Vendio

Updated Feb 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Effle

good company, very open, respect people,good company to work there.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

Prosin California, a good place, a good weather, competitive salary and bonus, good environment .

Consonline shopping system, rely on ebay's progress, and needs to build more income resources.

Advice to Senior Managementgood communication with people

Work culture

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood learning; Good colleagues and pay; Free food; In City limits

ConsBangalore division closed; Not encouraging management. No work life balance; Expect to work on weekends

Senior Account Development Manager

Senior Account Development Manager (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGreat Working environment, wonderful office.

ConsNo more office in India, slow professional growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-open the full fledged office back in Bangalore and the old team would love to re-join.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place to work!!

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsPassionate and enthusiastic team. Great leadership team.

ConsNothing much to specify! All great things!!

Was a nice place to work at.

Trainee (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGreat managers and a very good environment to learn.

ConsNone i can think off.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Start-up culture, great co-workers, excellent CEO

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis company has been around for a long time, yet it still maintains a great start-up culture where you really feel like you can make an impact. The team consists of the best and brightest in e-commerce and one of the biggest perks is the life/work balance. People work hard, but working hard doesn't mean 'face time' at the office.

ConsIt seems like priorities can shift at times - again, very much like a start-up (but backed by a powerful e-commerce parent company).

PHP/Perl oriented shop stuck with an indian java codebase that nobody wants

Software Development Role (Former Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

ProsDecent atmosphere, management completely oblivious to technical decisions (with ocasional hilarious stabs in the dark) - which is good, fun colleagues

ConsMiddle and top management without any technical vision, product managers better at photography than fighting for their own ideas... A chubby "architect" dude that won't stop talking crap in an attempt to prove something (God knows what)... Too much orientation towards IT operations, too little towards large scale architectures and programming skills... Lack of basic OOP knowledge among senior developers and middle dev. management... The PHP history of the company that does not help at all... A lot of people that can't use an IDE right... Crappy indian codebase, sometimes made crappier by the maintenance done here... Occasional overtime seen as a standard duty by the ones who "sacrificed" in the past :)

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the hard decision of transforming the codebase into something manageable by rewriting parts of the application (yes, SOA)... and, yes, this is a software-centric tip for the management... Why should you care about software? Because software IS your business...

I've learnt a lot working with Vendio

Marketing Associate (Former Employee)

ProsI worked with Vendio as an independent contractor so my work schedule and job descriptions were flexible. As long as the job was done that was all that matters. I worked with a team headed by a marketing manager. Marketing manager was the only person from upper management that communicated frequently with us. It was when we were let go that we heard from upper management. The pay was not all that great but I didn't have to commute and I have also learnt a lot for the 5 years I was with them. So now I can apply my knowledge and skills more effectively in future projects. Thanks Vendio.

ConsNo communication from upper management. Pay wasn't great.

Worked for Vendio? Contribute to the Community!