Venetian Casino Resort Inc Reviews

Reset
3.8
Venetian Casino Resort Inc President Sheldon Adelson
Sheldon Adelson

Pros
  • great benefits owner cares about employees (in 10 reviews)

• Free meals and excellent benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No consideration is given for work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

• A lot of phony two faced people (in 4 reviews)

1. IT Infrastructure - actual current employee

Current Employee - IT Infrastructure in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - IT Infrastructure in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So, I dont know what the other IT Infrastructure review was all about, the turn over is not that high, most of the people that leave here, leave because they leave the state. I've worked all over the country, Ive been here two + years and i look forward to coming to work everyday, that in itself is a priceless commodity. Management open door policies aren't smoke being blown, you have a problem they want to hear it, they want to fix it. Far from the "laughing stock" people ask daily about our openings because they see how well we are treated and how much our management and SR management care.... Like genuinely care. Flexible schedules Full Benefits A no BS approach to whats expected Employee Dining Promoting from within Hiring and not firing A positive non-blame (resolution) oriented incident management A focus on Training!!!! Actual training !! thanks to the Director of It infrastructure and Support from the CIO, They put money in programs to make us better at what we do... what more can you ask for?!?! Monthly events from the CIO letting us know whats going on in the SR levels, how things are and an open question forum, as well as positive recognition for the ppl that went above and beyond... these things matter!!! When was the last time you got an "attaboy/girl" from your current bosses, we work hard and we are appreciated for it ! If you work in IT you will enjoy coming to work.

Cons

We all want to make more money regardless of where you are in this city, but that will come with time, and promoting from within and keeping things in-house will lead to better opportunities I've worked in some pretty terrible, neglected, high turn over places, especially in Las Vegas... This is not one of them If you work hard and you show up 100% you have nothing to worry about

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, Your IT employees are happy, i don't know a single one that isn't.

2. Great Benefits

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Opportunities for Benefits, Salary, and incentive's and perks as an employee are almost endless! Additionally, it is easy to advance within a Department or if not to switch Departments that allow for better growth. The Hotel offers many training courses to advance in your career as well. Venetian is heavily involved in our community here in Las Vegas!

Cons

There are no cons about working at this Hotel that are not encountered at every business on literally every scale.

Advice to Management

At The Venetian and at The Palazzo (sister property next door) as well as The Venezia (tower on top of the parking garage) there are several existing variations of programs implemented to communicate with upper management. I cannot think of a scenario in which this company as a whole has failed to receive any employee challenges on a grand scale or singular situation.

Great benefits, but you're just a number.

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generous pay for Front Desk Agents Decent paid time off accrual

Cons

Favoritism Lazy coworkers Hard work is appreciated, but definitely not necessary or rewardable

Advice to Management

Focus on individual productivity

5. Great Benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Venetian Casino Resort Inc (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great. No cost to team member.

Cons

Favoritism is evident. Some team members get clear direction of career path, but others are left to keep guessing.

Advice to Management

Be fair.

6. SANDS EXPO & CONVENTION CENTER

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, lunch, conventions & show management(s).

Cons

Management, nepotism, low pay rates.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring low quality employees, and take care of good ones.

Front Desk Agent - The Best in Town

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Amazing place to work. Great benefits, great pay, and room to grow. Great upper management will guide you down the right career path.

Cons

Like any hotel/hospitality career the work life schedule is off a little

8. casino/hospitality

Current Employee - Engineer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

best reason to work in the company are salary, benefits and experience in all aspect of my job, you control your phase, you can do your job quick or take your time on projects, depending on what type of project you are assigned.

Cons

too many hands in the cookie jar sometimes, I mean a lot of bosses or wants to be a boss, a lot of politics, poor communication between inexperience project managers

Advice to Management

be firm on the rules being implemented and change a lot of times and improve communication between peers and sub-peers.

9. Cocktail server

Current Employee - Server/Waiter in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Server/Waiter in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Great benefits, able to move around in the company, management has your back, always know what changes are going on, great discounts property wide.

Cons

Senior management is a little clueless, new drinks system isn't favored by guests and servers alike, business has been slowly declining on the casino floor

Advice to Management

Listen more closely to employees needs, letting employees know that their opinions matter and will be taken into consideration

10. Dishwasher

Current Employee - Dishwasher in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Dishwasher in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Venetian Casino Resort Inc part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with and the food is great.

Cons

Some people don't like to work as hard as me

11. Was Nice in the Beginning

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Experience working at a major hotel resort and casino.

Cons

They don't care about their employees at all. Your personal life does not exist. The casinos never close so you will be giving up your weekends, holidays, and there will be times where you will be working 14 - 18 days straight.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees much better, this way you will not have such high turnover.

RSS Feed </> Embed