Venetian Casino Resort Inc

Updated November 30, 2014
3.6

Venetian Casino Resort Inc President Sheldon Adelson
Sheldon Adelson

Pros
  • Great benefits, great tm events to show how the company feels in a whole about its employees (in 10 reviews)

• Excellent Benefits AT NOT COST to the employee & dependants (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance could be better as well as realistic expectations from employees (in 3 reviews)

• A lot of phony two faced people (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company culture, great benefits

Current Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free health benefits, highest paid positions in industry

Cons

None that I can think of.

Get a decent IT department, it's hard to be functional when they don't respond or know what they are doing.

Great Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Venetian - Palazzo is a great experience for anyone entering the hotel and hospitality industry. You will gain exposure to countless experiences and opportunities to learn from the best.

Cons

High pressure environment, limited ability to apply your own ideas. Very competitive in the middle management area. Need to know how to play politics.

Allow employees to explore ideas and creativity within reason.

housekeeping

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Housekeeper in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

excellent place to work for wonderful benefits excellent training programs great learning experience. I learned a lot from this place. the benefits were free lunch.

Cons

very hard labor work learning every area of this work is challenging but a great experience I learned its not a easy job make sure to have the guest satisfied & happy to make sure they wanted to come back.

I just glad that I showed them that I can do a better job I should of allied for manager Position.

Customer service is going down

Current Employee - Casino Floor Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Casino Floor Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly coworkers. .great bunch of people. . They really care about what they do. They enjoy hanging out with you after work. .

Cons

They care about the bottom line rather than giving great customer service. . They are not concerned about building better positive additudes with the employees

Stop the micromanage aspect of management

The Venetian is an extremely luxurious, high-end resort with a professional and fun team that works well together.

Former Employee - Front Desk Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Front Desk Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Our opinions are heard and taken to heart. I feel as though action is taken quickly when a process needs to be changed or improved. The team is extremely professional and respectful of one another. Everyone takes their job seriously and is appreciative of the opportunity.

Cons

The team is micromanaged and under a watchful & critical eye, which makes most people feel like they cannot be empowered and like they are always under scrutiny.

The lifestyle is a very stressful environment, which then leaves a stressful impression on our team members and guests. Guests have noted they can see the intensity of management and how it impacts our front desk staff in a negative way. I would also recommend adding stock options.

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Advertising in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Advertising in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, Great Team Member events. Offers training classes. The people you work with are great in other departments. The flex time off Is great. Overall this is a great company to work for. It has great values.

Cons

Some departments no room for advancements. Work life is unbalanced. They do not seem to value those who have worked in the company a long time. Some areas need the proper tools to fully complete jobs. Hiring within should be more of a policy if possible.

Really understand the employees better. Think of employees when setting priorities. Value the employees who have been there the longest and really make them feel special and keep those loyal employees from leaving

Great place to work

Former Employee - Catering & Conference Manager - Level I in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Catering & Conference Manager - Level I in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time

Pros

Great benefits and a great team without a lot of turnover. Lots of options for employees to take advantage of.

Cons

It's such a large company that it can be hard to get to know people from different departments, which makes it difficult when you have a large event that requires a lot of cross-department interface.

Great benefits

I worked at Venetian Casino Resort Inc

Pros

Amazing benefits for all full time employees.

Cons

Not a caring atmosphere, everyone looked out for themselves only.

Get to know your employees

Company has great benefits but wish they valued those that have put the time in at the company

Current Employee - Anonymous in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great tm events to show how the company feels in a whole about its employees. New leadership training is very good and will bring the skills necessary to managers that are lacking.

Cons

Work life balance could be better as well as realistic expectations from employees. Communication is lacking is some departments especially concerning when the department that needs improvement should lead by example..

Look at some of the newer leadership and ask their teams how they are doing?

The Worst!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Venetian Casino Resort Inc

Pros

Very nice property and free food

Cons

Employees complain about being written up, highly inexperience employees. Not joking -- makes one wonder how they got their position. It seems like everyone in the department is in an entry level position. A lot of phony two faced people. Very disingenuous individuals work there. Not allowed to speak up - change or offer suggestions it's just not acceptable. A lot of gossip in the office. People who have been there for 5 years or more are still in entry level positions. The pay is way below average.

High turn over. This company is great for someone who doesn't want to grow within the company or who is not a hard worker, do what's asked of you and never make any suggestions and don't rock the boat or they will find some way to fire you, you'll be just fine if your phony and do everything that's asked of you. The culture here is absolutely hideous, employees seem unhappy and poor attitudes are common place here.

I've never worked for a company that does not want employees to advance or suggest things that might benefit their company. They are very out dated in their thinking and use very archaic systems, verbiage and processes. Most companies now days don't operate like this. No wonder a lot of the employees want to work for a certain company in town and not the Venetian. I've over heard several asking about another company which shall remain nameless! Because this place is just not a good environment to work in. The employees are over stress, underpaid, and over worked. Everything they do is behind the times. It's almost shocking -- it really is that bad!! Also explains why theirs ALWAYS jobs available in the advertising department.

Acknowledge your best employees, allow employees to make suggestions and contribute to the making the company a great place to work by trusting them and giving them a voice. Sometimes you are not always right! Some times employees have great ideas, they need work life balance, they deserve promotions and other opportunities that other companies afford their employees. Look for things you could do better to make your employees happy and not feel like they have to back stab each other to get ahead. Or feel like they have to worry they will lose their job.

Venetian Casino Resort Inc Photos