance

Cons

Product is very unstable and it is very buggy.

5. Decent company, lacks vision to safe guard its position in the market

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Vendavo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty respected in the niche market that it operates in. Marquee clients who are loyal. Work-life balance is good.

Cons

There isn't extra thrust to expand the market. All departments are defensive in their turf but not necessarily thinking of long term future, prof services want to keep customization as a way to keep their hold, engineering wants to hold on to what they have from yesteryears. Company became more defensive after PE take over.

Advice to Management

Allow new thinking to come in, let the old beliefs be challenged.

The Ugly Truth

I worked at Vendavo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are not too many positive things I can say about this company. The cons simply outweigh any pros.

Cons

To say that this company has had quite a bit of change is an understatement. To say that the company has had change that has improved not only the culture, product, and future of the company is a joke. Let’s be real – how many CEOs can a company go through in less than one year? How many executives on top of the CEO can get cut in less than a year? How many good employees leave the company within six months? I no longer work at Vendavo and for good reason. I was there for less than a year and found it to be the most dysfunctional company I have ever worked for. There are a lot of good people that have worked at this company – I won’t lie and say there aren’t. To be honest the sales leadership is the greatest thing the company has going for it right now. The issue is there are a number of people who continue to bring the company spiraling down. How can a company move forward when certain individuals keep pulling it back? It is absolutely shocking to me how some have so much control, yet seem to be so manipulative and the biggest threat to the company. If one department has a turnover rate that is sky-rocking through the roof, shouldn’t someone raise an eyebrow and question the leadership of that team? I mean does anyone even still work in HR? Red flag.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to take a real hard look at the leadership team. Who is the asset and who is the threat. I have no doubt that many people want to see this company succeed. I do however doubt the amount of time it will take to get there with certain individuals. Listen to the people (and when I say people, I mean try talk to some individual contributors – not management). Ask the right questions. And take a more active role in Human Resources. The people are the biggest asset to the company. You need a strong HR team to really help drive change, culture, and employee development.

7. I didn't like working for Vendavo at all, left after 6 months

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Vendavo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a small company so you can get experience in performing a lot of different functions. If you're interested in learning, it is a good place to do it because there is a lot of work to be done and not a lot of talent to do it. I did have some fun while it lasted, but I am much happier now than before... The best thing I can say about the team I worked on is that they are...enthusiastic...

Cons

The marketing team I worked on was very dysfunctional and management was either unaware or unable to fix the problem. Team members did not get along, and people were assigned to jobs they were not very good at which caused a lot of finger pointing and negative results. A lot of ego for such a mediocre set of employees, and very unprofessional/amateur at times. The first few months were okay, but once the worst team members showed their true selves it was pretty much the worst work environment to be in. On top of all that, productivity coming out of the team was almost laughable. Strong leadership could have maybe fixed the problem, but in reality the team dynamic was toxic. And even if the personalities had not been the problem, the skill sets were below par for the jobs that needed to be done. So that is a perfect disaster and is why I give such a negative review.

Advice to Management

Define what Vendavo is before allocating resources to the problem Vendavo aims to solve, rather than hiring resources and allowing them to define what Vendavo is, what problems it is trying to solve, and how it's going to solve it. If I were in charge, I would have to reassess skill sets and either reallocate them appropriately, or replace staff with a better mix of abilities.

Valuable solution, smart and friendly co-workers, long sales cycles and services are too expensive often kill the deal.

Former Employee - VENDAVO* DIRECTOR of SAP ALLIANCES & CHANNEL SALES - AMERICAS in Oakland, CA

I worked at Vendavo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vendavo's pricing solutions provide immediate ROI to the customer. And it continues to to deliver value year after year. The sales team and business analyst are brilliant. With such a strong ROI, it is easy to get the client interested in the solution.

Cons

The solution is highly customized and requires lots of services to implement. The services are usually 3x the cost of the software. Customer's don't like spending that much money on services. This delays the deals from closing. And often keeps the customer from ever buying.

Advice to Management

Increase the price of your software and decrease the hourly rate for your services team.

9. Configure software for enterprise clients

Current Employee - Configuration Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Configuration Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Vendavo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After the initial learning curve, there are not too many day-to-day surprises

Cons

Initial learning curve is long and you have to learn 4 proprietary languages. Compensation is on the low-end of the scale. The development cycles are very short.

Advice to Management

Increase compensation. Don't spread solution engineers so thin on projects.

Company is experiencing significant turnover of employees in some key areas.

I worked at Vendavo

Pros

Engineering, Product management , and professional services seems to be much more focused than other areas.

Cons

There is significant unhappiness and discontent in Finance and HR areas. It is less due to buy out by private equity firm, but more due to the leaders in these groups. Employees in these groups are just getting up and leaving because of the way they feel they are being treated. For 2+ years HR group specifically has been a revolving door. There seems to be a consistent reason. As the staff feels intimidated and due to fear of retribution they just would just rather leave and go work somewhere else. They don't feel their side of the story will be heard and objectively considered. By the way some HR staff have been told to enter positive comments about the company. So we don't know if some of the positive entries about this company on this Glassdoor site are in fact entered by / or directed by HR.

Advice to Management

Previous CEO had a blind eye to certain real personnel issues on the ground. They used to get masked and manipulated before it reached him. If the new CEO really wants to fix the serious dysfunction then he should get away from what HR is telling him. Instead reach out directly to the front line staff - both current and also the ones who left in the past 24 months, and find out the complete and unvarnished truth behind the turnover and unhappiness.

Disappointing

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Vendavo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong relationships with system integrators, large ERP and CRM partners. Because the software is so expensive to deploy and maintain, partners line up at the door to help you win a deal so that they can bill millions of dollars to deploy the tool.

Cons

Lack of scalability and performance. Written is not just one but several proprietory languages, and the fact that this is touted as "out of the box" but in reality is just a custom tool kit, makes it hard to deliver.

Advice to Management

Move on to something new.

RSS Feed </> Embed